Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree, wasn’t lockdown to prevent NHS becoming overwhelmed?  we’ve currently got 800 in ICU with Covid (99% will be unvaccinated) no where near overwhelmed, this has to stop. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports

Page 36

Probably about 80% in hospital are double jabbed. 

If you even care to look. 

• Members

Dear Bastard Boris

It is quite plain to see for many years that you are what the French call Les incompétent 

Or what the British call you a bumbling bellend of epic proportions 

Whilst You and Mogg were snorting Cecil off each other’s sweaty chodes we had to endure not seeing loved ones on Christmas Day 

The hypocrisy of you and your party is absolutely staggering and if I had my way you’d be catapulted into the sea at noon on Christmas Day. 

As I am not in power (yet) I would like to take the opportunity to say stick your well laid plan up your well laid arse.

The only options I want to hear are the following 

A) No jab no party. 

2 ) No jab £5000 fine if caught in places you shouldn’t be

D ) Mandatory jabs fuck your choices

You’re paid handsomely to make the tough choices, fuckin do it you fuckin fringe, stop giving the public the option to make decisions that affect the country, it doesn’t work (B R E X I T 🔔

Sort it you slag, whilst your at it sort your hair you minge.

Regards

Rudy The Bastard

Edited by Rudy

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Oh good another personal accdote to highlight a much wider issue. Love it.

OK, yes there might be an increased distrust of the vaccine, this is also compounded by a distrust of government messaging. 

As I say, it's not as simple as, "them folks just don't like the medicine." 

At the end of the night they were all laughing and drinking whisky though - so no harm done.

And Friends was dogshit but I fail to see the relevance.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

36 minutes ago, stevieb said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports

Page 36

I suppose you have to take into account there are much fewer people not jabbed than jabbed and it follows you’ll have more jabbed in hospital, the figures should be adjusted to take that into account. And my original point was only 800 in icu. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

23 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Page 36

It looks about 50:50 without getting a calculator out, but the chances of ending up in hospital after vaccination is much lower than if you haven't been vaccinated. So you would likely remove that 50% who aren't vaccinated from hospital, freeing up valuable space 

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Dear Bastard Boris

It is quite plain to see for many years that you are what the French call Les incompétent 

Or what the British call you a bumbling bellend of epic proportions 

Whilst You and Mogg were snorting Cecil off each other’s sweaty chodes we had to endure not seeing loved ones on Christmas Day 

The hypocrisy of you and your party is absolutely staggering and if I had my way you’d be catapulted into the sea at noon on Christmas Day. 

As I am not in power (yet) So I will like to take the opti to say lay your well laid plan up your well laid arse.

The only options I want to hear are the following 

A) No jab no party. 

2 ) No jab £5000 fine if caught in places you shouldn’t be

D ) Mandatory jabs fuck your choices

You’re paid handsomely to make the tough choices, fuckin do it you fuckin fringe, stop giving the public the option to make decisions that affect the country, it doesn’t work (B R E X I T 🔔

Sort it you slag, whilst your at it sort your hair you minge.

Regards

Rudy The Bastard

His barnet is a real bone of contention with me.

It enrages me even more than his gobshiterry.

The scruffy scarecrow ponce.

Why don't Javid and Sunak pin him down - get the clippers going on number zero.

The fat sloppy bitch.

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Page 36

You little tinker. A bit of context is required.

From the footnotes on page 36

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.

Just now, mickbrown said:

You little tinker. A bit of context is required.

From the footnotes on page 36

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.

I know the context. It was merely to rile Mounts about his 99% unvaxxed comments. 

He's gone nuclear because his week in Spain is looking in jeopardy 

6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I know the context. It was merely to rile Mounts about his 99% unvaxxed comments. 

He's gone nuclear because his week in Spain is looking in jeopardy 

Be interesting to work out the proportion of those vaxxed in hospital compared to the proportion of unvaxxed.

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Be interesting to work out the proportion of those vaxxed in hospital compared to the proportion of unvaxxed.

Page 39 has the unadjusted rates to compare between Vax and unvaxxed

Which while not the proportion gives you the overview of the impact of the vaccine 

Edited by CambridgeBWFC

• Site Supporter

Netherlands going into lockdown, France and Germany restricting travel but apparently it's all Chris Whitty's fault and Boris is caving in.

We will, as per all previous measures, be closing the gate after the horse has bolted so we just have to hope that it is a lot less harmful than delta because it is a damn sight easier to catch, even by those who have had Covid before plus double and even triple vaccinated. Thankfully it looks like those triple jabbed are well protected against hospitalisation so if we can ride this big wave we may finally see this fucking thing become manageable like other viruses come spring.

Watch this, next Easter we will be invaded by fucking aliens and a meteorite will strike earth for good twatting measure.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Netherlands going into lockdown, France and Germany restricting travel but apparently it's all Chris Whitty's fault and Boris is caving in.

We will, as per all previous measures, be closing the gate after the horse has bolted so we just have to hope that it is a lot less harmful than delta because it is a damn sight easier to catch, even by those who have had Covid before plus double and even triple vaccinated. Thankfully it looks like those triple jabbed are well protected against hospitalisation so if we can ride this big wave we may finally see this fucking thing become manageable like other viruses come spring.

Watch this, next Easter we will be invaded by fucking aliens and a meteorite will strike earth for good twatting measure.

We’d all fall out about what to call the meteorite and take sides over the aliens anyway.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I suppose you have to take into account there are much fewer people not jabbed than jabbed and it follows you’ll have more jabbed in hospital, the figures should be adjusted to take that into account. And my original point was only 800 in icu. 

I believe we only have just over 2000 ICU beds in the UK so that is a pretty big percentage and if it gets higher then not much room for anyone else.