Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

As I have said numerous times, until the 2nd of April Ken can sell to whomever he wants, realistically this is the individual/group that offers him the most money. 

This individual or group would need to prove the funds to pay off the debts in full (in effect match the debt payment promise of the mystery buyer) plus KA's money, plus sufficient funds to take the club forward. 

Until April 2nd this is solely KA's decision. 

That being said, the EFL could reject the FPP of another buyer if they are adamant that the mystery buyer is going to complete. What they cannot do is reject a prospective owner, no matter how bad, if the only alternative is liquidation. 

Just now, Howardroark said:

As I have said numerous times, until the 2nd of April Ken can sell to whomever he wants, realistically this is the individual/group that offers him the most money. 

This individual or group would need to prove the funds to pay off the debts in full (in effect match the debt payment promise of the mystery buyer) plus KA's money, plus sufficient funds to take the club forward. 

Until April 2nd this is solely KA's decision. 

That being said, the EFL could reject the FPP of another buyer if they are adamant that the mystery buyer is going to complete. What they cannot do is reject a prospective owner, no matter how bad, if the only alternative is liquidation. 

So am I right in thinking that it is all down to how much Ken thinks he can drag out of all parties, even at this late stage ?

So, Bassini, who is relatively new on the scene, would have to provide full proof of all financial guarantees, as to whether he can afford to pay for the club. THis would take some time, i'm doubtful this will all be done by the 2nd. And if it isn't fully complete by then, Ken loses?

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

So, Bassini, who is relatively new on the scene, would have to provide full proof of all financial guarantees, as to whether he can afford to pay for the club. THis would take some time, i'm doubtful this will all be done by the 2nd. And if it isn't fully complete by then, Ken loses?

It appears all this has already been done.

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Yes

My gut tells me Bassini will be in the same position as the Basran group, saying you have the money, then actually proving it is all there and readily available is another, Bassini's past history shows he doesn't have such funds

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

Yes, but 'my' buyer won't budge on the price now.

And I suppose the dilemma is now which one of the 2 frontrunners, yours or the Italian chap, is willing to buy big and invest little- or buy going rate and invest decent amount ?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If Bassini has been bankrupt twice, no way has he got £30m now to pay off the debts and have enough to take the club forward unless he's won the Euro Lottery. Relax

Unless he’s fronting for some other investor 

Horses heads and Tommy guns 

ask no questions - you ain’t seen me right....

19 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The mystery buyers have a bid in place, have always had a bid in place and are waiting to complete, it is KA that is preventing it.

So in effect Bassini would have to prove he has circa £20m available to pay off the debts or its your mystery bidder? 

i'd be surprised if he could find that kind of cash.