Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s ok then! in Farrelli world buy from Russia in roubles bad man… buy in dollars from Russia good man. 

indeed, and we're still buying form Russia as well, let's not forget that

I think the main issue, is that if people buy in Rubles, it props up their currency, if they refuse to, then with the sanctions then the currency collapses 

I heard earlier on the radio that since the war has started, European nations have donated around $1B in aide to The Ukraine, at the same time as having spent $35B on oil/gas from Russia.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s ok then! in Farrelli world buy from Russia in roubles bad man… buy in dollars from Russia good man. 

Read my post, I’m not denying there is a widespread problem. As usual you are ignoring what is as clear as day, this bloke is a Putin sympathiser. 

34 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

He is also denying atrocities are taking place and is against sanctions on Russia. But hey ho someone in France and Germany is doing blah de blah de blah so it’s ok in Mounts world!

Please point out where I said its O.K? This is the problem debating with you, you seem to want to put words in my mouth, when I have said nothing of the sort. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Please point out where I said its O.K? This is the problem debating with you, you seem to want to put words in my mouth, when I have said nothing of the sort. 

Ahem.....

He also said 'nothing of the sort'

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

That was the implication he was making, if you take Hungary to task over buying from Russia then you cannot call them out alone.  Now where did I say I supported Orban?   

Maybe he thought you implied it.

Can't have it both ways.

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s what you don’t say that is the problem here. You used an analogy that France, Germany and others are also buying Russian oil so are the same as Hungary. That is nonsense as this Hungarian PM is doing loads of other things to keep in Putins good books.

Also read MB’s post. You are very good at taking part of a post and ignoring the full context.

Macron behind LePen in the polls for the first time. He may not be in a position to embarrass Boris at the next world leaders meeting. 
Don’t get me wrong, LePen would be a disaster for Europe but he would only have himself to blame.

If Sunak's wife is a billionaire and he doesn't have a pot to piss in alone, why's she with him? She could take her pick with her money, Brad Pitt would nob her now his acting work has dried up, yet she elects to be with a bosseyed midget who wears £2000 'sliders' with towelling socks.

He got grade C in GCSE Maths (Sunak, not Pitt).

He also has a micro-penis, Lindsay Hoyle told me that.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Macron behind LePen in the polls for the first time. He may not be in a position to embarrass Boris at the next world leaders meeting. 
Don’t get me wrong, LePen would be a disaster for Europe but he would only have himself to blame.

Serious question - Why?

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Serious question - Why?

Trying to look like a leader of a country that matters (they are part of the EU, act like it) His antics with Boris said more about him than Boris. Many French thought it was embarrassing. Trying to negotiate with a war criminal.
Ask the French. He should walk the election against LePen.

4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Trying to look like a leader of a country that matters (they are part of the EU, act like it) His antics with Boris said more about him than Boris. Many French thought it was embarrassing. Trying to negotiate with a war criminal.

“Trying to look like a leader of a country that matters😳” what does that actually mean ?

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Expected a vague nonsensical answer, and got one.

20 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Also trying to negotiate with Putin prior to the invasion may have been ultimately futile but we had to try. Can’t fault him for trying.

Just now, BobyBrno said:

Not surprising. Why do you think another far right politician is pushing Macron for the Presidency of another EU member?

I’ve no idea but they are not a country that matters according to you so it’s probably fine🤷

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's only earnings out of the UK that she doesn't pay tax on.

Anything earned here, she does.

It's a funny one: a little while ago on here we were discussing those big companies that avoid paying a lot of tax here by being registered elsewhere- the coffee companies for example.

General consensus was that they should pay tax in the country in which it's earned.

Which precisely what she's doing.

There are also some rules specific to India too that were mentioned.

Stop it with the truth. It’s not welcome here 

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’ve no idea 🤷

Let’s leave it there then. European politics are more diverse and than any other continent. Giving explanations to inane questions without an essay can lead to head scratching. That’s normal. 

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Let’s leave it there then. European politics are more diverse and than any other continent. Giving explanations to inane questions without an essay can lead to head scratching. That’s normal. 

I haven’t looked at French politics and Macron’s popularity like you clearly have. I just thought your earlier summary of why he only had himself to blame was non-sensical. The gist of it was he had over emphasised France’s importance (a good thing for his home audience I’d have thought) and tried to stop Putin  invading Ukraine via negotiation (can’t blame him for trying).