Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

I don't pretend to be ignorant of such matters as I've had birds who like stuff like this...

They get eliminated on Sunday don't they?

Birds is very 1970’s. My older brother still says chicks. Both terms are very sexist and should be put in that PC locker with Jim Davidson and Love thy neighbour paraphernalia. 
This may surprise you but Strictly is all recorded on the same day. The Sunday programme is not live. Sorry to disappoint you. (Spoiler, the result can usually be found on Twitter)

16 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Just seen that Spain has the highest rate of unemployment in the EU. 14%

The U.K. 4.6%

If you’re retired and enjoying life in the sun, that probably won’t make much difference to you.
How’s Pedro doing over there?

Why do you think Spain's unemployment rate is so much higher than the UK. It 's obviously because the big majority of jobs in Spain rely on tourisum, on which vivid has has a hugh effect. UK unemployment rate is low because so many foreign works left due to Brexit, leaving  loads of jobs. It's not difficult and should not need explaining. By the way I'm loving life here, thanks.

The Pig of Marbella.

Probably 'retired', retired? Fuck off, he's revolting, look at his skin, it's like leather, like a leatherman, a fat crocodile, fat bastard, could make a suitcase out of him - 'oldhall...He looks like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean? Stay there? Euro Bar? He should be ashamed of himself...

He could provide his own pork and crackling for his €4 Sunday Roast (including a pint of Carling) - eaten in 34°c afternoon heat...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Lots of younger ones are ending up in hospital now. 

Yes, but don't worry about it, dismiss it, like many on here ' it's just like flu'. Tell Gonzo that, and the relatives of the other 120, who died yesterday and another 30,000 new infections, some of whom will end up in hospital and a few ultimately die. Tell that to the parents of the 15 year old who died. It's ok ' because it's one in a million'.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Yes, but don't worry about it, dismiss it, like many on here ' it's just like flu'. Tell Gonzo that, and the relatives of the other 120, who died yesterday and another 30,000 new infections, some of whom will end up in hospital and a few ultimately die. Tell that to the parents of the 15 year old who died. It's ok ' because it's one in a million'.

When did anyone say it was ok you daft shite?

Alas, folk die. Folk die of all sorts and all all ages. It’s shit, truly it is. But you’d have us all stuck indoors for ten years.

9 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

What a ridiculous and insensitive comment you absolute cretin. Nobody is saying anything is ok. It’s all far from ok. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

You know people die from flu also? No one has dismissed anything. God you're an arse. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

There's a vast difference between being stuck in doors and no precautions or restrictions. Having packed stadiums every week in the Premiership  and the like is not the answer.

It is if we don’t want to end up fighting each other for the last fucking potato this time next year.

I love having a pop at Boris, me, I do, but the government have managed this part of the pandemic right as far as I’m concerned.

The contracts and shit at the beginning are abhorrent, but that’s for another day.

We MUST crack on. Things are shit enough without cooping us all up forever.

See Melbourne.

• Members
10 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

There's a vast difference between being stuck in doors and no precautions or restrictions. Having packed stadiums every week in the Premiership  and the like is not the answer.

What is the answer then? I know of people who have took every precaution going. Still got covid and died. I don't know about you or others but I want to live my life not hide away. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Apologies if it offened, but it's reality.  As is the blaise attitude by many to covid on the UK.

More teenagers have died due to knife crime this year than Covid.

Maybe your anger should be directed elsewhere.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Why do you think Spain's unemployment rate is so much higher than the UK. It 's obviously because the big majority of jobs in Spain rely on tourisum, on which vivid has has a hugh effect. UK unemployment rate is low because so many foreign works left due to Brexit, leaving  loads of jobs. It's not difficult and should not need explaining. By the way I'm loving life here, thanks.

None of them left because of a pandemic of course.

What is more, if so many have left, they don't need supplying with food, transport etc, so a proportion of such jobs won't be required.

Meanwhile, all those affected by lack of tourists in Spain will have to look elsewhere won't they. Just like folk had to do here when the influx of cheap labour kicked them in the nuts.

They could all go and work under the plastic of the Costa del Sol, or some other major industry.

Anyway, if you're going to try and score death points, we can all play silly cunts, and I'll give you this.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-08-02/death-of-three-pregnant-women-from-covid-19-sparks-urgent-calls-to-immunize-this-group-in-spain.html

Fucking disgrace, lock up your government.