Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brentford 3 Wanderers 1

Walkden26

And me.

And me . But I lived down the road in Acton at the time so no surprise. But got leathered in celebration nevertheless.  

The away end then wasn't much and backed on to new houses that had a perfect view of the game if I remember correctly (or maybe that change came a bit later?). Plus there was some geezer in the Brentford fans close to us dressed in his pyjamas and I think he'd been there, in the same attire, at previous games. Very odd - maybe he sleep walked?

Spoke to a Brentford fan on the train from Vauxhall to Kew Bridge and he reckons they're as shit as we are. Could be on for a horror show of a game.

Hmmm. I was thinking that 7/10 for Brentford to win tonight was a very tempting price.

On the train down now. Still got the remnants of a hangover from the weekend so a beer in the Rocket can't come soon enough. COYWM

Fuckin ell mate fair bastard play.

That shower of shit sqaud of players haven't got a clue, they really haven't.

Fuckin ell mate fair bastard play.

That shower of shit sqaud of players haven't got a clue, they really haven't.

To be fair we booked it a couple of months ago, we do one of the midweek London games every year. Would have hoped to be far too pissed to give a fuck later but we've walked past four pubs that are closed and ended up in a pub called The Beehive oddly enough.