Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cheese Connoisseur Corner

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Worst cheese I ever had was in France. Was at a small restaurant in rural Bergerac and the food had been amazing, the house wine likewise. All locally produced stuff but not sniffy and pretentious, just basic but delicious.

ANyroad, she brings a cheese board. 5 cheeses - 3 local cow cheeses and 2 goats.

You could smell the goat cheese from across the postcode, and it wasn't good. But, being cheese, I know it can often be the case that smellier means more flavour.

Not this time. I had a big bite of the goats cheese and let out a [too] loud exclamation of "what the FUCK is that?" that had all the nearby diners just staring at me.

I can still taste it to this day. It was like they'd wanked the goat off into a bucket of popped zits, stirred it up with some goat shit, mashed some goats eyes into the mixture then let it rot for the entire summer in a Parisian tramps shoe. In a phone box. Full of goats. With goat AIDS. and a vomiting bug.

I can eat pretty much anything but this was the worst thing I've ever put in my body. 

The dirty, fish-stealing, boat-robbing French bastards.

• Members
56 minutes ago, Spider said:

Worst cheese I ever had was in France. Was at a small restaurant in rural Bergerac and the food had been amazing, the house wine likewise. All locally produced stuff but not sniffy and pretentious, just basic but delicious.

ANyroad, she brings a cheese board. 5 cheeses - 3 local cow cheeses and 2 goats.

You could smell the goat cheese from across the postcode, and it wasn't good. But, being cheese, I know it can often be the case that smellier means more flavour.

Not this time. I had a big bite of the goats cheese and let out a [too] loud exclamation of "what the FUCK is that?" that had all the nearby diners just staring at me.

I can still taste it to this day. It was like they'd wanked the goat off into a bucket of popped zits, stirred it up with some goat shit, mashed some goats eyes into the mixture then let it rot for the entire summer in a Parisian tramps shoe. In a phone box. Full of goats. With goat AIDS. and a vomiting bug.

I can eat pretty much anything but this was the worst thing I've ever put in my body. 

The dirty, fish-stealing, boat-robbing French bastards.

I’ve had some bad bad French cheese, I can’t remember the name of it but your description brought back some Vietnam style PTSD. 

It was goats cheese. It was like solidified sweaty vomit. 
Had to drink two bottles of wine to cleanse my pallet and I never drink wine