Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Oh no. You don't get away that easily. Bullet point list. I think we'd all like to see it. If you're so sure, lay it out to bare.

OK.

Billions on job security for our producers who thought they would struggle after Brexit.....that is obviously the main point

Less emissions on the road

Huge job creation.....no job losses

Whats your thoughts on this deal for TVR then where the EU are driectly blamed for previous delays ? No hiding....😉 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/tvr-revival-new-ceo-details-hybrid-supercar-and-motorsport-plans

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

OK.

Billions on job security for our producers who thought they would struggle after Brexit.....that is obviously the main point

Less emissions on the road

Whats your thoughts on this deal for TVR then where the EU are driectly blamed for previous delays ? No hiding....😉 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/tvr-revival-new-ceo-details-hybrid-supercar-and-motorsport-plans

I don't think I need to say anymore.

Surely the biggest upside to Brexit so far, is we've stopped paying in each week? £250 to £350 million depending on who you believe.

This cheese malarkey too and the veterinarian certificate.  Chap said this morning, we're allowing German and French cheese in without this certificate because our negotiators didnt ask for it.

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I would love the TVR name to carry on but I fear they will struggle. The fact is small independent car firms rarely ever get off the ground. I know it sounds a lot but £25m gets swallowed up very quickly. I really hope they are successful though.

Let's hope they do succeed as the factory is being revamped and jobs created directly.

Maybe all the producers who benefit from Aldi should buy a TVR 😄 

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Let's hope they do succeed as the factory is being revamped and jobs created directly.

Maybe all the producers who benefit from Aldi should buy a TVR 😄 

TVR have no problem selling cars. Making them not so good  

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Surely the biggest upside to Brexit so far, is we've stopped paying in each week? £250 to £350 million depending on who you believe.

This cheese malarkey too and the veterinarian certificate.  Chap said this morning, we're allowing German and French cheese in without this certificate because our negotiators didnt ask for it.

Don’t forget we are paying 25 billion as our divorce bill. Most of this will be in the next five years. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'll be very surprised if a car ever rolls off that production line

Me too.

I like old TVR's but their ridiculous idea of designing their own engine was their downfall. Yes they needed to ditch the ancient Rover V8 but Christ any engine apart from the site they made. 

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Don’t forget we are paying 25 billion as our divorce bill. Most of this will be in the next five years. 

Not quite. We pay 25bn with about 17b due in 5 years. We get about 5bn back in that period so net 12bn. With the remaining 8 split across 30 years 

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Me too.

I like old TVR's but their ridiculous idea of designing their own engine was their downfall. Yes they needed to ditch the ancient Rover V8 but Christ any engine apart from the site they made. 

We could be pleasantly surprised, hope we are. Article stating the orders already taken exceed the amount required in fundraising, plus a new management team.

It's definitely a challenge, and I wish them the best of luck.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

You do realise that £250-350m will be dwarfed by the reduction in trade between the UK and EU?

If that is true then they should be fucking fired. Not that they will be of course. 

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

You do realise that £250-350m will be dwarfed by the reduction in trade between the UK and EU?

If that is true then they should be fucking fired. Not that they will be of course. 

What does the level of trade and how much we no longer pay have in common mate? Enlighten me.