Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Conspiracy theories

globaldiver

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

People have wheelie bin cleaners !

What a time to be alive ! 

Lad round here set up Bin Squad when wheelie bins first came out.

He's worth an absolute fortune. 

Fiver a bin each one takes 1 minute.

3 hours ago, freds dad said:

They want to be able to control what Tracy is spending her Giro on.

So she will be blocked from buying beer and tabs but can buy fruit and veg,

Central Bank Digital Currencies will make this possible with programmable money. 

Certain transactions could be blocked by the issuer and if money not spent in a certain time frame you lose it. 

Traceys weekly benefits payments... Sky, booze and fags blocked, anything not spent within the week its wiped. 

Coming soon to a dole queue near you! 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Central Bank Digital Currencies will make this possible with programmable money. 

Certain transactions could be blocked by the issuer and if money not spent in a certain time frame you lose it. 

Traceys weekly benefits payments... Sky, booze and fags blocked, anything not spent within the week its wiped. 

Coming soon to a dole queue near you! 

Calm down Karen, no one is blocking your giro any time soon.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Not sure what the self-service till conspiracy is but, my take on the tills is that we shouldn't use them.

This enables supermarkets etc to make job cuts, putting more people out of work and the money saved isn't passed to the customer.

Same applies to those steak houses, where they ask you to cook your own meat on a fucking stone.

It doesn't cost nowt, but it's the most effective way. Bank transfer into a legitimate business account still attracts a small transaction charge.

Ours costs us 50p, but if you consider that on a £10k holiday, I might make £400-£500 profit pre-tax & NI, then 50p is fuck all. Consider when the client sticks it on a card and I get billed 1.2% ie £120, that can be 30% of my profit gone.

Mine doesn't.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fiver a bin- kinell, ours is 3.

Just about worth it, as it saves me getting the hose pipe out, and he wazzes in some disinfectant too.

Would take longer to get stuff out and put it away then actually doing the clean.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Not sure what the self-service till conspiracy is but, my take on the tills is that we shouldn't use them.

This enables supermarkets etc to make job cuts, putting more people out of work and the money saved isn't passed to the customer.

Most though seem to have to employ folk to help out all the fuck wits who take on the tills like a mystery game on the crystal maze 

I like them though as I purposefully don't scan my bags for cheap thrills

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Calm down Karen, no one is blocking your giro any time soon.

No giro here unfortunately. 

I'll save myself for the WEFs universal basic income when the machines inevitably take over. 

:D

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Zico said:

Most though seem to have to employ folk to help out all the fuck wits who take on the tills like a mystery game on the crystal maze 

Me too, I use the coop usually and never pay for their shitty bio bags that rip at a seconds thought but they nicely line the kids bedroom bins.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Me too, I use the coop usually and never pay for their shitty bio bags that rip at a seconds thought but they nicely line the kids bedroom bins.

Can't do it in our coop, there's a Chinese guy works the tills and he doesn't miss a thing, seems to have an eye on everyone at all times 

They've just put cctv on the Waitrose ones along with a sign saying we trust you 

Bring it on

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Zico said:

Can't do it in our coop, there's a Chinese guy works the tills and he doesn't miss a thing, seems to have an eye on everyone at all times 

They've just put cctv on the Waitrose ones along with a sign saying we trust you 

Bring it on

The day the coop stops me nicking their shite green bio bags is the day I stop going. It's their only reason for existing at the moment now in my village such is their crap produce.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

The day the coop stops me nicking their shite green bio bags is the day I stop going. It's their only reason for existing at the moment now in my village such is their crap produce.

It's our go-to shop too in Thornton Village. They never have fuck all in and they've just shrunk the shop to put a Boyes in there. 

Its like an x-rated back room for old people.

13 hours ago, Zico said:

i use the handheld scanners in tesco, grab a bag from the till as i enter, say 'beep' and just walk off

44 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

i use the handheld scanners in tesco, grab a bag from the till as i enter, say 'beep' and just walk off

or scanning the same kilo bag of carrots over and over and dropping packs of meat into the bagging area?

One of our local supermarkets replaced one normal checkout with 8 self service ones. As Zico said, still have a member of staff on there. So that’s one is neutral for them and a massive increase in convenience for me. 

Another supermarket got rid of their self checkouts and somehow managed to spin it that it was all down to customer service when in reality (and I got chatting to a member of staff) they were getting robbed blind on the self checkouts. 

2 hours ago, Traf said:

or scanning the same kilo bag of carrots over and over and dropping packs of meat into the bagging area?

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

this is a dark path you're leading me down

Only what I've heard. Not something I do, I don't even sweat go in supermarkets.

• Site Supporter
On 14/03/2024 at 11:00, Traf said:

And sadly more often than not it's the checkout person that is told to direct you to self scans. Doing themself out of a job in effect. Talk about own goal.

Me and Mrs. F went to Asda Farnworth and did (for two OAPs) a big shop. When we got to the check outs it was self scan only. Mrs. F didn't like it as she used to work there, but I saw my arse, put the perishables back, and we went to Sainsburys. 

13 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

And sadly more often than not it's the checkout person that is told to direct you to self scans. Doing themself out of a job in effect. Talk about own goal.

Me and Mrs. F went to Asda Farnworth and did (for two OAPs) a big shop. When we got to the check outs it was self scan only. Mrs. F didn't like it as she used to work there, but I saw my arse, put the perishables back, and we went to Sainsburys. 

Way too much time on your hands! 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, royal white said:

Way too much time on your hands! 

The clue was " two OAPs" I've got nowt but time on my hands.

No, that's not true, since I retired I've never had a minute, the wife makes sure of that.

I'm a grumpy  stubborn  bastard though.

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, gonzo said:

I'm thinking of seting my own up using kids.

I could call it The Bin Lids.