Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1973/74

miamiwhite

Owd on a minute. All good but at 31:20 it says "Thousands queued up for the Manchester derby" and shows a bloody great queue outside Burnden?

Well spotted Bolty. Nothing used to make you buzz than getting off the 42 bus to see queues stretching back to the Manny road meaning a big crowd, big atmosphere and big game. Hate rocking up at the Macron and there's just 2 in the queue.

• Members

Well spotted Bolty. Nothing used to make you buzz than getting off the 42 bus to see queues stretching back to the Manny road meaning a big crowd, big atmosphere and big game. Hate rocking up at the Macron and there's just 2 in the queue.

Aye, I remember those queues on multiple occasions in the Armfield/Greaves era. As you say, always pointed to an electric atmosphere to look forward to.

Christ, I miss Burnden Park.

• Moderators

passing croft lane and seeing the tv cameras were in attendance!

anyway, if anybody is bothered, big match revisited this week features us n wolves

might be worth giving it a swerve

It's ok as I have wiped the last ten minutes of that game from my memory. In the new version Super John comes on as sub, knocks Kenny Hibbit out, scores a brace and shows his arse to the Wolves fans.

Aye, I remember those queues on multiple occasions in the Armfield/Greaves era. As you say, always pointed to an electric atmosphere to look forward to.

Christ, I miss Burnden Park.

Stood in those queues many a time on the Burnden side in that era with my Dad. Even better on an evening with the floodlights on

• Site Supporter

Love this era my mid teens happy days the two denim clad lads marching down Manny Rd in first shot are old mates one on left particularly well known around town back in the day (prince bill ).l got hit on the canister with a paint spray can on Great Lever end that Sunday.

• Site Supporter

passing croft lane and seeing the tv cameras were in attendance!

And that was in the days of TV Cameras not meaning people stay at home to watch and taking 5 or 6,000 off the crowd.

Usually second match on Granada TV Sunday afternoon.

Very occasionally second match on MOTD Saturday night. This was in the days of two matches only.

We were rarely the main match even in the seventies, and we always seemed to mess up when the cameras were there.

• Moderators

Usually second match on Granada TV Sunday afternoon.

Very occasionally second match on MOTD Saturday night. This was in the days of two matches only.

We were rarely the main match even in the seventies, and we always seemed to mess up when the cameras were there.

i thought if we were filmed at home, we were generally main game on the sunday

show was filled out with coverage from other regions so sometimes we were the other game

norwich and chelsea more than once and bristol rovers ring a bell

i thought if we were filmed at home, we were generally main game on the sunday

show was filled out with coverage from other regions so sometimes we were the other game

norwich and chelsea more than once and bristol rovers ring a bell

Always seemed to be Liverpool, city, united main match but possibly I've remembered it wrong.