Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clash of the Shite 'Uns...

Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

apart from organising the strike?

Don’t really remember the details. But if that’s him taking his responsibilities over players welfare seriously and he’s highlighting what a crook Anderson was, then I don’t have a problem if that’s what he did.

Do you not think during that decade there were very few, if any, who wore the badge with as much pride as he did? I’m struggling… Spearing maybe 

10 minutes ago, desperado said:

The pool isn’t a good one, I know, but you can’t put a player who was arguably the best player we had for a decade (2010-2020), captained the team, never shirked his responsibilities under horrific circumstances, understood what playing for the best club in the world meant, into the same bracket as the rest on this thread.

Nonsense. Your not that crackpot GC of Twatter are you? 

He was not a good footballer, his longevity was due to our financial turmoil and him being willing to stick around because he liked the area and had a few of his pals here

1 hour ago, desperado said:

if any, who wore the badge with as much pride as he did? I’m struggling… Spearing maybe 

Spearing who sat in the stand for half a season on £28,000 a week, because we couldn't afford to give Liverpool £100k?

He could have funded that himself if he really wanted to play.

0 for 2, who else from that era? 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Imagine thinking spearing was some sort of hero

If that’s directed at me, you are way off the mark. Where does pointing out that we went through our worst decade and it’s a struggle to think of players who wore the badge with pride, translate as me thinking of Spearing as a hero?

Many seemed to have missed the point that not every player who played in a shit team at a shit time is a “shit-un” as the thread is asking us to comment upon.

Otherwise let’s just generalise and say every player between 2010-2020 was a shit-un 

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Imagine thinking spearing was some sort of hero. What on earth is that all about. 
As for Darren Wheater he was bang average to say the best. 

Mutley x

Have i missed something here?  Who the fuck is Darren Wheater?

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

If that’s directed at me, you are way off the mark. Where does pointing out that we went through our worst decade and it’s a struggle to think of players who wore the badge with pride, translate as me thinking of Spearing as a hero?

Many seemed to have missed the point that not every player who played in a shit team at a shit time is a “shit-un” as the thread is asking us to comment upon.

Otherwise let’s just generalise and say every player between 2010-2020 was a shit-un 

What does wearing the badge with pride even mean? Is it that same as when we want players to show pashun? Just an absolute non entity.

9 hours ago, embankment said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the one and only .

Zat Knight !!!!

Should have been a bloody traffic warden. 

All he did was point at other players .

Head shaped like a 50p piece .

Even he had no idea where the ball was going if it hit his bonce.

Complete waste of time and money. 

Thats the winner - Zat Shite - pillock

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DicksonDockGRN said:

What does wearing the badge with pride even mean? Is it that same as when we want players to show pashun? Just an absolute non entity.

28 minutes ago, chippytits said:

Give me a Gary O'Neill over mercenary spearing any day of the week, just a scouse wanker that couldn't pass it 15 yards without it bobbling but because he had a temper it's taken as he wore the badge with pride...give over!

Talk about going off on a tangent! 

My original point was about Wheater, Spearing only got thrown into the mix as I was struggling to think of players during our dark decade who weren’t shit. 

There’s a difference between arguing about someone not being shit to interpreting that as a judgement to them being viewed as a hero. 

TBF Gary O Neil is a good shout as a player who shone in the dark times.

If you want to put players who were trusted to captain our club, (wearing the badge with pride) who played for years giving us some bright moments in a shite period, along with non-entities like Garvan, Coke, Butterfield and Mears who didn’t have one decent game between them then your judgement is impaired. 

Biggest disappointment, the aforementioned Len Cantello. We paid a club record fee for an established top league player. We chose him over Gary Owen who begged us to sign him.  West Brom took our money and spent half of it on .... Gary Owen, who went on to gain 22 England caps.

Cantello was shite for every club he subsequently played for.

Recent times, again already mentioned, the footballer in name only & truly the shittest player I've ever seen ... and I saw Ian Moores ... was Liam fckg Trotter. Masquerading as a player he was, in fact, a wardrobe on wheels, dressed in a football strip in his Subbuteo crouching keeper pose stumbling about midfield getting in the fckg way.

Until last season the holder of the worst goalkeeper of all time, anywhere, for anybody, in any era, was Dennis Peacock. Crellin, however, replaced him in that role. I don't see how anyone could ever surpass him.

There's plenty of others, some probably poor in telation to their level at the time ... Pratley, there was a footballer there somewhere, but only as new contracts were to be won. Ibrahim Ba, Peter bloody Barnes, Quinton Fortune, El Cid, Braaten, Wilhelmson (another who's wife justified the spend maybe), the well named Danny Shittu, any number of mystery nobodies signed by Big Sam to counterbalance the great ones he found ... let's just say Blessing Kaku as an example, the money taking nonentities who robbed us blind as we slid into crisis after crisis.

I'd take any one of those 17yr olds who played against Coventry 3 seasons ago before any of this shower.

I liked Pratley and felt a bit sorry for him, he was good before he came to us and we asked him to do a completely different role.

(I was probably his greatest fan and I followed him until he loved me 😉  )

Edited by Traf

46 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Biggest disappointment, the aforementioned Len Cantello. We paid a club record fee for an established top league player. We chose him over Gary Owen who begged us to sign him.  West Brom took our money and spent half of it on .... Gary Owen, who went on to gain 22 England caps.

Cantello was shite for every club he subsequently played for.

Recent times, again already mentioned, the footballer in name only & truly the shittest player I've ever seen ... and I saw Ian Moores ... was Liam fckg Trotter. Masquerading as a player he was, in fact, a wardrobe on wheels, dressed in a football strip in his Subbuteo crouching keeper pose stumbling about midfield getting in the fckg way.

Until last season the holder of the worst goalkeeper of all time, anywhere, for anybody, in any era, was Dennis Peacock. Crellin, however, replaced him in that role. I don't see how anyone could ever surpass him.

There's plenty of others, some probably poor in telation to their level at the time ... Pratley, there was a footballer there somewhere, but only as new contracts were to be won. Ibrahim Ba, Peter bloody Barnes, Quinton Fortune, El Cid, Braaten, Wilhelmson (another who's wife justified the spend maybe), the well named Danny Shittu, any number of mystery nobodies signed by Big Sam to counterbalance the great ones he found ... let's just say Blessing Kaku as an example, the money taking nonentities who robbed us blind as we slid into crisis after crisis.

I'd take any one of those 17yr olds who played against Coventry 3 seasons ago before any of this shower.

Forgot about Peacock, he was poor. Salmon too but did well for Charlton. Here's another Vernon Allot, think we got him from Halifax.