Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading 2 Wanderers 1

barryk32

Cursed with a fucking clueless chairman who is suddenly a saint

Agree with this.

Anyone remember Runaround hosted by Mike Reid?

Most folk sway with the wind.

Nobody wants anyone to be ill but at least lets say it how it is.

Edited by captainmed

That squad should not be marooned at the bottom of the league. There needs to be some real soul searching.

NL is a very lucky boy to still have a job and appear to be under no pressure from the supporters.

Something has to give and it will.........

He's under pressure from me, & I know I'm not alone, we're not saying sack him.....

but we are saying the clock has started, he's had a year, it's about time to show forward movement & its not there, we're in the same place as 12 months ago.

My finger is still firmly pointed at the players though, it's a pity we can't sack them as easily & readily as managers.

I don't think any manager could sort out some of those spineless fookers, I'll not mention names, though I'd love to sit them in a room & put them straight. Fookin' disgraceful, they need a rocket up their arses & I can guarantee they will never have higher contracts or better clubs than they're at now. Mentally weak.

NL needs to sort them out, or sort them out the door, because if he doesn't, it'll cost him his job & minimal reputation.

• Moderators

2 and a half years since Blackpool ensured we didn't reach the play offs.

Leicester who got there on the virtue of goal difference are now top of the Premier League.

To add balance, Freedman is still working his magic at Forest who may well join us next season visiting the splendours of Plymouth, Port Vale and Southend revisited.

There's the hope for me

I think Leicester were in some sort of similar situation and went to league one before bouncing back

Same with Southampton

bouncing_ad.jpg

Too many square pegs in round holes to-day.

Amoebi isn't a one up striker and Pratley just isn't a winger or flank player.

Thought Mark Davies was really disappointing. Never showed for the ball and a crap pass led to the second.

But Amos, Wheater, and Casado look good at this level.

And Vela's positional play has improved no end.

Unlike some, I think that we have the players and you can't fault the effort second half.

Too many square pegs in round holes to-day.

Amoebi isn't a one up striker and Pratley just isn't a winger or flank player.

Thought Mark Davies was really disappointing. Never showed for the ball and a crap pass led to the second.

But Amos, Wheater, and Casado look good at this level.

And Vela's positional play has improved no end.

Unlike some, I think that we have the players and you can't fault the effort second half.

Tbh we're now supporting the empty husk of a famous club - drained of pride & talent (& maybe money) by alleged supporters of the club.

I ran out of patience with the owner, chairman & Board a while ago. Yes, the Board; what were they doing while Rome burned ?

Likewise the disinterested players. And the manager, however much I like him, is on borrowed time.

As for these Mickey Mouse takeover bids, I don't yet know what to think.

But I was uneasy when everyone was laughing at the 'bucket shakers ' and 'donkey lashers'. And here we are.

I have to say i am begnning to think Lennon is not the guy to get us out of this, no way should this group of players be bottom

I'm thinking this now too. We got a manager whos only experience is managing a side with more money than anyone else the league and with the best players. The transition to a side in debt with average players is too much for him. That said, no point in changing now, I can't help but think that going down may help us. Think Norwich, Southampton, Leicester and QPR who all hsve dropped to the third tier and arguably have benefitted from it.

Totally and utterly fucked off right now

But we are BWFC and this is what we do

Is this worse than having a fucking supermarket on one end of the ground and a once famous ground crumbling around our ears?

For those of a certain age it's "here we go again" but some of us have seen a lot worse than what we are seeing right now.

Fuck it. Born a White, always a White. We are going down, but you know what, some of my best days were everyone laughing at us as we went right down to the bottom of the leagues and we turned round and said "fuck you" to everyone and climbed all the way back to Europe

Everyone can fuck right off. We are going down, but we'll be back again whilst I'm still young enough to be a fucking loon and dance around and enjoy it.

Fuck them all. We'll be back one day. Take the pain and enjoy it when we give out again in the future!!!

Lennon sounds like he would like to get sacked, He's under no illusions that he could get fired if a new consortium come in. I don't rate Lennon's signings to be honest, Wilson, Pisano, Twardzick, Wellington, Madine, Dobbie, etc, I know Lennon has had fook all money to spend, but he should have done much better than this lot.