Serious question waffer, do you think the Spanish governement have done :

a. Incredibly much better

b. Much better

c. Slightly better

d. the same.

e. Slightly worse

f. Much worse

g. Incredibly mush worse 

than the British Government in handling the pandemic ?

H. None of the above. 

3 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Yes, but don't worry about it, dismiss it, like many on here ' it's just like flu'. Tell Gonzo that, and the relatives of the other 120, who died yesterday and another 30,000 new infections, some of whom will end up in hospital and a few ultimately die. Tell that to the parents of the 15 year old who died. It's ok ' because it's one in a million'.

Particularly low and crass even by past WW standards to reference a poster whose mother passed away last night.

3 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Yes, but don't worry about it, dismiss it, like many on here ' it's just like flu'. Tell Gonzo that, and the relatives of the other 120, who died yesterday and another 30,000 new infections, some of whom will end up in hospital and a few ultimately die. Tell that to the parents of the 15 year old who died. It's ok ' because it's one in a million'.

Everybody is going to get it at some point. No matter what the restrictions.

My mum stuck to the rules. Double jabbed early doors as a cancer nurse. Always wore a mask and never went anywhere bar shopping in cleveleys.

She worked at the vic giving jabs out.

She made it through 2 years of working with the general public at a hospital and the hospice, then got it once she stopped.

You'll never, ever stop people getting it. The only thing that works is full lockdown. The rest is only in place to stop hospitals getting overwhelmed and slowing the spread.

1 minute ago, waffer cup 07 said:

B, without doubt, just look at the current infection/ hospital cases and

death figures.

COVID is not going away. Sooner or later, Spain will have to relax it’s rules. When you do open up, your rates and deaths will increase. At what time in the future we make comparisons, no one knows. Other countries are now relaxing their rules based on vaccinations knowing that rates and deaths will increase but accepting that COVID is something we all have to live with. You don’t like Boris, that’s obvious but it’s clouding your judgment on the pandemic IMO. Have a go at him in the politics thread.

2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

B, without doubt, just look at the current infection/ hospital cases and

death figures.

So,much better.

Interesting.

2004 per milion have lost their lives to Covid in the UK.

1848 per million in Spain.

Thats 7000 deaths total that equate to, or around 6%

so the much better Spanish governement is resposble for 'only' 94% of the deaths the UK has.

Hardly something to shout from the rooftops.

The UK has provided 304 million tests. The Spanish 64 million.

This might also explain the higher number of cases, as it appears that only the more serious cases in Spain are reported, whereas in the Uk, many with a positive result, but no symptoms or ailmants, are recorded.

FWIW, I think the UK Governement has come out of this badly, bit Im not sure many governments have actually done much better. We wont really know, probably for the next 5 years or so, until we see the full effects on the economy and health.

Just now, gonzo said:

My mum stuck to the rules. Double jabbed early doors as a cancer nurse. Always wore a mask and never went anywhere bar shopping in cleveleys.

She made it through 2 years of working with the general public at a hospital and the hospice, then got it once she stopped.

You'll never, ever stop people getting it. The only thing that works is full lockdown. The rest is only in place to stop hospitals getting overwhelmed and slowing the spread.

Sorry Gonzo if my post caused offence. My genuine condolences to you and your family in your sad loss. I honestly didn't know your Mum had passed away, but did know she was ill. When people are saying it's only like flu in makes my blood boil. So little understanding.

• Members
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hope you're doing OK Gonzo x

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Sorry Gonzo if my post caused offence. My genuine condolences to you and your family in your sad loss. I honestly didn't know your Mum had passed away, but did know she was ill. When people are saying it's only like flu in makes my blood boil. So little understanding.

Fwiw, i didnt think you meant any offence

If you are who i think you are, ill be surprised if you havent shared a pint with gonzo and ill also add you're no costa lager lout

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Takes a lot to offend me :)

I've done a lot of soul searching over the past 6 days camped by mums beside watching a fairly healthy 70 year old body shut down before my eyes.

She had a fucked liver, but the body couldn't fix it because she had covid and then pneumonia. The body couldn't fix the covid because her liver was pumping bad shit instead of good shit round her body.

Do I resent people living normally in the midst of covid? Do I balls. I resent the virus itself and however it was made but we couldn't lockdown forever.

I was one of the its just flu brigade, never thought it could take a woman like my mum. Without the bashed in liver, she'd have probably survived. But make no mistake its a cunt of a virus.

Her cause of death will be covid, but in reality it was a mixture of 4 things. 

Watching her take her last breath will live with me forever.

The NHS and the staff there are absolutely remarkable people. Theyve been brilliant thoughout.

Regards covid, I really wish there was a proper treatment plan, rather than vaccinations. 

She was covid free 3 days before she died and the ward she was on was downgraded from a covid ward to medium risk.

Anyway Im waffling. X

Being there will make it easier as time passes. I looked on it as a privilege. Being there at the death of a parent and the birth of a child completes life’s cycle and puts everything in context, a kind of karma. Condolences pal.

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Takes a lot to offend me :)

I've done a lot of soul searching over the past 6 days camped by mums beside watching a fairly healthy 70 year old body shut down before my eyes.

She had a fucked liver, but the body couldn't fix it because she had covid and then pneumonia. The body couldn't fix the covid because her liver was pumping bad shit instead of good shit round her body.

Do I resent people living normally in the midst of covid? Do I balls. I resent the virus itself and however it was made but we couldn't lockdown forever.

I was one of the its just flu brigade, never thought it could take a woman like my mum. Without the bashed in liver, she'd have probably survived. But make no mistake its a cunt of a virus.

Her cause of death will be covid, but in reality it was a mixture of 4 things. 

Watching her take her last breath will live with me forever.

The NHS and the staff there are absolutely remarkable people. Theyve been brilliant thoughout.

Regards covid, I really wish there was a proper treatment plan, rather than vaccinations. 

She was covid free 3 days before she died and the ward she was on was downgraded from a covid ward to medium risk.

Anyway Im waffling. X

Genuinely gutted for you, mate.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/shadow-health-secretary-condemns-london-marathon-antivax-protestors-1229910

I saw a sign but couldn't make it out. Then when I saw your link I thought the signs were similar, so checked it out.

Give them a thumping.