Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Indoctrination. I prefer to let them decide their own politics.

If you can't help them with that without going on a protest march then that's tremendously sad, and weak minded.

There's an re teacher at my lads school, who may be pushing the boundaries too far, letting his own views taint his teaching. Exactly the same sort of thing, failing to present a balanced view.

Accepting folk as equals ain’t indoctrination.

It’s just common decency  

Cant say I’ve ever had the urge to take the kids on a march - or myself for that matter. Although if I did, it’d probably be very happy to go on a say no to racism march with them.

That’s not to say I would be in 100% agreement with everyone there on other political topics - Len McClusky for example - but I’d agree with the fundamental message that whatever your political hue, racism is wrong. I wouldn’t say that was indoctrination, that’s simply the difference between right and wrong.

Its not an unbalanced view to stand up and say I am against treating people differently based on skin colour, background or religious beliefs.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Cant say I’ve ever had the urge to take the kids on a march - or myself for that matter. Although if I did, it’d probably be very happy to go on a say no to racism march with them.

That’s not to say I would be in 100% agreement with everyone there on other political topics - Len McClusky for example - but I’d agree with the fundamental message that whatever your political hue, racism is wrong. I wouldn’t say that was indoctrination, that’s simply the difference between right and wrong.

Its not an unbalanced view to stand up and say I am against treating people differently based on skin colour, background or religious beliefs.

Its informing that people believe opposing racism is "political". Very informing. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its informing that people believe opposing racism is "political". Very informing. 

The very picture contains political slogans. It is quite clearly not solely about anti racism. Moreover, I don't need to take my lad on a match for him to understand it.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Accepting folk as equals ain’t indoctrination.

It’s just common decency  

Quite. Don't need marches to achieve that. And as I said above, the picture speak for themselves.

It's virtually impossible to find any of these marches, where folk don't carry political banners of one sort of another.

It's quite pathetic of fan5 to make out that these aren't an amalgamation of folk wishing to make a political point whilst hiding behind another (irrespective of whether they agree with its aim).

Ffs, young kids should be allowed to be just that, allowed to play and grow without being thrust into such an environment.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite. Don't need marches to achieve that. And as I said above, the picture speak for themselves.

It's virtually impossible to find any of these marches, where folk don't carry political banners of one sort of another.

It's quite pathetic of fan5 to make out that these aren't an amalgamation of folk wishing to make a political point whilst hiding behind another (irrespective of whether they agree with its aim).

Ffs, young kids should be allowed to be just that, allowed to play and grow without being thrust into such an environment.

Such an environment? Interesting turn of phrase, do you think children shouldn’t be politically aware. Apathy amongst young people is a real problem in disengagement on issue that direct effect them.

Learning this doesn’t just start at 18. Or it never did round our dinner table, whatever political background or viewpoint you held.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Such an environment? Interesting turn of phrase, do you think children shouldn’t be politically aware. Apathy amongst young people is a real problem in disengagement on issue that direct effect them.

Learning this doesn’t just start at 18. Or it never did round our dinner table, whatever political background or viewpoint you held.

I don't necessarily think they should be brought along on marches either though. Unless they're a bit older and have expressed an interest in going off their own back. 

The guidance I'll be trying to give to my son is not to trust anybody who thinks they've got the definitive or an easy answer. Especially to the big questions like politics. People who think they're right about everything are usually the last people you should be listening to. 

On 19/11/2018 at 18:52, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just me maybe, but I reckon it's wrong to take you're kids on a political protest march.

Last year I took a 3 & 6 year old (made the Bolton News) on a march through Leverhulme Park when the local Labour councillors planned on putting velodrome in the middle of the thing. It would have effected me personally and the surrounding area. To be fair there's little difference between what I did and someone dragging their kids along to a far right/left demo. If you are passionate enough about something then fair do's.

59 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The guidance I'll be trying to give to my son is not to trust anybody who thinks they've got the definitive or an easy answer. Especially to the big questions like politics. People who think they're right about everything are usually the last people you should be listening to. 

Often think the people who spout shit are the worst. "Know what you don't know" is a key part of learning. Dogs manage it. 

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-11/mpif-dkw111918.php

Think that article is being kind to humans. A large part of the human race is fucking clueless about it and dogs outperform them. 

1 minute ago, jayjayoghani said:

Often think the people who spout shit are the worst. "Know what you don't know" is a key part of learning. Dogs manage it. 

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-11/mpif-dkw111918.php

Think that article is being kind to humans. A large part of the human race is fucking clueless about it and dogs outperform them. 

It's the dunning kruger effect! :)