Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Injuries

Ani

• Site Supporter

The essence of @gonzo ‘s post is the correct way to view the hysterics and wild guesswork on Charles and Baxter.

And that’s from someone who has done a bit of it this week! 

But mine has been borne out of a hope that these two would be fit and I was looking at scenarios which might bring us good news, so I’m really disappointed it looks like they are not.

But there’s a big difference between asking questions about their complex injury situations (never expecting I’d get a personal update from Evatt!)  and being disappointed they are not fit, to;

- calling Evatt out for his demeanour in his interview, when he’s understandably disappointed, who wouldn’t be! 

- saying he’s handled it wrong

- criticising him for not being transparent (I never get this opinion of fans expecting an explanation on every detail)

- and the worse one, making up and then believing crank stories about fall outs as if Evatt is the instigator, when there is absolutely no proof!! 

• Site Supporter

if they're not match fit, no point rushing them back, it may only make it worse.

Quite excited to see what a well rested Collins and Dad Bod can achieve with a well rested midfield and well rested defence!

COYWM!

Didn't Evatt say that a second medical opinion was being sought after Baxter's cast came off?

Perhaps this second opinion has said he's not fully healed yet and that's why Evatt looks a bit grumpy.?

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

I think people just need to stop analysing every single snippet or piece of information and getting all hysterical when it doesn't transpire how they want it to.

Players get injured. Players get delayed in recovery. Managers get grumpy with the press.

It's fucking football, professional football and a man's game.

Our cunts behave like soccer mums on an under 9s what's app group.

Stop being melodramatic fannies, making shit up in your heads and focus your thoughts on beating Stevenagea and not some bizarre conspiracy dreamt up on twitter.

Get a fucking grip for crying out loud you bunch of women.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again . Just who in the holy of of all that is fuckery do you think you are coming out with logic based opinions on little more than 30 years experience of watching football in every league ?  This is not the time or place for rational deduction or reasoning . My God Man ! have you not heard of squeaky bum time ? Where anything goes and the emptiest of cans rattle the most ?

Its the Alamo , Rourkes Drift , Do or Die , Who Dares Wins . One roll of the die that comes up a 7 is the managers/owners/fans/ball boys fault and we have to seethe on it for the next 40 years . 

Good grief, get with the programme !

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Think it's fair to set IE was mightily fucked off in that interview last week because Charles picked up a knock on international duty

About time. What have they missed. Ten games each at the business end of the season. Been a disaster. They now need to win every remaining game Inc Portsmouth at home and Peterborough away.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Ian evatt in blowing all the twitter pricks and some on here out of the water shocker .   

Some things that people type 'we pay our money, we deserve to know how long players are out for'  !    Wow

• Site Supporter

Considering the number of injuries we've had in the spine of the team and the number of games this affected squad choice/rotation. To still be third in the league and with a glimmer of hope still of an Automatic spot is some achievement. 

I fear the lottery of the play offs, but think we have the edge over all the others who could be involved (bar Lincoln, Lincoln sneaking into the play offs on a tremendous run, is scary)

Positives are we hopefully have a full strength squad for the final phase(s)

We have had a terrible run of injuries there’s no doubting that. To be fair Evatt has not bemoaned the fact… they are a fact of footballing life. We have adequate replacements though who should be bringing in more wins, but they aren’t. The point for me is, if Evatt had all his players available would they be set up and inspired enough to bring those wins in? I am far from convinced. As others have said before, something feels wrong and it is hard to put your finger on what it is. 

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Think it's fair to set IE was mightily fucked off in that interview last week because Charles picked up a knock on international duty

Charles trained with NI and supposedly got a knock.
It could have happened if he'd stayed in Bolton and trained.

Non-story IMO. Evatt's just being mard again.

50 minutes ago, Traf said:

Charles trained with NI and supposedly got a knock.
It could have happened if he'd stayed in Bolton and trained.

Non-story IMO. Evatt's just being mard again.

Jerome was picked for his speed. Charles wouldn’t of started anyway 😂

4 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Considering the number of injuries we've had in the spine of the team and the number of games this affected squad choice/rotation. To still be third in the league and with a glimmer of hope still of an Automatic spot is some achievement. 

