Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You would hope the AZ facilities anywhere they're making this vaccine would be under full military guard, and if possible with a fully secure perimeter or exclusion zone around the outside as well. 

It will be Boris or Hancock’s fault if it isn’t of course 😃

43 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

He's weak as piss and has to be loved so he offers vague as shite promises to people and daft fuckers latch onto it.

He's an absolute cunt.

Same as he promised to review the previous restrictions and did you mean? Those shite promises. 

At least pick him Up on stuff he’s fucked up on. Making stuff about things he’s done exactly what he said is worrying. You will end up on the in or out thread with your pal with that behaviour Michael. 

Interesting to see Sanofi, Merck and Pasteur Institute have basically given up on their version of the vaccine. Shows how incredibly lucky we were to have 3 viable options so quickly.

Also good news that Sanofi (I think) are going to help with production of the Pfizer vaccine

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That wasn’t what you were making the comment about. It was about the review about lifting of restrictions wasn’t it? Which he had committed to hadn’t he so is right to carry through with that? 

no. He could have locked us down fully since last March. Could of done a lot of things differently. So could all the leaders in the world. It’s what happens everyday in all our Lives and we live with those choices. Hindsight is a wonderful tool as I’ve said many times. 

So long as decisions were made in the best of faith, balancing up views of relevant people at the time, then we can't expect anything else.

We may feel it was better to do x,y or z and history, and new data may show this to he the case. On other parts we'll never know.

We've all got our views and opinions, but that doesn't make them more correct.

One thing is for sure, when the eventual report is completed, one lot will use it to bash the government for not being stricter. Another lot will use it to justify the concept of doing less and remaining more open.

If it reveals genuine negligence then fine, shoe them.

I'm intrigued to see if Afzal will launch a group action against all UK governments, and maybe even go further afield. Shame, because I think the bloke talks sense on many issues.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Same as he promised to review the previous restrictions and did you mean? Those shite promises. 

At least pick him Up on stuff he’s fucked up on. Making stuff about things he’s done exactly what he said is worrying. You will end up on the in or out thread with your pal with that behaviour Michael. 

Look at his wording

'Looking at relaxing some measures before February'.

Do you think there will be any relaxation of measures before mid February? Will there fuck as like.

So why say it? Deliberately vague as fuck because the needy twat needs to be loved. 

He's so full of shit.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

Interesting to see Sanofi, Merck and Pasteur Institute have basically given up on their version of the vaccine. Shows how incredibly lucky we were to have 3 viable options so quickly.

Also good news that Sanofi (I think) are going to help with production of the Pfizer vaccine

Potentially good news.

AZ said the other day, that they won't openly share production methods with the world at large, as they don't want inferior products floating about with the obvious knock on effects, but they would licence it to approved partners. Dead right.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Look at his wording

'Looking at relaxing some measures before February'.

Do you think there will be any relaxation of measures before mid February? Will there fuck as like.

So why say it? Deliberately vague as fuck because the needy twat needs to be loved. 

He's so full of shit.

Ive looked at his wording. It’s fine.

get yourself over to in or out with your mate  genuinely. You’re heading that way pal. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Ive looked at his wording. It’s fine.

get yourself over to in or out with your mate  genuinely. You’re heading that way pal. 

Just announced earliest schools are reopening is 8th March.

So that one won't be relaxed for mid February then will it?

Must be pubs then eh? 

The lying cunt.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

radio yesterday said johnson and johnson might not be far away

• Moderators
3 hours ago, burnden said:
Covid-19 vaccine supplies in the North West will be cut by a third in February, to allow other areas to catch up, according to the NHS.

thats fair enough

lets be honest, nobody is getting out of this until the southern jessies are in a decent place

• Moderators
Just now, jmjhb said:

Lockdown has been extended until 8th March, in the most unsurprising news of the day.

Is that the one-dose vaccine?

dunno pal

think it said, theyd be publishing their results end of week

then its over to mhra

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So long as decisions were made in the best of faith, balancing up views of relevant people at the time, then we can't expect anything else.

We may feel it was better to do x,y or z and history, and new data may show this to he the case. On other parts we'll never know.

One thing is for sure, when the eventual report is completed, one lot will use it to bash the government for not being stricter. Another lot will use it to justify the concept of doing less and remaining more open.

I'm intrigued to see if Afzal will launch a group action against all UK governments, and maybe even go further afield. Shame, because I think the bloke talks sense on many issues.

Cheltenham.

Liverpool v Madrid.

Help out to eat out.

PPE contracts

Tiers.

Xmas relaxation.

10 months to sort testing before entry of country.

Some might say some of these decisions weren't made in the best of faith.

Edited by gonzo

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think the thing that will hang over the Govt will be the speed of decisions. In particular the first lock down. 
Ultimately once the details of scientific advice and its timing is made public will be the only time we will know for sure. 
Having said that announcing a lockdown starting in 3-4 days and giving people one last Friday night was a mistake. 
What will be unfair will be criticising decisions made 'then' based on what we know 'now'. Eat out to Help out falls in that category.

Key calls like getting Dido to sort out track and trace and then using the Army for vaccines will need explaining. With the death rate so high people deserve a proper balanced and fair review. Unfortunately a witch hunt or a cover up depending on people's political colour will probably be how it is perceived  

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Cheltenham.

Liverpool v Madrid.

Help out to eat out.

Tiers.

Xmas relaxation.

blackpool window cleaners telling us to open pubs

only joking mate - ive just read your message to me - sorry mate i'll reply soon.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

First lockdown for sure. I remember at the time there was concern over going too soon might lead to lockdown fatigue which might in turn bring a second wave on earlier.

We'll never know for sure, but no doubt up front deaths would have been lower.

I can't believe that we're only just considering quarantining folk coming into the country.

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Cheltenham.

Liverpool v Madrid.

Help out to eat out.

PPE contracts

Tiers.

Xmas relaxation.

Some might say some of these decisions weren't made in the best of faith.

Chuck in sending patients back to care homes without testing them first.