Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We did, we paid for the privilege to ensure ours and others safety, tested before, tested on return after 5 day isolation and kept in our family bubble for 10 days while in Spain .... used our common sense. 

Looks like it’s worked a treat 👍

17 minutes ago, Spider said:

The mortgage providers of the 8 blokes we laid off yesterday will hopefully be as accommodating 

Is that purely Brexit-related?

Or are there other factors?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Is that purely Brexit-related?

Or are there other factors?

Pure brexit

The copper situation means we’ve lost a contract to an Irish company. They aren’t having delays, the customer(s) cannot afford to risk things and we cannot give assurances (i have slipped up by not telling them that Mounts says it’s all worth it, that may have worked).

Lads on the spinning a brazing and lockformer no longer needed on that shift.

28 minutes ago, Spider said:

The mortgage providers of the 8 blokes we laid off yesterday will hopefully be as accommodating 

Shoulf you not just have forward ordered your product, and stuck 12-18 months worth on the shelf, just to ride out these inevitable teething problems? 😉

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Shoulf you not just have forward ordered your product, and stuck 12-18 months worth on the shelf, just to ride out these inevitable teething problems? 😉

Yeah

Fuck the metal exchanges and their modern ways. Bollocks to the intricacies of 21st century capitalism.

I bet it’s ace where Mounts works. Bet they have 20 years worth of stock on the shelf, have invoices out to customers 4-5 years in advance and not be at the mercy of mines, transport, border checks, deals that happen a week before implementation.

If only.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yeah

Fuck the metal exchanges and their modern ways. Bollocks to the intricacies of 21st century capitalism.

I bet it’s ace where Mounts works. Bet they have 20 years worth of stock on the shelf, have invoices out to customers 4-5 years in advance and not be at the mercy of mines, transport, border checks, deals that happen a week before implementation.

If only.

It’s the same for us and all businesses, we’ve had to adapt over the years, many changes, lost business to cheaper manufacturing countries, lost lads to redundancy, business is challenging but you just have to get on with it. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Sad for the lads made redundant I’m sure they’ll bounce back. 

Do you genuinely think so?
Large numbers of middle-aged people having to retrain and then compete in the job market with no experience in their new line of work?

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Do you genuinely think so?
Large numbers of middle-aged people having to retrain and then compete in the job market with no experience in their new line of work?

Hope so, good skills and a good work record are good assets in the job market. Although nothing in life is guaranteed, same happened to the fishermen when we joined EU.  No solace to those who’ve lost there job I know. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Sad for the lads made redundant I’m sure they’ll bounce back. 

We prepared as much as you could you patronising cunt.

We had all the useless “prepare” notices but they had Fuck All details in them.

Tell me how you prepare for borders turning into concrete fucking walls when we were told it would be seamless?

Come on , genius. You extol the virtues of this brave new world, maybe give us all your amazing knowledge rather than sound bites and fucking wishy washy nonsense about things being ok “in time”

For those lads and our contracts, NOW is the time and Brexit is fucking it.

You've nowhere to go beyond your Side-of-a-bus bullshit. So if you’ve nothing new to add that’s practical or useful, don’t bother. Go to Spain and spread some virus instead.

Edited by Spider

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

We prepared as much as you could you patronising cunt.

We had all the useless “prepare” notices but they had Fuck All details in them.

Tell me how you prepare for borders turning into concrete fucking walls?

Come on , genius. You extol the virtues of this brave new world, maybe give us all your amazing knowledge rather than sound bites and fucking wishy washy nonsense about things being ok “in time”

For those lads and our contracts, NOW is the time and Brexit is fucking it.

You've nowhere to go beyond your Side-of-a-bus bullshit. So if you’ve nothing new to add that’s practical or useful, don’t bother. Go to Spain and spread some virus instead.

We are a different market to you so I’m not sure how I can advise you on your business, we import from around the world luckily all our suppliers are outside the EU and we have only a handful of customers in Ireland we just quoted ex works from our U.K. warehouse created a packing note, invoice, country of origin and passed that on to the buyer and they arranged a carrier to collect and do the importation. Oh and we also failed to prepare as we didn’t know what to prepare for when we closed before Xmas. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We are a different market to you so I’m not sure how I can advise you on your business, we import from around the world luckily all our suppliers are outside the EU and we have only a handful of customers in Ireland we just quoted ex works from our U.K. warehouse created a packing note, invoice, country of origin and passed that on to the buyer and they arranged a carrier to collect and do the importation. Oh and we also failed to prepare as we didn’t know what to prepare for when we closed before Xmas. 

So you know fuck all about my business.

Then stop telling me it’ll be ok, you have no idea.

Brexit is hurting us, and we were told it wouldn’t.

But you’re ok. So that must mean everyone else is making it up.

Take your fucking blinkers off

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

So you know fuck all about my business.

Then stop telling me it’ll be ok, you have no idea.

Brexit is hurting us, and we were told it wouldn’t.

But you’re ok. So that must mean everyone else is making it up.

Take your fucking blinkers off

I ain’t said you would be ok, hence winners & losers, life and business circumstances are always changing and moving, Brexit and it’s consequences are just another one to deal with. you voted leave, own it fella Instead of throwing your anger towards others. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
On 22/01/2021 at 22:49, DirtySanchez said:

Serious question 

Why do you put the odd word in italics?

Does it somehow make you’re point a bit more pertinent or do you think you are somehow cleverer than everyone else? 

Serious answer:

It's the way i was taught to put stress on the written word.  I apologise if you don't get that and it makes you feel inferior. 

Are you happier the way other posters do this by using CAPITALS? 

On 22/01/2021 at 22:49, DirtySanchez said:

Serious question 

Why do you put the odd word in italics?

Does it somehow make you’re point a bit more pertinent or do you think you are somehow cleverer than everyone else? 

I do this sometimes.

If you were speaking to each other, you'd be able to use stress and intonation, but you can't in text form, so that's why I'd do it.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What mounts forgets is that this is self-inflicted.

I've never heard such blinkered, mealymouthed piffle.

He’s a substance-free, soundbite machine.

He won’t give you a single measurable advantage. Just waffles on about Misty-eyed notions of self-governance, acting like the Houses of Parliament have just been an Andrew Lloyd-Webber production since 1975.

Yeah, I voted leave. I’m big and grown up enough to admit that it was not without its downsides.

If it was his job on the line, he’d see things differently and start blaming all and sundry.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

He’s a substance-free, soundbite machine.

He won’t give you a single measurable advantage. Just waffles on about Misty-eyed notions of self-governance, acting like the Houses of Parliament have just been an Andrew Lloyd-Webber production since 1975.

Yeah, I voted leave. I’m big and grown up enough to admit that it was not without its downsides.

If it was his job on the line, he’d see things differently and start blaming all and sundry.

Even if there are benefits, to dismiss self induced redundancies as that being the nature of every business is just wrong, and really poor form to dismiss the impacts on everyday workers.

I've never heard such a self centred approach to everything from Covid to Brexit.