Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well I hope you are going to give him the treatment he deserves for doing so.

@bolty58 state of this. One of your Tory heroes has changed his mind. Supported something then realised it was a shit idea.

Would you rather he was sacked or ridiculed endlessly?

Goodness me.

I just don’t understand were JRM got the idea that old folk would be voting tory, going off here and social media the vast majority of pensioners would be supporting Labour hence the melt downs leading up to the locals. 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m just don’t understand were JRM got the idea that old folk would be voting tory, going off here and social media the vast majority of pensioners would be supporting Labour hence the melt downs leading up to the locals. 

He’s changed his mind.

You know, it can happen.

Even Englands finest posh lads do it now.

Maybe I should be an MP

• Members
On 14/05/2023 at 21:59, Sweep said:

Who cares what economists say, we knew we'd be much worse off for a decade or two once we left but it's worth it for our sovereignty. Or something like that

BBC worker. Tune out.

• Members
18 hours ago, Spider said:

Why did we have to bid alongside other countries for it?

Still, it’s a deal that adds around 0.001% to gdp. 👍

Wont hold my breath for a surge in Aussie cash hitting the rest of the economy.

I’s mention an EU and US trade deal but I know you’ll waffle on about not needing them. Whilst doublethinking a joyous riposte about a deal with Nepal for new rugs.

You have two options there. FFS don't choose the wrong one!

• Members
4 hours ago, Spider said:

Just to help everyone out 

Rees Mogg supported an idea but now it’s been implemented he’s realised it’s a bit shit and is chucking his toys out of the pram.

But that’s ok because loads of people who think he’s the dogs bollocks will continue to eagerly gulp down whatever jizz he shoots into their gobs.

Got it.

Sailing close to the wind again. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Spider said:

Well I hope you are going to give him the treatment he deserves for doing so.

@bolty58 state of this. One of your Tory heroes has changed his mind. Supported something then realised it was a shit idea.

Would you rather he was sacked or ridiculed endlessly?

Goodness me.

:rofl: I'm starting to get to you aren't I?

Mogg didn't change his mind though, it's much worse than that. He supported a policy that was designed to influence voting and then told the public it was in defence of voter fraud. If he hadn't been booted out of the cabinet that would still be his linesnd its still the governments.

He let the mask slip a little yesterday and probably unintentionally. Basically, they are lying to our faces, and yet some still defend it. How much are the public still willing to swallow? Comedy factor and the admission of the truth aside in the words of Truss it's a disgrace. 

• Site Supporter
On 29/07/2017 at 15:48, miamiwhite said:

What is that "mate" of mine Sadiq Khan trying to achieve ?

You lost you demented little cretin, get over it and concentrate on your job you terrorist sympathiser.

I sometimes land on the first page of this thread by mistake.

Looks like he took Miami’s advice in the end because I notice he’s still in post 6 years on.

11 hours ago, Ani said:

The acceptable items were (I think)  bias to people likely to support Tories so Senior rail card was ok,  young persons railcard was not. 

This is a bit odd, I just don't understand why one is acceptable and the other isn't  -  was a reason ever given?

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I sometimes land on the first page of this thread by mistake.

Looks like he took Miami’s advice in the end because I notice he’s still in post 6 years on.

The day Khan does leave office, Miami will be back saying "I told you he'd go" and dishing out "BOOMS" and penny share trading tips

Lord Gammon has, in a rare outbreak of telling the truth, suggested that Brexit (thus far) has failed.........he's correct that we've been let down by our own politicians during the process of leaving (although some will probably have you believe it's down to the ECHR and sinister slags)

Brexit has failed, says Nigel Farage.

The former UKIP leader made the blunt admission as evidence grows over the economic harm to Britain of quitting the European Union.

Economists say it will leave millions of workers in the UK £1,300 worse off than if the UK had remained in the European trading bloc.

Mr Farage told the BBC’s Newsnight: “We have not actually benefited from Brexit economically, what we could have done.

“What Brexit has proved, I’m afraid, is that our politicians are about as useless as the commissioners in Brussels were.

We have mismanaged this totally.

“Simple things, such as take-overs, corporation tax, we are driving business away from our country.

“Arguably, now we are back in control, we are regulating our own businesses even more than they were as EU members.

“Brexit has failed.

“We have not delivered on borders, we have not delivered on Brexit, the Tories have let us down very, very badly.”

49 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Lord Gammon has, in a rare outbreak of telling the truth, suggested that Brexit (thus far) has failed.........he's correct that we've been let down by our own politicians during the process of leaving (although some will probably have you believe it's down to the ECHR and sinister slags)

It was always going to be like this. How can you expect to unravel 40 odd years of political and economic alliance. It was liars like Farage that persuaded people despite all evidence to the contrary.

But here's the thing, they aren't backtracking on the overall flawed leaving the EU strategy, it's all 'its failing because it's not being done the way I would' They would still take us out, it's not an admission that Brexit itself was a foolish venture and people were lied to.

These arch Brexiteers are still trying to make personal political capital out of it, and they know they will still get support because a lot of the public will not admit to being conned into voting for a self-harming policy.

It's an easy gimme for them, from Mogg and his 'we shouldn't still be following certain EU laws' this week to Farage's barracking that MP's are 'too weak' Meaningless soundbites without any alternative strategy.

40 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

But here's the thing, they aren't backtracking on the overall flawed leaving the EU strategy, it's all 'its failing because it's not being done the way I would' They would still take us out, it's not an admission that Brexit itself was a foolish venture and people were lied to.

These arch Brexiteers are still trying to make personal political capital out of it, and they know they will still get support because a lot of the public will not admit to being conned into voting for a self-harming policy.

It's an easy gimme for them, from Mogg and his 'we shouldn't still be following certain EU laws' this week to Farage's barracking that MP's are 'too weak' Meaningless soundbites without any alternative strategy.

They will never admit it was a bad idea. The problem will always be due to remainers, lefty lawyers, Ukraine war, covid, etc etc. They are not short of meaningless soundbites but I think the majority of the electorate can see through it now.

19 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

They will never admit it was a bad idea. The problem will always be due to remainers, lefty lawyers, Ukraine war, covid, etc etc. They are not short of meaningless soundbites but I think the majority of the elecorate catn see through it now.

I think you may have more faith in the great british public than I do at the moment.