Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was wrong on that admittedly, but we are locking down when there’s 48 people being admitted to hospital per week, how many are in intensive care? That’s the marker and why lockdown was justified earlier this year, we didn’t use the nightingale centres then, can see us needing them now. 

that's because loads died

this time

less die

so they stay in hospital longer

and if the rates are increasing, they'll soon be full

then non covid deaths are on the up

maybe one possibility is that covid deaths are lower this time than last time, but excess deaths are greater

5 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

48 in Bolton Royal is a lot per week - its 192 a month 

It's slowing but not decreasing. 

Until it decreases, the beds fill up because some folk are in for months. 48 in this week doesnt mean 48 dead or out.

They wont rest with increasing restrictions until it starts to go down, because we dont have the beds for a continuous 48 a week.

Open the nightingales if we don’t have the room. How many are in icu? We didn’t use the nightingales at the peak of the infection, are we anywhere near full capacity in Bolton hospital? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sturgeon on again, promising more money from U.K. government, she’s loving this shit, lapping up these restrictions. Utter loon. 

So her country’s governance is devolved enough to allow her to decide on lockdown rules for only Scotland but not devolved enough for her to fund that lockdown?

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

So her country’s governance is devolved enough to allow her to decide on lockdown rules for only Scotland but not devolved enough for her to fund that lockdown?

She hates the U.K. and England,  but cap in hand to Westminster when she wants help, the week after you get blackford asking for more money and slagging off the Tory government who have bailed them out. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Open the nightingales if we don’t have the room. How many are in icu? We didn’t use the nightingales at the peak of the infection, are we anywhere near full capacity in Bolton hospital? 

Who the fuck staffs these nightingale? There isn't enough doctors, nurses and HCA's in normal hospitals as it is.

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Open the nightingales if we don’t have the room. How many are in icu? We didn’t use the nightingales at the peak of the infection. 

And what do we do if the nightingales get full?

We locked down severley from 20th March and didnt start easing off until early May to stop it, and it worked, probably with help from the weather.

If we don't lock down this time, something else has to stop the numbers from going up - even if they go up slowly, the nightingales would eventually fill up - we've probably got until end of April to go - 30 weeks, so the strategy has got to be long term this time, rises have to be combatted earlier because the game is longer. 

Edited by peelyfeet

37 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

And what do we do if the nightingales get full?

We locked down severley from 20th March and didnt start easing off until early May to stop it, and it worked, probably with help from the weather.

If we don't lock down this time, something else has to stop the numbers from going up - even if they go up slowly, the nightingales would eventually fill up - we've probably got until end of April to go - 30 weeks, so the strategy has got to be long term this time, rises have to be combatted earlier because the game is longer. 

Open more nightingales.... won’t happen because they won’t get full, and you know it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sturgeon on again, promising more money from U.K. government, she’s loving this shit, lapping up these restrictions. Utter loon. 

But Trump is great because he tells people to crack on, annoys the left and generally doesn't give a fuck.  Best if you leave this debate to the sensible folk.

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Agreed you should take it very seriously because your in a high risk category, but that shouldn't apply to everyone.

It's a very divided subject at the moment, and from what I see at work, it's getting people down, some feel that they have nothing to look forward to, especially if the Government start closing down the hospitality and decapitated tourism sector, surely there's got to be a balance.

It also needs stating more clearly to the general public that if you are obese and if you are suffering from a condition, Covid-19 will affect you more, some don't seem to care and want to go about their lives no matter what, but that would be their choice.

Eh? The point is that if you get the virus it may lead to you getting one of these cardiovascular conditions (or other post covid conditions, as mentioned in Peely's article) so yes it should apply to everyone.

24 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

But Trump is great because he tells people to crack on, annoys the left and generally doesn't give a fuck.  Best if you leave this debate to the sensible folk.

Didn’t mention trump, not sure why you bring him into this. By sensible folk, do you mean folk who agree with you? 

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Open more nightingales.... won’t happen though and you know it. 

If the nightingales fill, they'll use other facilities as best they can - last time we didn't need them and we still got to 1,100 deaths a day, and then the lockdown made that number fall of a cliff.

God help us if we go for even 500 deaths a day over a longer period - can't see it ever happening.

Boris and co won't want to have tens of thousands of more deaths haunting them for the rest of their lives - I bet they can live with economic downturn in a better way, because every country will have it to an extent- it will be restrictions from now until the infection rates drop or vaccine - I'm almost certain.

If those who believe the number of infected is already higher, or t-cells provide immunity, whatever theory you believe, the numbers will drop off naturally at some stage if you're right, without any need for restrictions and we'll all go back to normality - can't see it myself.  Spring at the earliest for a bit of normal I reckon

Edited by peelyfeet

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Open more nightingales.... won’t happen because they won’t get full, and you know it. 

I've been on WanderersWays long enough to know this means that the Nightingales will get full

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Didn’t mention trump, not sure why you bring him into this. By sensible folk, do you mean folk who agree with you? 

I'm comparing the covid measures taken by two leaders.  You have commented on both these leaders during the last 24 hours so this comparison is completely valid.  As I said earlier your judgement on these matters is fucked so leave it to sensible contributors.

12 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I'm comparing the covid measures taken by two leaders.  You have commented on both these leaders during the last 24 hours so this comparison is completely valid.  As I said earlier your judgement on these matters is fucked so leave it to sensible contributors.

Are you bowing out as well?

😇

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

I’ve never mentioned trump regards to Covid. But crack on. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve never mentioned trpmin regards to Covid. But crack on. 

He just wants to divert from the Wee Nippy argument. Has she regained her memory now ? Imagine if Boris had done that, they'd be camped on his doorstep screaming for answers. Absolute hypocrites and she is the biggest hypocrite in this nation.......sorry, tiniest hypocrite.