Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News

kent_white

• Members
12 hours ago, Ani said:

She had not lied about him but she had leaked information. The BBC had not lied because they quoted a 'source'. So it ain't about lies it is about confidentiality.Ā 
Ā 

I do wonder if the Banks involved have PR departments because Farage is running rings round them.Ā 

Well, she implied the decision to close his account was purely commercial, which she now acknowledges was not the case

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, she implied the decision to close his account was purely commercial, which she now acknowledges was not the case

Why has she resigned ? To save you checking it is because she discussed it with the BBC. You say she 'implied' so you agree she did not say that ?Ā 
Ā 

Did his account meet the criteria ? Again to make it easy for you, the document he produced says it did not.Ā 
Ā 

As I have said multiple times the Bank have fucked by not simply closing the account. But twisting the facts to fit a specific agenda is pathetic.

Do you think it is ironic that Nadine Dorries was calling on her to resign immediately ?
Ā 

• Members
Just now, Ani said:

Why has she resigned ? To save you checking it is because she discussed it with the BBC. You say she 'implied' so you agree she did not say that ?Ā 
Ā 

Did his account meet the criteria ? Again to make it easy for you, the document he produced says it did not.Ā 
Ā 

As I have said multiple times the Bank have fucked by not simply closing the account. But twisting the facts to fit a specific agenda is pathetic.

Do you think it is ironic that Nadine Dorries was calling on her to resign immediately ?
Ā 

I haven't suggested the reason fir her resognation is for anything other than speaking with the journalist?

Unless she's been misquoted - and there's seemingly no indication she was - she failed to mention to the journalist she spoke to that the decision to close his account was based on a number of factors and was not solely a commercial decision

Her statement this morning acknowledges that

It's ironic Dorries is asking her to resign immediately, yes - fuck knows what that has to do with the point I was making, though

38 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Farage would do anything to get into the media, this is gold for him. Expect he'll rock up on I'm a Celeb eventually.

Id love him to go in jungle and get bummed to death by a family of gorillas.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Could he run forĀ 

Mayor of LondonĀ 

next yearĀ 

a lot are pissed of with KAHN

Off subject a bit here, but do you SHOVE in the occasional word in upper case as a trademark or because you want to highlight the word?

18 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I haven't suggested the reason fir her resognation is for anything other than speaking with the journalist?

Unless she's been misquoted - and there's seemingly no indication she was - she failed to mention to the journalist she spoke to that the decision to close his account was based on a number of factors and was not solely a commercial decision

It's ironic Dorries is asking her to resign immediately, yes - fuck knows what that has to do with the point I was making, though

Ok. Customer drops below criteria for an account. Bank plans to close his account but says in there any reason not to. Answer 'no he is a bit of a cunt'

Account is closed for valid reasons, if you read the 40 page document they actually consider keeping the account open because of the potential uproar. Ā So as I have said before Coutts will have more flexible rules than most banks as their customers will have a variety of i daresay unusual financial requirements hence account closures will be reviewed. In this instance they had no reason to waive the rules.Ā 
Ā 

Given they were discussing the potential impact of closing the account it is an incredible cluster fuck by the bank that they did not make 100% sure they were ready to respond is shocking. Wonder how many other Coutts customer are thinking 'can I trust you ?'Ā 
Ā 

The Dorries question seemed relevant when discussing people who are resigning from jobs that are in the public arena.Ā 

Ā 

28 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I understood it that while he was still commercially viable, Coutts could hold their nose and do business with him.

Once he was no longer commercially viable, they could no longer stand the stench of the cunt, so cut him loose.

She should have just said that from the off mind.

9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I understood it that while he was still commercially viable, Coutts could hold their nose and do business with him.

Once he was no longer commercially viable, they could no longer stand the stench of the cunt, so cut him loose.

One of the most bizarre things about this is that implies that Bankers have some type of moral compass when choosing who they deal with and that the compass is driven by anything other than profitsĀ 

• Members
14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

She'd probably have been better off just not saying anything at all

• Site Supporter
Just now, Ani said:

One of the most bizarre things about this is that implies that Bankers have some type of moral compass when choosing who they deal with and that the compass is driven by anything other than profitsĀ 

Said it from the beginning

A bank is a business and has no obligation to open anyone an account.

Maybe in the EU they play those games but not in the Sovereign United Kingdom.

The only thing wrong here is Farageā€™s details being leaked. Iā€™m with him on that, itā€™s a bad do. But heā€™s basically trying to cover up the fact heā€™s not quite as rich as he thinks he is. The fucking sausage.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Said it from the beginning

A bank is a business and has no obligation to open anyone an account.

Maybe in the EU they play those games but not in the Sovereign United Kingdom.

The only thing wrong here is Farageā€™s details being leaked. Iā€™m with him on that, itā€™s a bad do. But heā€™s basically trying to cover up the fact heā€™s not quite as rich as he thinks he is. The fucking sausage.

I think there is a difference that to be a bank you have to have a banking licence so you are agreeing to set of rules to conduct business. Ā It is not the same as setting yourself up as a window cleaner. šŸ˜Ž

11 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Is that actually true?

I feel I have taken over the role as boring replies today.....

Most accounts will have some type of qualifying criteria. So for instance you will to prove who you are to get a current account. Proof of address is usually needed for a full banking current account ( in the old days this would have been a cheque book).Ā 
Ā 

But if someone meets all the criteria (which might include background checks and proof of source of funds etc) the bank can not refuse an account unless they have a reason in their licence. Ā 
Ā 

In the older days a branch manager of a bank/building society could choose who they dealt with. Building society branch managers woukd have a set amount of money to lend on mortgages and could simply decide not to lend to someone.Ā 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

I feel I have taken over the role as boring replies today.....

Most accounts will have some type of qualifying criteria. So for instance you will to prove who you are to get a current account. Proof of address is usually needed for a full banking current account ( in the old days this would have been a cheque book).Ā 
Ā 

But if someone meets all the criteria (which might include background checks and proof of source of funds etc) the bank can not refuse an account unless they have a reason in their licence. Ā 
Ā 

In the older days a branch manager of a bank/building society could choose who they dealt with. Building society branch managers woukd have a set amount of money to lend on mortgages and could simply decide not to lend to someone.Ā 

ā€œunlessĀ they have a reason in their licence.ā€

Coutts must have a cunt licence

• Members
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Ring Coutts this afternoon and try and open an account.

Let us know how you get on.

Ā 

Meant for basic accounts from your normal high street bank and aren't there rules in place for thatĀ 

Not just simply saying banks can just pick and choose

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Site Supporter

Iā€™ll qualify it by saying COUTTS are able to pick and choose then.

Good old Nigel simply couldnā€™t handle the fact he didnā€™t qualify for The Club.

They were wrong to leak personal documents though.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Iā€™ll qualify it by saying COUTTS are able to pick and choose then.

Good old Nigel simply couldnā€™t handle the fact he didnā€™t qualify for The Club.

They were wrong to leak personal documents though.

What personal documents did they leak? As far as I'm aware, Farage received a document detailing the reasoning behind his account closure after submitting a Freedom of Information Request, which he then put into the public domain. Maybe I've missed something though.

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What personal documents did they leak? As far as I'm aware, Farage received a document detailing the reasoning behind his account closure after submitting a Freedom of Information Request, which he then put into the public domain. Maybe I've missed something though.

It was info rather than documents. If they had just sat and waited the story would now be dead.Ā 

14 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Meant for basic accounts from your normal high street bank and aren't there rules in place for thatĀ 

Not just simply saying banks can just pick and choose

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Think the EU have laws in place. Don't think we do anymore.