Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

El Hadji Carragher

Spider

• Moderators

I understand that in one case Sky wanted to refresh their format and used an incident to get rid of a couple of their high profile presenters.

I heard they'd wanted rid of Keys and Grey for ages but there were untouchable and walked round like they owned the place, so first real chance they got (i.e. video evidence), off they went

they're still letting Carragher do the Stoke Man City game tonight, then his bosses are going to speak to him

be worth watching just to see if he's shitting himself or if Neville takes the piss

I remember years ago reading an interview with Tommy Boyd off kids' telly in which he detailed an incident where someone sprinted the length of a train platform just to gob in his face...

Can't remember what he did (on telly) but that was unwarranted criticism, regardless.

I'm surprised Traf hasn't been on to (rightly) say a clump would be preferable to being gobbed on, nor Malcolm to point out gobbing on someone is classed as an assault.

I admit once, as an idiot in my youth, I gobbed on someone, it's one of only a handful (maybe two handfuls) of things I've done in life of which I'm truly ashamed and disgusted with myself for.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I remember years ago reading an interview with Tommy Boyd off kids' telly in which he detailed an incident where someone sprinted the length of a train platform just to gob in his face...

Can't remember what he did (on telly) but that was unwarranted criticism, regardless.

I'm surprised Traf hasn't been on to (rightly) say a clump would be preferable to being gobbed on, nor Malcolm to point out gobbing on someone is classed as an assault.

I admit once, as an idiot in my youth, I gobbed on someone, it's one of only a handful (maybe two handfuls) of things I've done in life of which I'm truly ashamed and disgusted with myself for.

When I was about 18 getting cash out of the ATM a few lads (about 15 years old) gobbed and greenied all over my car then pegged it.

Knowing LL well, I waited for them and eventually one went into a phone box.  I'd been saving up a mouthful of gob to get them back (one in particular) and I calmly opened the door, the nob in question looked a bit shocked and probably thought I'd belt him.  Instead I unleashed a mouthful (and I mean a mouthful) down the back of his collar and under his coat.

I hate spitting but in that instance I think I was justified in my actions.  I bet he had to go home and shower much like I had to take my car in to be cleaned . . .

Needless to say  :D

Edited by madthatter

My gobbing was in lieu of a slap/punch, a 'lesser' offence in my eyes (then) - although I should have done neither...

When one is an actual kid kid I think there'll be few who haven't gobbed on cars etc. Gobbing on cars from the top deck of the school bus was almost considered a sport in my second year...I can remember they sometimes used to send an old burgundy bus with sliding windows - and a cheer would go up from the lads when this particular bus came into view as it turned the corner to pick us up*.

* The sliding windows providing greater scope for gobbing accuracy in relation to the usual orange buses' pull open 'V' windows.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

And what do their 14 year old daughters deserve?

Looking at the footage he's just spat in the direction of the driver.  It's dirty as fook like and he should know better but I hope that the bell filming and goading gets done as well.  He could potentially be done for neglect of his daughter by putting her at risk in the way he did.  There's banter and there's being a massive tool.

I rarely watch Sky so don't care either way but his thick, whiny scouse accent does grate.

Looking at the footage he's just spat in the direction of the driver.

And the daughter ended up copping for the spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAo6SNt4lLg

If that clip is the entire incident, as it appears to be, then Carragher doesn't take a lot of winding up.

For me, if he can make it up to the injured party ie the young girl, then no real harm done and we move on. That said, it is technically common assault and I think she would be justified in making a formal complaint.

And the daughter ended up copping for the spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAo6SNt4lLg

If that clip is the entire incident, as it appears to be, then Carragher doesn't take a lot of winding up.

For me, if he can make it up to the injured party ie the young girl, then no real harm done and we move on. That said, it is technically common assault and I think she would be justified in making a formal complaint.

You know what, it's such a weird incident. Huge questions as to why this guy is trying to wind him up. Also why his daughter is asking him to stop and he's ignoring her.

But beyond that, really that is nothing. "Jamie 2-1 mate". Is the extent of the "wind up". To make him spit like that, you have to wonder if he's got some personal issues going on. That's just not normal behaviour and whilst I'm no fan of his, he doesn't strike me as "that sort".