Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Graffiti You've Seen

madthatter

Went out for some food yesterday and saw a mural type thing painted on the side of a building that made me piss.

Big pic of Benny Hill's face in close up, saluting and saying 'Bye bye Europe', with a little wink :)  Works on many levels for me.

Have to say the graffiti here in Bristol is a cut above the usual Denise is a slag daubed by the canal in emulsion.

Lot to live up to I suppose . . .

My favourite was the responses to a pseudo philosophical piece of graffiti on a bog wall. Some one had written

What do you want from life?

So why aren't you making it happen?

Underneath which somebody had replied...

To have a shit.

I am.

My favourite was the responses to a pseudo philosophical piece of graffiti on a bog wall. Some one had written

Underneath which somebody had replied...

To have a shit.

I am.

:D 

See, I wasn't considering bog scrawl but that opens up a whole other genre . . .

Not that funny now but remember my Nan always used to giggle away telling me when she saw this on a bog wall:

Here I sit broken hearted

Paid a penny and only farted

Still, I laughed out loud when I saw it written on a bog wall once :) 

• Site Supporter

There's a grubby but great CAMRA ale pub called the Free Trade overlooking the tyne renowned for the high brow graffiti in the bogs. I was in there the night of 9/11 and someone had drawn an image of the twin towers and written "comments please" underneath. The first entry said "where was King Kong when you needed him?"

There's a grubby but great CAMRA ale pub called the Free Trade overlooking the tyne renowned for the high brow graffiti in the bogs. I was in there the night of 9/11 and someone had drawn an image of the twin towers and written "comments please" underneath. The first entry said "where was King Kong when you needed him?"

ha ha that's quality

I used to walk my dog over a bridge in bridge in bispham that had 'Shit fuck' painted in big white letters on it.

Think every piece of graffiti ever written or painted subliminally says those immortal words.

Well if I relate to the those above then you're bang on :)

Possibly relates to Denise as well?

Edited by madthatter

• Moderators

Said it before

At uni in Sheffield when usual suspects came out

Big poster ad at a bus stop, the one with the line up

Big arrow and the words he's keyser sosse pointing at kevin spacey

Bridge near here has still got "Sham 69" on it from Lord knows when. Well, late 70s I guess....

Used to be a garage near where I grew up had 'hurry up harry' on its door for many years till they knocked the garages down. I never knew why they never painted over it but every time I walked past I hummed that tune.