Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

13 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Well, the people who voted Remain voted for things to stay as they were, so they knew what they were voting for. It's done now anyway. 

Due to my comment re the EU pressing for their own army and federal state, do you think the remain voters would have been happy with that ?

Clearly, things would not stay as they were......we dodged a bullet there.

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remainers have no clue how the future EU is going to look, therefore the argument that leavers had no vision of what leave looks like isn’t valid. 

No that proves my point !! The point is about what people knew at the time. Glad you agree. 

30 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

EU Army 

I'm still not sure what is/was ever wrong with this thought to be honest. Each country is/was still allowed to keep their own individual armed forces as well, that was never in doubt

Anyway, it's done now, and we're out, so it's not really worth spending any time on

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm still not sure what is/was ever wrong with this thought to be honest. Each country is/was still allowed to keep their own individual armed forces as well, that was never in doubt

Anyway, it's done now, and we're out, so it's not really worth spending any time on

Would you have liked the idea of a Federal State as well ?

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Would you have liked the idea of a Federal State as well ?

I've not really thought about it to be honest, possibly not, but I'd obviously need to see the full detail of exactly what was being suggested. If it was OK, and to my liking, then yes I'd be all for it, if I didn't like it, then I'd probably say no. Presumably there has been no detail of how this incoming Federal State is going to affect those still in the EU is there, if so, I'd like to see if, then I can make my mind up on if it's a good idea or not.

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've not really thought about it to be honest, possibly not, but I'd obviously need to see the full detail of exactly what was being suggested. If it was OK, and to my liking, then yes I'd be all for it, if I didn't like it, then I'd probably say no. Presumably there has been no detail of how this incoming Federal State is going to affect those still in the EU is there, if so, I'd like to see if, then I can make my mind up on if it's a good idea or not.

Are you saying as a voter in the Brexit referendum 3 years ago there were factors you were not aware of at the time you voted ? 

Edited by Ani

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Due to my comment re the EU pressing for their own army and federal state, do you think the remain voters would have been happy with that ?

Clearly, things would not stay as they were......we dodged a bullet there.

The UK had full Veto rights to being part of any EU Army. It's irrelevant now. we have left the EU.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

What’s the crack if someone from the UK wants to go and work in France and Germany from Jan 1st?

Depends entirely on whether Boris decides to put his deal in the oven, or sling it in the bin.

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

What’s the crack if someone from the UK wants to go and work in France and Germany from Jan 1st?

Still all up in the air, I see no reason why they won't be able to, but they may need a visa or a work permit or something.

I'm now dual passport, so I could with no problems 😀

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Still all up in the air, I see no reason why they won't be able to, but they may need a visa or a work permit or something.

I'm now dual passport, so I could with no problems 😀

Assume a visa needed for each country you’ll be working in, same as it is for all other nations?

• Site Supporter

I can’t see any deal making tourism more difficult. That would be insane.

Just got a mate who will be working in France and Germany next year and he hasn’t got a clue if he can yet.

Bizarrely, Covid might give them time to iron all this shit out in Jan and Feb. It could be the break they are likely to need.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I can’t see any deal making tourism more difficult. That would be insane.

Just got a mate who will be working in France and Germany next year and he hasn’t got a clue if he can yet.

Bizarrely, Covid might give them time to iron all this shit out in Jan and Feb. It could be the break they are likely to need.

Tourism is going to be more difficult, you normal would waltz through with your EU passport, I guess now you will be moved over to the line for other nationals, you know the one that just as one guy on it, that's the line when  go though you think "fucking glad i'm not in that line", thats where you will be. 

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They might also remember that they need us more than we need them

Well indeed! 

I think it's safe to say that the EU will end up looking a lot different with us out of it than it would with us playing a leading role.

Anyway - we've more important things to think about. Like not breaking up our own little union (which is great of course).

1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

Tourism is going to be more difficult, you normal would waltz through with your EU passport, I guess now you will be moved over to the line for other nationals, you know the one that just as one guy on it, that's the line when  go though you think "fucking glad i'm not in that line", thats where you will be. 

I always found that line moves quicker in the Uk as border force wave our Asian brethren through onto our shores 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I wonder what their conditions were like in France ? Wonder if Lineker will put some more up in his Ivory Towers ?

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I wonder what their conditions were like in France ? Wonder if Lineker will put some more up in his Ivory Towers ?

But we have left EU. We had a vote on that. 
We closed our borders yesterday. They had a vote on that. 
So surely this is all now sorted. 

On a serious note might be good audience to test vaccines on.