Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Apprentice.

Compo

Bland? He's investing £250,000 in them. I doubt he cares about whether he's going to be entertained or not.

You'd think people hadn't ever watched the apprentice before. It is the same, every single year.

Start of series...tasks dominated by crazy, loud, clearly useless individuals - it makes good TV. 

Middle of series....a few of the most eccentric weirdos left in for comedy value - and to annoy twitter

End of series...it becomes obvious that the two competent (or ones with actual real ideas if any exist) will be in the final and all the mentalists go and the safest pair of hands with the most worked through idea wins (if the two don't correspond Sugar has to decide whether to go with best candidate or best idea). 

Its the same every single time. The only time I've ever been surprised was when he invested in that plastic surgery woman. Other than that it is entirely predictable. I had Sarah to win at week 2. And was clear James was the only bloke with a chance.

Course you did. You just couldn't be bothered saying it.

Jimmy-Hill-September-1998.jpg

I did say it. Quite often. It was entirely obvious. I'm not claiming any credit or special insight for it. Anyone who ever has watched the show, knows that early on, the ones who are generally competent, relatively quiet and don't go around offending everyone else, usually end up in the final - unless their actual business idea stinks. 

• Site Supporter

I had city to win 4-0 at weekend and united to win 1-0 in a bet with Liverpool to win 4-0. Just waiting on the Everton score for a 4 game accumulator. I'll let you know that score I've put at around 9.50.

Edited by MickyD

• 9 months later...

Yep. Poor first episode in terms of ability but I suspect that's why the abroad one was moved. Why don't they just ask where they. An buy all the items listed? It can't be difficult 

The Oldham one giving the 'is it cos I'm northern' card went just on that as for me the other 2 were far more culpable 

Don't watch it but read an article at the weekend that said about six of the current lot have all run a business that has folded or failing to make a profit

The only one to have a business that did make money got booted out first

Its just a programme to boost the egos of Sugar, Brady etc

35 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yep. Poor first episode in terms of ability but I suspect that's why the abroad one was moved. Why don't they just ask where they. An buy all the items listed? It can't be difficult 

The Oldham one giving the 'is it cos I'm northern' card went just on that as for me the other 2 were far more culpable 

How they perform is irrelevant. Its simply whether SirAlan thinks they'll massage his ego enough on TV - and if he thinks he could bear being in a room with them after the program for more than 5 minutes. Plus whether he likes their business idea.

The rest is a charade.