Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Have to agree graylings incompetent. It seems these days we’ve more incompetent MPs than competent. 

He's only kept his job because he's as mental as you. 

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Have to agree graylings incompetent. It seems these days we’ve more incompetent MPs than competent. 

I voted Leave. Am I happy now? Am I fuck. Not with the result but with the outcome and where we are currently at

Add any or all of the following words in front of "incompetent MP's".......

Self-serving, attention-seeking, deliberately divisive, ignorant, self-centred, back-stabbing, stupid, blind, egocentric, cuntish, or my favourite.....bloviating

We had a result. It was up to those fuckwits to work out a way to make it work the best that it could....not use it as an excuse to score political points 

54 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This is the problem that May's deal causes us when we have to abide by the common rulebook.... "The United Kingdom is hoping to maintain a close trading relationship with the European Union, its biggest trade partner, after Brexit. To do that, it needs to remain aligned with strict EU safety and environmental rules" 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

This is the problem that May's deal causes us when we have to abide by the common rulebook.... "The United Kingdom is hoping to maintain a close trading relationship with the European Union, its biggest trade partner, after Brexit. To do that, it needs to remain aligned with strict EU safety and environmental rules" 

Elsewhere you said the net is closing on Trump.

Should this happen, then God knows what will follow.

As it happens, it would make sense to maintain or supersede EU standards- no problems with that for me.

I saw an si debate/motion or whatever it is called a few days ago- agriculture, chemicals etc. being talked about.

It was made clear that as EU law was passed into ours, for adjustment later where necessary, that standards wouldn't be lowered.

If that was too happen later, then whichever government did it would have a massive job on their hands at a subsequent election as they'd leave themselves wide open.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Elsewhere you said the net is closing on Trump.

Should this happen, then God knows what will follow.

As it happens, it would make sense to maintain or supersede EU standards- no problems with that for me.

I saw an si debate/motion or whatever it is called a few days ago- agriculture, chemicals etc. being talked about.

It was made clear that as EU law was passed into ours, for adjustment later where necessary, that standards wouldn't be lowered.

If that was too happen later, then whichever government did it would have a massive job on their hands at a subsequent election as they'd leave themselves wide open.

I think the net is closing on the Trump family but my point is more a general one about standards across the world and whoever we seek trade deals but the chlorinated chicken is just a perfect example to use. 

13 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Chlorinated chicken being such a massive issue is a complete load of bollocks anyway.

Fuck off the customs union but stay in the single market and we can get on with our lives.

Absolutely, chlorinated chicken argument used by fuckwits. We’ve already ruled it out, British standards always been world class. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

I doubt your average Syrian, for example, fleeing a war turn country, either to save his family or rape the locals, really cares about the EU

They'd go to Australia if it was nearer

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I doubt your average Syrian, for example, fleeing a war turn country, either to save his family or rape the locals, really cares about the EU

They'd go to Australia if it was nearer

Or Germany, or Belgium or just about any other European country.....but so many come here, strange.

• Moderators
Just now, royal white said:

Or Germany, or Belgium or just about any other European country.....but so many come here, strange.

Why strange? It's always been the case

Germany have more migrants than us but we have a greater percentage in terms of the total population

Trade deals with the USA and China or where banks base their European HQ matter not one bit to your average refugee, whatever they come here for won't be affected by Brexit (will it?)

They've got more chance of landing a gig picking strawberries for a start now all the EU lot are leaving 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Germany have more migrants than us but we have a greater percentage in terms of the total population

Unfortunately, the ones here are shared between large cities and Northern towns. The smaller towns around Manchester certainly get more than their fair share.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Unfortunately, the ones here are shared between large cities and Northern towns. The smaller towns around Manchester certainly get more than their fair share.

As I mentioned moons ago......check the stats for Bolton and the % what we host of the Gateway Schene for the entire UK.....almost a third......yes, a full third.....just in our town.....of the entire nation......

Even Andy Burnham recently spoke about the figure albeit in the broader sense of “Greater Manchester “ but guess which big little town, where everybody knows each other,host the most by one considerable margin....que Clifford Morris’s sudden fat twatting flabby faced bastard’s disappearing act....and how it is too much in the area....

Will it improve ?

Dream on....you know how they breed.

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

As I mentioned moons ago......check the stats for Bolton and the % what we host of the Gateway Schene for the entire UK.....almost a third......yes, a full third.....just in our town.....of the entire nation......

Even Andy Burnham recently spoke about the figure albeit in the broader sense of “Greater Manchester “ but guess which big little town, where everybody knows each other,host the most by one considerable margin....que Clifford Morris’s sudden fat twatting flabby faced bastard’s disappearing act....and how it is too much in the area....

Will it improve ?

Dream on....you know how they breed.

But remember they would go to Oz if it was nearer ;) 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

But remember they would go to Oz if it was nearer ;) 

Think you missed the point there, unless you think refugees see post Brexit Britain a more attractive proposition for a better life, than it was viewed previously?

I don't think Brexit affects their judgement myself, but I'd have to ask one, but I don't see a rise in non EU immigrants as a seal of approval

Likewise, I wouldn't have seen a drop as a warning sign

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Absolutely, chlorinated chicken argument used by fuckwits. We’ve already ruled it out, British standards always been world class. 

British standards are world leading of that there is no doubt but you need to wake up to the reality of what you have voted for. This is not just about what we want but those new and wonderful trade deals that you have bleated on about are not that simple to agree as those future trade partners will want secure their agenda too. Once again your lack of knowledge on this subject is alarming to say the least

Edited by Salford Trotter

7 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

British standards are world leading of that there is no doubt but you need to wake up to the reality of what you have voted for. This is not just about what we want but those new and wonderful trade deals that you have bleated on about are not that simple to agree as those future trade partners will want secure their agenda too. Once again your lack of knowledge on this subject is alarming to say the least

I’m not the least bit worried about trade deals, my main reason for voting to leave the EU had nothing to do with trade deals. 

I wouldn’t get too alarmed about me not having an in depth knowledge of trade deals as I won’t be involved in negotiations. 

And with your superior knowledge of trade deals you felt fit to mention chlorinated chicken when the U.K. government had already ruled it out.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not the least bit worried about trade deals, my main reason for voting to leave the EU had nothing to do with trade deals. 

I wouldn’t get too alarmed about me not having an in depth knowledge of trade deals as I won’t be involved in negotiations. 

And with your superior knowledge of trade deals you felt fit to mention chlorinated chicken when the U.K. government had already ruled it out.

You have been consistently arguing that by leaving the EU we will have the freedom to negotiate our own trade deals without restraints set by the EU. These new trade deals will be fundamental to our future prosperity or is your main reason for leaving to stop foreigners coming into our country? Remember you can't use the ECJ argument if May's deal is ratified. 

29 minutes ago, kent_white said:

What's everyone's problem with chlorinated chicken? Apart from that it doesn't sound nice? Presumably anybody who's been to America and eaten chicken has already tried it? What's it like? 

The NFU argue that it allows for farming welfare and hygiene standards to drop below where they believe they should be. It clearly isn't a taste issue