Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

West Upper - Grim

only1swanny

• Site Supporter

New seats this year and I've moved from East to West, 

front row, great seats, great view, but it's grim, feet sticking to the floor, dirt, and stank of stale ale (which i'm assuming is from the rugby), 

Anyone else noticed this in other parts of the ground? 

front row, great seats, great view, but it's grim, feet sticking to the floor, dirt, and stank of stale ale (which i'm assuming is from the rugby), 

that sounds great

it's a football match ffs

I was in WSL and it was exactly the same. Especially the sticky floor

FWIW I’m moving back to an upper tier ASAP

I sat up there one game a few seasons back, still in the premiership at the time. 

It was really really odd. No atmosphere, felt like you were totally disconnected from the game and the people up there seemed to have little interest in the game itself apart from a few who kept getting told to "sit down and be quiet" if they got too excited.

Think the pair behind me spent the whole match discussing mortgages and even missed a City goal and thought the game ended 2-2, standing up declaring it was "a good point"! City won 3-2. 

• Moderators

sit west upper, couple rows from the front, right in the middle

you tend to get David Lee, John McGinlay and an array of other ex players sitting on the front row

love the view after 5 years in the NSL and 10 in the ESL, not fussed about the atmosphere, far more about taking the game in up there - there's no singing going on but plenty "shouting" and getting behind the team

there's never any of that "sit down be quiet" shit going on

• Site Supporter

sit west upper, couple rows from the front, right in the middle

you tend to get David Lee, John McGinlay and an array of other ex players sitting on the front row

love the view after 5 years in the NSL and 10 in the ESL, not fussed about the atmosphere, far more about taking the game in up there - there's no singing going on but plenty "shouting" and getting behind the team

there's never any of that "sit down be quiet" shit going on

Aye. Been up there a fair few times and not as bad as some make out.

Still prefer my view from back row of lower tier though.

Aye. Been up there a fair few times and not as bad as some make out.

Still prefer my view from back row of lower tier though.

Yes, same here.

Junior and I are on back row and at top of the steps, so nobody in front of us either.

Had my ST in West Upper when the daughters were young. Great view and all but more fun had been had sat in a chapel of rest. Always buy my tickets now for WSL near the corner with NSL. Maybe habit but I used to stand on the Burnden Paddock near the Lever End. I like the “diagonal” view of the pitch. Hate being behind the goal

Had my ST in West Upper when the daughters were young. Great view and all but more fun had been had sat in a chapel of rest. Always buy my tickets now for WSL near the corner with NSL. Maybe habit but I used to stand on the Burnden Paddock near the Lever End. I like the “diagonal” view of the pitch. Hate being behind the goal

We're in that same area, but level with the edge of the 18-yard box

• Moderators

Aye, the only reason I stayed in the NSL so long was because I was on the back row in line with the front row of the ESL, great views when that goal was attacked

Did like back row of ESL on the halfway line and only left that spot when JulesDarby sacked off going under Megson and went playing golf instead

Before that was ESL next to nob head corner which was at its best when the away fans were right next to us

Have always been in the West upper, a few years ago a bald headed bell end got a seat 2 rows behind. I honestly don't know why he forks out for a season ticket as he seemingly hates bolton wanderers. He moans at 100 decibels all ghe way through. Fucking cock womble

Edited by desert

Have always been in the West upper, a few years ago a bald headed bell end got a seat 2 rows behind. I honestly don't know why he forks out for a season ticket as he seemingly hates bolton wanderers. He moans at 100 decibels all ghe way through. Fucking cock womble

Does he do the classic loudmouth thing of spending 90% of the time slagging the team off and the other 10% telling everyone to get off their arse and support the lads? Edited by frank_spencer