Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Christmas TV

bolton_blondie

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Who the fuck bothers to put a tree up on Christmas eve. 

Non-scrubber dubbers.

It's Christmas EVE.

Do you give Easter eggs in February.

Fast for Ramadan in November?

Celebrate Hanukkah in June?

Get pissed and do the tree on Christmas EVE - a real one - that's what used to happen and probably still does with posh folk.

Take it down the morning after Twelfth Night.

I bet you wear brown shoes in the city.

Electric Blue suit too.

5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Take it down the morning after Twelfth Night.

I bet you wear brown shoes in the city.

Electric Blue suit too.

It's being bothered to be arsed so late in the day. Just fuck it off all together if you've not done it by now... like me with jabs 💣

Guilty of the others in my yoof though... 

8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's being bothered to be arsed so late in the day. Just fuck it off all together if you've not done it by now... like me with jabs 💣

Guilty of the others in my yoof though... 

It's not Christmas for an hour and seventeen minutes.

Just because bastard supermarkets have selection boxes and decoration tat in their shitholes in September - Christmas starts at midnight. It's like telly size ratio peasantry can be also found by earlyness of Christmas decorations

(Unless someone's poorly).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

I must say I’ve been watched the grand tour special and it was absolute bobbins. Yes we know the French can’t make cars but the jokes have been done for 20 years. Put a bullet in it

Top gear on the other hand with those 3 Is great fuckin telly. They’ve absolutely nailed it

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, stevieb said:

Can always count on you to have a Harrowing tale. Fuck knows how you've not got PTSD! 

No idea why PTSD isn’t a thing for me. I can recollect every death and seriously injured victim but can just as easily switch off and forget them. 

Others can’t do the switching back off. 

Shrugs shoulders in a non-feeling but fully understanding way.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Whoop whoop, finally found something to watch.....Mortimer & Whitehouse gone fishing, 9pm tonight. 

Cheers, forgotten about that.

I enjoyed both top gear and the grand tour.

Just paused a top gear episode whilst she's out with the dogs.

On 25/12/2021 at 08:17, MickyD said:

No idea why PTSD isn’t a thing for me. I can recollect every death and seriously injured victim but can just as easily switch off and forget them. 

Others can’t do the switching back off. 

Shrugs shoulders in a non-feeling but fully understanding way.

Maybe you’ve got underdeveloped frontal lobes?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Maybe you’ve got underdeveloped frontal lobes?

Go on. If I knew what frontal lobes did I may agree. I doubt it though. I’d say percentage-wise, there are more unaffected than there are affected.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Go on. If I knew what frontal lobes did I may agree. I doubt it though. I’d say percentage-wise, there are more unaffected than there are affected.

In short, they affect empathy and compassion. 

I find it interesting that you say that, as I think that not all injuries and illnesses can be seen.

Some people mask symptoms. Some people self medicate to alleviate symptoms. Some people deny they’ve got symptoms. Etc 

…and of course there are some people who are unaffected from the trauma they’ve experienced.  

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Whitehouse and Mortimer seemed a bit phony t'other night.

I'm struggling with them a bit. I think it's finished. It has been brilliant and tapped into something that men never really expected it to, it has made people speak to eachother.

But it feels a bit phoned in now. I have always felt they would end it as soon as it started to feel a bit shit. Maybe they will?

I could honestly watch drone footage of England in late summertime on TV for hours, though.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Morizio said:

In short, they affect empathy and compassion. 

I find it interesting that you say that, as I think that not all injuries and illnesses can be seen.

Some people mask symptoms. Some people self medicate to alleviate symptoms. Some people deny they’ve got symptoms. Etc 

…and of course there are some people who are unaffected from the trauma they’ve experienced.  

But I don’t lack empathy or compassion. I just don’t let historical events affect my well-being.

Even now, as a limousine driver for a local funeral parlour, my usual attitude is to be solemn and not show emotion; after all, it’s their grief, not mine. That said, I have occasionally wept whilst driving. One such occasion was the funeral of a former Westhoughton cricketer. Picked family up and drove them to Howe Bridge Crematorium. Every pub had dozens of folk outside toasting the deceased. That was fine. I’ve seen it lots of times. The killer was turning into Leigh Road and there being a few dozen cricketers, each with their bats held aloft in salutation. I got quite emotional. 

There’s no fucker weeps like I can at stuff on telly. I can fucking cry at Emmerdale, for fuck’s sake! On the occasions we managed to watch a film on nights at work I’d go and brew up at the sad bits.

So there you go, maybe I have got decent and functioning frontal lobes but they are working for the moment, not the past. 

Are you a psychiatrist? How much do I owe for this consultation?

12 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Whitehouse and Mortimer seemed a bit phony t'other night.

But they pulled it back in the last ten minutes.

I also watched sommat that was almost parody with Vic Reeves in it - but I was pissed so can't recall the circumstances.

9 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'm struggling with them a bit. I think it's finished. It has been brilliant and tapped into something that men never really expected it to, it has made people speak to eachother.

But it feels a bit phoned in now. I have always felt they would end it as soon as it started to feel a bit shit. Maybe they will?

I could honestly watch drone footage of England in late summertime on TV for hours, though.

I think Xmas "specials" are often poor. They often seem like they reach a point wheere they say "Oh shit, we've an extended episode to make and we've done got any material left."

The Royle Family's last few were dreadful.

What about Morecambe and Wise when Angela Rippon got her tits out and they did a sex scene in their bed - with Eric's pipe involved?

When Whitehouse did karaoke unironically - I turned over.

They showed an hour long Christmas special Dad's Army and that was abysmal.

Anyway fuck it - the farce is over with for another year.

Except for bloody New Year.

Many times I've gone to bed at 10pm pissed up and curmudgeonly - then the fireworks start.

New Year is by a long chalk the shittest two days of the year.