Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's Started..........

bolty58

There's a lot about women only train carriages n the media at the minute and in this women's safety has to be the only argument. But in other areas it is for basically Muslim women. Of course as part of our community they have a right to use swimming pools, gyms etc but some thought must be put in to it and anyone objecting shouldn't be assumed to be a bigot.

A mate uses the Bolton One gym and an area is curtained off for women only use in peak hours but the issue is this takes out a range of equipment so he can't train back or legs etc.

Unless he's referring to the rejigged gym during renovations, during which time I haven't been, I'm calling bollocks on that one. I used the same gym and there's no piece of equipment in the 'ladies' section that doesn't have an equivalent in the main area, oh aye, there is one, the shitty sit down arm cycle thing...I'll also give him that the lat/row machine is constantly being broke by incompetent galoots in the main and the only alternative is in the ladies...He might prefer the machines in the ladies, but there are equivalents elsewhere imo.

I've popped my head in a few times during female sessions, on accident of course, and there's usually the same ratio of white British/European girls/women to let's say 'other' as there is in the rest of the gym.

As an aside, Bolton One does have a fair share of 'others' but they by and large are a friendly and sociable lot (cue 'Terror cell uncovered in Jason Kenny'...:)). It's a fairly good place to train and I'd probably rejoin when my life's more settled and the fee wouldn't be a monthly waste...

To contrast, I wouldn't train for free at Pegleg's dump down Burnden.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

To relate a (shite) anecdote on the same theme - one time, after being in the gym, went down the pool at the same place (a Sunday) - it was a 'men only' session (hello sailor!) It was solely attended by south asian men/lads and then mesen, until a rather portly shaven headed white bloke entered the fray, looked like he was fresh from an FLA march and hadn't been tert Baths since he was kicked into High Street plunge with primary school. Anyhow, he was brazenly carrying a Union Jack beachtowel - Bolty would've been proud. Perhaps reading too much into it on my part, as he could well have been motivated purely by the thought of a dip, I imagined him thinking all the other users would leap out of the pool as if it had turned into acid when he bellyflopped in... :)

That said, I kind of agreed with the sentiment, if he was motivated by shattering exclusivity. I don't reckon' men or women only sessions at facilities should be a cover for an ad-hoc introduction of 'reverse apartheid/sectarianism' (shit phrase but can't think of another) regarding access.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Your round?

Not so slim yourself is the come back Youri

Heh :) One advantage of being off the sauce is bit of a loss of extra weight - so pork pies are back on the menu :) 

Hope you are well Youri lad. Good that you can joke about it, but knowing your persona on here, you wouldn't have it any other way. Keep well pal.

Cheers RRF, I'll raise a jamjar of Omega Cider to that...

So if these twats get their way and topple Nelsons column down what are they going to do about his truly awe inspiring fucking amazing tomb under St Pauls cathedral

It makes his statue look completely insignificant

For years it has wound me up no end , every time I wander across Trafalgar Square , the amount of people climbing all over the lions.

Yes I understand some rug rats , may find their way up there . But the adults want taking out by a sharp shooter perched up on the National Gallery.None of them show the slightest bit of respect for our glorious history.

• Members

That, coming from the bloke who lives in some 60s timewarp is so hurtful

:D Make yer fucking mind up. Some months back I 'dressed too young' in my 501's, Fred Perry and Gazelles. Now it's a 60's time warp. FFS.

Were you once a woman?

What the fuck is that clown Burnham doing ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanJukes17/status/901496585045061633

Its almost time to turn the lights out and hastely fuck off to another island.

Coppers dancing in the streets, whilst the Romanian gypsys are taking over Bolton Town center , robbing OAP's .Numerous flipflops running about stabbing mainly each other, hundreds of young white girls being groomed and not a bloody traffic warden in site to book all the double parking in bus lanes.

And i have just read about an 88year old pensioner dragged from her bed and savagly beaten.

But its all ok because Andy Burnham and numerous police officers can do the YMCA.

Edited by embankment