Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St Georges Day

embankment

I was in Benidorm this weekend, highlight the most embarrassing thing was definitely on St Georges day seeing about 6 middle aged blokes dressed up as Crusaders signing "No Surrender to the IRA" at full volume in one of the bars 🙃

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I was in Benidorm this weekend, highlight the most embarrassing thing was definitely on St Georges day seeing about 6 middle aged blokes dressed up as Crusaders signing "No Surrender to the IRA" at full volume in one of the bars 🙃

Who were the other 5?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Nothing wrong with that.

I wonder if they went to Spain to do it because Boris Bloody Johnson hadn’t organised something for them in their own towns?

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

yuk

bet they all had no teeth, shit tats and voted brexit

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Any patio furniture launched?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Have you got a link?

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

yuk

bet they all had no teeth, shit tats and voted brexit

I didn't get that close to them to check out their teeth, but they were definitely Brexit voters, and there were some shit tatts....I noticed them, as they were Wolves fans, and they had the club badge tattooed on them

54 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Any patio furniture launched?

not at all, it was a half hearted effort to be fair.

I know this will go against the grain, as loads of people seem to like Benidorm, but I must say, it's pretty much an absolutely massive shithole. The old town was quite nice, but the newer area is grim as fuck, just full of fat cunts eating all day breakfasts and drinking fosters. People liken it to Blackpool with Sun, but I think Blackpool is probably nicer these days

I'm not sure I'll ever be rushing back

• Members
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know this will go against the grain, as loads of people seem to like Benidorm, but I must say, it's pretty much an absolutely massive shithole. The old town was quite nice, but the newer area is grim as fuck, just full of fat cunts eating all day breakfasts and drinking fosters. People liken it to Blackpool with Sun, but I think Blackpool is probably nicer these days

You don’t strike me as a Benidorm chap.

Anyways I’ve got a load of stock coming in just in time for the World Cup. Furniture, flip flops, fisherman hats with St. George’s flag on, Mrs Grealish T-shirts for the flatdicks. 

22 minutes ago, Sweep said:

did you get to watch sticky vickys daughters act?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Yeah but you’re not a patriot.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Just emigrate from England to an EU country if you don't like Benidorm, instead of moaning about it on here.

30 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Go to Valencia - much nicer 

41 minutes ago, Sweep said:

42 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Old town is quite nice to be fair, the rest of Benidorm would probably be my last choice of any Spanish town to visit. 

24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Last time I went to Benners I ended up in councilling.

It was almost the perfect ending to a very dark journey.

Life has never been the same since.

Can’t quite match that but when I last went for first lads hol in 99 I was attacked with broken bottles for my kfc and had boulders/rocks being launched at me and others by the local rapscallions. Never really thought about it since but would not want my littlun in that situation!!!

9 minutes ago, tomski said:

Can’t quite match that but when I last went for first lads hol in 99 I was attacked with broken bottles for my kfc and had boulders/rocks being launched at me and others by the local rapscallions. Never really thought about it since but would not want my littlun in that situation!!!

Getting mugged for KFC or worse, being the mugger, would surely be the lowest point in anyone's life! 

I went to Benidorm as a teenager in the late 80s.  Loved it at the time but it's embarrassing to think back at how we, and the majority of Brits, behaved.