Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Be easier if labour just split wouldnā€™t it. Left can fook off and form their own Islamic,Ā non binary, Anti-Semitic party for the offended by everything Corbynites.

Those closer to the middle can concentrate of getting back the rafts of working class communities up and down the country that the silly cunts have alienated to appease the minority.Ā 

The party will never be united again, the divide is too big now.Ā 

I think a big issue is that there aren't really any working class communities anymore, certainly not "rafts" of them.

Ā 

I agree that the Labour party would, it seems, be better splitting. A more centrist party is what most people seem to want, so they should be heading in that direction, the current party just isn't fit for purpose now, and clearly isn't anywhere near appealing to the middle classes that it needs to get onside to give them even a sniff of power at some point in the future

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Be easier if labour just split wouldnā€™t it. Left can fook off and form their own Islamic,Ā non binary, Anti-Semitic party for the offended by everything Corbynites.

Those closer to the middle can concentrate of getting back the rafts of working class communities up and down the country that the silly cunts have alienated to appease the minority.Ā 

The party will never be united again, the divide is too big now.Ā 

like us mate, you just don't get it šŸ˜‰Ā 

NiC will explain when he comes out of hiding šŸ˜ƒĀ 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

48 hours in 2002 was enough thank you šŸ’Š šŸ’Š šŸ’Š šŸ’Š šŸ’Š šŸ˜ƒĀ 

Ā 

Anyway....

Ā 

Ā 

way I see it

we all would agree politicians are all lying, self serving arseholes.Ā  so it comes as no surprise that someone in their employ would join in.Ā  we all saw they were in it together with the whole barnard castle shambles and all tried to propagate the lie

and now

he's no longer in their employ, so has no need to lie for them or himself

and those who backed him blindly last year, they don't like it, because it makes the tories look a shambles

not that any other party could capitalise on it anyway

but they are a shambles none the less

2 hours ago, Spider said:

The 5th biggest nation on Earth had zero plans for a pandemic, and wereĀ letting this bald nonce run the show even as folk were dying.

That's what happens when you systematically destroy a public health system through underfunding for a full decade.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So genuine question for The usuals. Are you now believing Cummings and now heā€™s no longer a liar? Is that the gist of this? Iā€™ve not seen much of what heā€™s said tbh so canā€™t commentĀ 

Cummings is a snake.

Heā€™s now apologised for what he did last year, even though he said back then he had nothing to apologise for.

I suspect most of what heā€™s said today is true though. Itā€™s to his advantage.

Ā 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

The only thing that scares me is the thought ofĀ my mumĀ dyingĀ 

Name names then.

Lets get the answers you want.

By contrast, the avid Tories on here may wish to offer their opinion on this. Paul Hanley, Diver, Mounts, Bolty (unlikely I know). Thereā€™ll be others.

I said last year that Cummings was a greasy fucker and my opinion hasnā€™t changed. Saw this coming miles off (visionaries do that), but still plenty supported him and even demanded Boris back him to ā€œthe hiltā€ šŸ˜

Couldn't give a shiny shit about Cummings, but this is revelatory stuff.

Even the stuff about photos of Boris' new puppy and the press office being told to focus on that.

The backtrack on the Bernard Castle thing -Ā what a massive cluster fuck, utter disaster, what a tit I am, thought it was right, clearly wasn't. I've a feeling he's never going to live that down and he knows it.

And if he's proved to be lying to a select committee, he's in contempt of the house, you'd be summoned to the bar of the house and either a hefty fine or imprisonment.Ā Ā But, to be honest that's not happened since the 1800s so I don't think it'd ever come to that.

I'm interested to see what the shot back across the bows will be.

33 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So genuine question for The usuals. Are you now believing Cummings and now heā€™s no longer a liar? Is that the gist of this? Iā€™ve not seen much of what heā€™s said tbh so canā€™t commentĀ 

I've not listened to any of it yet, but with regards to Cummings is it not possible that he was a liar, because he needed to lie to keep his job........now that he's out of that job then he's no need to lie anymore?

Or he could be telling fibs again now, who knows

• Site Supporter

If he's lying now, Boris would have said so at PMQ's. Interstingly, he dodged the whole thing.

But, if it is fabrication (and based on what we know about this government, I doubt it) then Cummings will be in serious trouble. He's sat there for 6 hours just telling lies if so.

He's slippery, but has done a proper number on Johnson & Co. here.Ā 

They'll probably all get knighthoods by Christmas, it's what we've come to expect.