Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

These one year deals always get me

Surely if you sign someone for one year they would want stupid money? As there's no security

Unless nobody else wants them, and they don't really have much of a choice

Might be Sammy calling the shots

One good season, his stock rises again and he's a free agent to choose where he goes

Risky for a footballer to do but i doubt he was short of offers of a longer contract on similar wages to ours?

Plus at 25 he has time on his side

These one year deals always get me

Surely if you sign someone for one year they would want stupid money? As there's no security

Maybe someone like Ameobi can accept a modest salary for 12 months, but he thinks he'll have a cracking season with us and then he'll have clubs queing up for him at the end of the season so £££. Could always go the opposite way like.

• Site Supporter

My guess is money is right down the middle, if he does well, we either offer him a new contract at Christmas on better dosh or if it doesn't come off, we are only lumbered with him for 1 year.

Maybe the embargo is a sticking point though for how many contracts we can hand out over 12 months?

• Moderators

"Phil Parkinson confirmed Alex Samizadeh was allowed to join Kilmarnock and "wasn't what we wanted". #bwfc"

Marc Iles

The wasn't what we wanted meaning he wasn't good enough and we don't think he will be good enough

Is this a case of because of the embargo we have limited squad numbers andPP did not want to use a squad place on him ?

I would have thought a year on loan would be a good idea but may be he did not want that ?