Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Given the FT has made a number of statements this year, which have had serious doubts about their validity, and at times vehemently condemned as being factually incorrect, I doubt anyone in government will be sweating.

Barnett can't hide her personal disregard for the current government, neither it seems, can the former editor, whose name is Barber.

Did he offer any context or full story?

Yes Barber, I corrected it afterwards.

I think the context was that journalists wanted a meeting to get a real idea of the leave campaign and their plans.  Cummings asked for all discussions to be off the record as pre-condition, I think for a 5 year time period or similar.  

18 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Already been ructions at Penally between rival factions, doesn't bode well.

In other news......good girl, well said 👏 👍 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8938235/Mayor-quit-Labour-defects-Tories-claiming-Sadiq-Khan-isnt-tough-crime.html

Yeah, 1 for trying to burn the camp down about 6 weeks ago. 2 arrested about a month ago... 5 the other day. 

Police talking to schools after youngsters had been approached at the local skate park. Girls swapping number with them apparently.

I've never seen so much police around here. It's like being back in Blackpool.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yes Barber, I corrected it afterwards.

I think the context was that journalists wanted a meeting to get a real idea of the leave campaign and their plans.  Cummings asked for all discussions to be off the record as pre-condition, I think for a 5 year time period or similar.  

Have they approached Cummings for confirmation?

Any more context- as in the fact that vast majority of us expect a dip initially, but think its worthwhile in the longrun- is that what he was referring to perhaps?

All very Trumpesque.

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Have they approached Cummings for confirmation?

Any more context- as in the fact that vast majority of us expect a dip initially, but think its worthwhile in the longrun- is that what he was referring to perhaps?

All very Trumpesque.

This has got nothing to do with what happens when we leave, that is irrelevant now.  It has got everything to do with trust and knowing deception by the PM's chief advisor.  You also have to assume Johnson was complicit in this. 

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

This has got nothing to do with what happens when we leave, that is irrelevant now.  It has got everything to do with trust and knowing deception by the PM's chief advisor.  You also have to assume Johnson was complicit in this. 

You’ve posted some shite but congratulations on this one 

one there is no proof Cummings said it and secondly what the fuck does this have to do with Boris Johnson?

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You’ve posted some shite but congratulations on this one 

one there is no proof Cummings said it and secondly what the fuck does this have to do with Boris Johnson?

I think it would stand up in court with a few witnesses. Bozo wasn’t PM but was involved in the leave campaign.

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I think it would stand up in court with a few witnesses. Bozo wasn’t PM but was involved in the leave campaign.

So I’ve had a chat with a customer today. Is my boss complicit in whatever was said given he works for the same company? Yes or no? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

How do you figure that out? What’s the math behind that?

Check the EU site

The overall deal is £75billion

Our share is £17.9billion

Its all there if you look.

The journalists that 1984 follows on twitter aren’t even good at googling