Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chorley V Wanderers....

Charlie Magpie

We are looking forward to a strong Bolton squad visiting Victory Park this Saturday for the start of the pre-season games. This is a great opportunity to see new signings wearing their new club colours for the first time, and to see fans' favourites close up. Get a few autographs or even a selfie with the stars!

A visit to a non-league ground is an opportunity to re-live the 'good old days' of standing on the terraces, having a pie and a brew in the open air and swapping ends at half-time. This is something many youngsters will never have experienced and so we hope to make it a great 'family day' with FREE admission for under 12s and £5.00 for everyone else. The social club will be open from about 1.00pm and serves a range of ales and lagers at very reasonable prices, and the food from the Magpies' Nest snack bar is top quality.

Free car parking in selective car parks in Chorley town centre after 1.00pm, but leave the car at home and enjoy a town centre pub crawl before walking the short distance to Victory Park. If you really want to make a full day of it, The Henry Tate, a Wetherspoons pub, opens at 8.00am!

We are wondering how many Wanderers fans to expect so that we can stock up the bar and order the pies! Hope that you and your family and friends can make it.

See you Saturday for the start of the tough but exciting campaigns that both clubs will experience next season.

I am 28 , sorry for being a BWFC fan , thought that was a good thing not bad , perhaps I enjoy the whole experience, sorry my options are not welcomed in your idea., I live in Leicester and spend a lot of money to watch BWFC after being born in Bolton and living there for 20 years, my girlfriend collects mascots models hence me wanting a picture Once more sorry you feel this way BUT SWEAR words are not needed thanks

Edited by kendalmint22

Im getting a taxi from Leicester to Chorley to support BWfC cost me around 500 Quid but the guy is waiting for the duration of the match, gonna give him a mcdonalds coupon!

I'll come and pick you up and do the same for £350 and a reach around.

• Site Supporter

I am 28 , sorry for being a BWFC fan , thought that was a good thing not bad , perhaps I enjoy the whole experience, sorry my options are not welcomed in your idea., I live in Leicester and spend a lot of money to watch BWFC after being born in Bolton and living there for 20 years, my girlfriend collects mascots models hence me wanting a picture Once more sorry you feel this way BUT SWEAR words are not needed thanks

????

Fuckin weird

Which car parks are free Charlie? Always parked right near the ground in the past but suspect that won't be an option on Saturday.

Apparently all the car parks in Chorley town centre are free after 1.00pm on Saturdays, but the main Flat Iron car park has a limit of 2 hours and a' time of arrival' ticket must be displayed.  

I would suggest car park next to MacDonald's which is accessed via roundabout next to MacD's. If full, continue through car park and go under the railway to Friday Street car park. You will see the Malt and Hops real ale pub ahead of you. But please check signage in car parks. If you are early, you should be able to park closer to ground, I usually park along Pilling Lane.

Be great to see you and any other ex-Leigh RMI supporters on Saturday. The winners of the match will be awarded the Harold Taylor Trophy, in memory of the late Harold who was club secretary at Horwich RMI, Leigh RMI and Chorley FC for many years, and, of course, a Wanderers fan.   

I expect Keith Branagan's son, Ritchie, will play in goal for some part of Saturday's game.