Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Financial Irregularities part 2

Wanderlust

• Moderators

Even thats not totally without risk

What if the likes of us, or mid table types say we are furloughing players,  and/or not renewing beyond june

Wheres the integrity of the league gone then

Or if the h and s bods, welfare officer whatever, says after doing a RA its not safe

If we are playing children, do we have to play 3 times in a week to avoid breaching the suspended penalty

Utterfcuk up  :)

Agreed on the contract situation.  I think if we want to keep a player for next season, let's say Lowe or Crawford, yes we will want to offer to extend beyond June.  But if we have no interest in keeping them on, lets say Hobbs or Emmanuel, we arent going to pay them for 3 months to play a dozen completely meaningless games.  Which weakens our squad and will hand results to whoever we are playing, like you say where's the integrity of that.  I'm not saying I have any answers, just that there is no acceptable solution. 

6 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Not forgetting of course, if these games go ahead behind closed doors ...

No income

Increased outgoings on players wages. Extended contracts, Appearance fee, clean sheet bonus, goal bonus, win bonus (awaiting comments! ), etc etc

Financial suicide.

If you follow what your suggesting we should get rid of the majority of them as soon as their contract is up; and that is the right decision.

Save the money for when we need it and if they make us finish this season then turn out the kids or whoever is left

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If you follow what your suggesting we should get rid of the majority of them as soon as their contract is up; and that is the right decision.

Save the money for when we need it and if they make us finish this season then turn out the kids or whoever is left

Is the correct answer imo

we may as well save the money. Empty everyone we can at the earliest opportunity and start building for next season 

7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nah, I'm saying void the season.

We're not the only team in the lower divisions that will be crippled financially if asked to complete the fixtures well into June & even July.

4 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Nah, I'm saying void the season.

We're not the only team in the lower divisions that will be crippled financially if asked to complete the fixtures well into June & even July.

Zoid the season would be wonderful but we should still get rid of most this shit ASAP

If they void the season will clubs refund season ticket holders ?

As a result of the loss of income there must be a real chance of clubs going into admin. So -12 might be not such a big penalty next season. 

6 hours ago, Ani said:

As a result of the loss of income there must be a real chance of clubs going into admin. So -12 might be not such a big penalty next season. 

I think it will be up to individual clubs whether they refund.The bigger clubs make more in match day revenue from hospitality and normal ticket sales than season tickets, they will be losing millions there and then there will be no lucrative pre season tours this summer.Also read Blackburn had sold Leeds 7,700 tickets at £40 each, they'll have to refund

8 hours ago, Ani said:

Just reading about and some things I’ve seen

if games are to be behind closed doors season ticket holders get a free live stream

some may calculate the amount and knock off 20/21

Each club will be different but the matchday revenue lost will just crush some clubs

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just reading about and some things I’ve seen

if games are to be behind closed doors season ticket holders get a free live stream

some may calculate the amount and knock off 20/21

Each club will be different but the matchday revenue lost will just crush some clubs

I’m not arsed about finishing the season or any refund of my season tickets nor do I want a discount next season, I’d think most ST holders feel the same. 

52 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It won't.

Correct imo. Southend will undoubtedly be a beneficiary of this. If there was ever a good time as a football club to go into admin and clear the decks it’s now. Efl will let it pass as mitigating circumstances. 

Traf is right the season has to be finished- somehow sometime. 

The Premier League really isnt a 'spectator ' sport anymore in terms of supporters actually turning up. Such is the TV money foreign and domestic that one of those football finance experts pointed out many teams in prem would still be turning a healthy profit if there were actually no fans in the ground on matchdays.

Football is fucked at moment. i certainly will not be renewing my Sky Sports had already decided before corona but this has just shown for me what an over rated bag of shit modern football is. Just about which billionaire can chuck the most cash at it./tourists/half and half scarves all that bollocks (not to mention VAR!)

i still love the game but when it resumes i am not contributing anymore to the Premier League bandwagon.