I fear the lottery of the play offs, but think we have the edge over all the others who could be involved (bar Lincoln, Lincoln sneaking into the play offs on a tremendous run, is scary)

Positives are we hopefully have a full strength squad for the final phase(s)

I find it a bit naive, whilst sympathising with the run of injuries.  I repeat what I've said before, I'm unsure which games we've started with a weaker team/squad than the opposition, all season?  But the naive bit is thinking we'll ever have a "full strength squad" - when has that ever happened in March/April when the team has played about 50 games?  We might get Charles and Baxter back, we might also get more injuries or suspensions, that's what happens but all we ever hear is that the cavalry are coming back, IE has been saying that most of the season, as if we're immune from fresh injuries.

This was in September: https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/evatt-ready-vale-test

Edited by Johnnyrotten

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I find it a bit naive, whilst sympathising with the run of injuries.  I repeat what I've said before, I'm unsure which games we've started with a weaker team/squad than the opposition, all season?  But the naive bit is thinking we'll ever have a "full strength squad" - when has that ever happened in March/April when the team has played about 50 games?  We might get Charles and Baxter back, we might also get more injuries or suspensions, that's what happens but all we ever hear is that the cavalry are coming back, IE has been saying that most of the season, as if we're immune from fresh injuries.

This was in September: https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/evatt-ready-vale-test

Good link that 

without six senior players through injury and suspension at Vale Park.

*But I don't believe there's another squad in League One that could deal with the magnitude of injuries that we've dealt with over this period."

So in other words, let's stop blaming injuries for our current run, don't forget, the same squad smashed oxford

Also, no receipts kept here back then

"They (the supporters) always back their team incredibly well and we need to go and show that we can deal with that and deal with adversity if it comes and perform to our highest level."

“And if we can do that, like we saw on Tuesday and other games this season, we are a tough team to stop."

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Zico said:

Good link that 

without six senior players through injury and suspension at Vale Park.

*But I don't believe there's another squad in League One that could deal with the magnitude of injuries that we've dealt with over this period."

So in other words, let's stop blaming injuries for our current run, don't forget, the same squad smashed oxford

Also, no receipts kept here back then

"They (the supporters) always back their team incredibly well and we need to go and show that we can deal with that and deal with adversity if it comes and perform to our highest level."

“And if we can do that, like we saw on Tuesday and other games this season, we are a tough team to stop."

Which all highlights that we’ve gone backwards.

We’re not as good as we were 2 years ago, or even 12 months ago.

Spent loads of money and we’re toothless, second half on Saturday was embarrassingly bad.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Anybody see Somervilles goal for Leeds on Friday, cut in from the left beat two defenders and curled a shot into the top right hand corner just like Dapo used to do. I really miss that. ☹️

Seen a few goals over the weekend where a midfielder splits the defence and a forward latches on for a one on one.

I crave for that type of goal :(

• Members

“Dion is not too far away, really, really close in fact,” added Evatt. “He can do 99 per cent of what he needs. He’s had another round of prolotherapy (pain relief) which will hopefully tick that last one per cent off and then he's ready to go. He's raring to go.

“Nathan trained fully today. At the moment he looks great. Fingers crossed there's no reaction overnight, so we will make a call about him and the weekend but it's great to have him back.

“Dan (Nlundulu) is back training and just needs a bit of volume before we get him back involved. Caleb Taylor is back training, George Johnson has been training for a few weeks now and getting better all the time and Randell (Williams) is back fully fit now.

“Gethin (Jones) will probably miss this weekend, but be okay for next, so all of a sudden that squad is getting stronger and stronger which is exactly what we need.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“There are three avenues at the start of the season to get promoted from this division. The first one (as champions) looks unlikely, even though it's possible, and at the moment we're very much in the other two. 

“Number two (second place) is our preferred option and we're in with a real good chance there. Obviously, we need a little bit of help, but not too much. The main focus is on doing the business ourselves and we have to remember that.