Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

I heard he didnt get much say last season.

He never wanted ameobi or Alf for starters.

If that is true, then either he's a bit weak, or ka knows more about the game. Or both!

Being serious, I find it strange that a self respecting, ambitious young manager would be dictated to in that way. True he'd be set a low budget, but he's got to call the shots on his playing staff.

• Moderators

2+2 and all that but Parky hasn't just given him a new 2 year deal cos he's an unprofessional prick...

Well no but would like to think that's all in the past and his slate is clean

But am pretty certain he didn't get sent home because he was ill

This is a guy who under lennon used to get smashed in fannys on the Thursday night before a game

I ain't knocking him for the sake of it, but his attitude in general has come across as shit on and off the pitch at times

Getting a new deal doesn't really make me think other wise

This is a guy who under lennon used to get smashed in fannys on the Thursday night before a game

I ain't knocking him for the sake of it, but his attitude in general has come across as shit on and off the pitch at times

sounds to me poor management by Lennon then regardless if it's out of hours.

He's obviously had his problems in the past and maybe Parkinson knows how to manage him

We had Diouf banned for spitting at folk. When he came people said he had a bad attitude.

About how you are managed. For me, Madine played his part and more last season and if Parky thinks he's worth a shot then that's enough in my book.

But how much potential do folk actually think he's got? I don't think a great deal more than what he's shown.

He was influential in a team in league one let's not forget that and even with him we struggled at times

He's no world beater but at present he's what we've got so we must get the best out of him. Simple as that for me

Edited by Escobarp

But how much potential do folk actually think he's got? I don't think a great deal more than what he's shown.

He was influential in a team in league one let's not forget that and even with him we struggled at times

He's no world beater but at present he's what we've got so we must get the best out of him. Simple as that for me

Target men often get better with age and experience. If people expect him to score loads he will always disappoint. But with the right partner I think he offers something. Whether he will do so in the championship, time will tell.

• Site Supporter

I think maybe Parky is going back to the future, a couple of goal scoring wide players around Madine like BSA did with Davies. Maybe if we get Ameobi, together with Buckley, it's the likes of Alf and Morris who miss out in the starting line up

Hard to second guess though but I like ALF and would rather him play than Madine. All depends on the shape Parky wants to go with

I think Parky got inside Madines head at the end of last season think he might suprise a few next season possibly begin to fulfil his potential.

As I understand it, a few "had words" to "offer advice" to him before the last few games of the season

Not just PP

Let's hope what was said has stayed between his ears over the summer

If so we may have half a player on our hands