Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I've not left the house

But looking at facebook, loads of people are once again out and about, brushing shoulders with strangers and acting like an apocalypse isn't a few days away.

They need to say that running in groups of any number will be punishable by being scythed down with a machine gun.

Its a shame we didn't do the lockdown when it rained for 2 weeks without stopping.

Cunts.

Nipped out earlier to get soap. Hadn’t realised that we’d used so much recently so it had become a bit urgent 

Had to say that I was amazed with the gormless cretins around here. Tesco and Aldi were “one in-one out” queuing 6 feet from each other. No mither, no complaining, nobody losing patience. Very few people in the streets other than the occasional jogger. Just saw one group of 4 walking a dog

Also seen some useful stuff on local Facemither group. Photo of queues at chemist and other shops with estimated waiting times to be served

Maybe the message is starting to get through at last?

There is absolutely no way that supermarkets can scale up to support the volume of deliveries required to go - full delivery mode in months let alone weeks. 

You'd need some pretty radical system if you stop people going to the shops. And given where we are I can't see it. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

New York had 5000 new cases in last 24 hours. They are absolutely fucked beyond fucked 

Andrew Cuomo (who is NY state governor I think) on Sky News now, reckons they need around 140K hospital beds (currently have 53K) and 30K ventilators (currently have 4K, with a further 7K on order in the next few weeks.) - he said they need to get to those numbers in 2 weeks, as that's when they expect the peak  -  he didn't look very hopeful if truth be told

They really might end up being well and truly scuppered as it took them far too long to acknowledge the virus was a real thing, let alone quite a serious thing.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Sweep said:

what does that mean for us mere mortals then?  

The police can either order you to go home, or detain you, if you don't have a good reason for being out in public. Think that's the main thing that will affect the average man on the street.

Edited by Cheese

Apologies in advance especially to a shite bearded flaxen haired Anglo Saxon puff off here, these are measures we know exist, and it must be so fucking hard.

Thinking of you S, stay strong mate , everyone who is vile and reeks of crime is with you my friend 💪🙏

19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Andrew Cuomo (who is NY state governor I think) on Sky News now, reckons they need around 140K hospital beds (currently have 53K) and 30K ventilators (currently have 4K, with a further 7K on order in the next few weeks.) - he said they need to get to those numbers in 2 weeks, as that's when they expect the peak  -  he didn't look very hopeful if truth be told

They really might end up being well and truly scuppered as it took them far too long to acknowledge the virus was a real thing, let alone quite a serious thing.

Thats awfully grim reading. Pretty much the same thought process though as the halfwits still prancing about in groups and those who are packing into tube trains