Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Anyone else love the way NIC has absolutely no comeback for Birchs eloquent, non aggressive, reasoned debate points.

But instead just waffles on and attempts to ruffle feathers elsewhere.

He cant handle it :D :D

For some reason always thought he might be a better than that. 

Its actually embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

One thing's for sure in my mind. One of the most marginalised groups in the UK are white working class men. 

The data supports this 

As a total group White people perform pretty poorly in the U.K., marginally better than Black Caribbean but in the whole both groups are miles off both Indian and Chinese 

If you look at working class white lads only then the data gets even worse 

I’m not comfortable banding about the words ‘white privilege’ like they do on the BLM web site. Your average young Black Kid predominantly lives in the big cities that have had much more investment and have many more economic opportunities. Yet so many young working class white kids from post industrial towns up and down the country face challenges as well. Indian and Chinese groups face challenges also yet they have a culture of pushing their kids hard through education and pays off big time through all data up to and including average life expectancy 

The BLM movement just seem to me to be trying to divide white vs Black rather than look at what’s really behind poorer economic performance for our black community 

Just now, Cheese said:

I know. I just can't fathom the mentality. 

Its an enjoyable way to.pass a b

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

My view has changed on it over the past couple of days. I was really expecting the arm in arm gesture at QPR to get a booing too. Which makes me think the majority of the Millwall fans were originally booing because of some other notion. 

Anyway - at least we're talking about it.

Nah that was never going to. Especially after the last week. This notion is that some people would.like life to carry on as is, that there isn't a problem.and put a few bob on anti-racism campaign. But when it dares to question, refuses to back down or even suggest that society needs to change then we start having problems it would seem.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You’ve an issue with white people expressing theirs?

Not in the slightest. I just find it absolutely outrageous that a bunch of white people are discussing how black footballers should or shoudn't behave because it offends them if they perform a certain gesture. It honestly leaves me speechless.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Anyone else love the way NIC has absolutely no comeback for Birchs eloquent, non aggressive, reasoned debate points.

I have, and I've made my point on these, and I thought you were better than this position. 

You live and learn though.

And yes, you are right it is, but for all the wrong reasons Gonzo. Have a think on.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Not in the slightest. I just find it absolutely outrageous that a bunch of white people are discussing how black footballers should or shoudn't behave because it offends them if they perform a certain gesture. It honestly leaves me speechless.

You speechless?

Fuck off :D

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's not though. You seem obsessed with BLM. Even if what you're saying is true, what do you think is so wrong about black people expressing their opinions?

Seem obsessed with BLM?? What’s the thread called? 

Are you saying that players taking the knee have no links to BLM? 

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I did give him a gentle reminder, he must have been distracted 

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Bit racist ain’t it? Unless all footballers are black? (They ain’t) 

Edited by royal white

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

its the tag team with Cheese , are they one and the same person

funny as fuck mind

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Speechless ? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

The sad thing is, this is not what this site was ever about. I just thought we'd be better than this.

Anyway, I think its best leave you to your little group think.

Coming to that conclusion myself.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I have, and I've made my point on these, and I thought you were better than this position. 

You live and learn though.

And yes, you are right it is, but for all the wrong reasons Gonzo. Have a think on.

You could say Im a little more informed than you are on this partucular matter. Thats regarding the millwall fans in particular.

Birch is definitely more informed than you are on the wider issues regarding race.

For once, could you not listen and take on board what someone is actually saying to you?

Can you not listen, take note and actually think, hang on a min, he might actually know what hes on about?

Maybe I can alter my view a little or at least understand somebody elses?

Your as bad as the people you think you hate.

Polarised with one view and one way of thinking.

Its a really poor way to be. 

You just end up arguing and coming across as a condescending cock, shutting people down and offering shitty responses for rest of your life.

Open your mind. You dont have to be right all the time.

17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hes not going to concede the point that there isn't an issue with racism in the UK. Everything else is distraction, including the Disraeli stats.

Concede? 

You asked me to go onto the ONS to have a look at the data, I say asked, it was more of a shitty mock like I wouldn’t know what it is. Yet I went on and shared data with you, it clearly showed that...

1) Black African, Chinese & Indian groups do better at school than white 

2) Whites are the least likely to go to university 

3) Chinese and Indian groups earn a higher wage than white people in the UK

4) Chinese and Indian British live longer than white British 

I honestly can’t see anywhere in the data where white people are at the top of any meaningful league table in the data, certainly one that would indicate a system that’s rigged in favour of people with white skin colour. I would genuinely welcome you sharing the ONS data that you are looking at that gives you a different opinion 

Edited by birch-chorley

9 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The data supports this 

As a total group White people perform pretty poorly in the U.K., marginally better than Black Caribbean but in the whole both groups are miles off both Indian and Chinese 

If you look at working class white lads only then the data gets even worse 

I’m not comfortable banding about the words ‘white privilege’ like they do on the BLM web site. Your average young Black Kid predominantly lives in the big cities that have had much more investment and have many more economic opportunities. Yet so many young working class white kids from post industrial towns up and down the country face challenges as well. Indian and Chinese groups face challenges also yet they have a culture of pushing their kids hard through education and pays off big time through all data up to and including average life expectancy 

The BLM movement just seem to me to be trying to divide white vs Black rather than look at what’s really behind poorer economic performance for our black community 

I agree with every single word of this.

Poverty is the greatest driver of inequality in the UK. 

Just now, gonzo said:

You could say Im a little more informed than you are on this partucular matter. Thats regarding the millwall fans in particular.

Birch is definitely more informed than you are on the wider issues regarding race.

For once, could you not listen and take on board what someone is actually saying to you?

Can you not listen, take note and actually think, hang on a min, he might actually know what hes on about?

Maybe I can alter my view a little or at least understand somebody elses?

Your as bad as the people you think you hate.

Polarised with one view and one way of thinking.

Its a really poor way to be. 

You just end up arguing and coming across as a condescending cock, shutting people down and offering shitty responses for rest of your life.

Open your mind. You dont have to be right all the time.

This isn't about Millwall fans, it's about a wider issue. If you think this is polarised, deary me. Disagreement is fine, as is discourse, if I disagree I will say. Sick.of the over simplification of this position, you're as bad as the people you hate nonsense, my 14 year old has more sophisticated positions than that.

Basically, some.people on here are excusing a fucking awful position, jumping through hoops to justify it. I get it, and it does go back to what Kent said, but it doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out for what it is.

If that makes me a condescending cock in your eyes, then so be it. Im very happy to wear that badge given your stand on this.particular issue.

8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Concede? 

You asked me to go onto the ONS to have a look at the data, I say asked, it was more of a shitty mock like I wouldn’t know what it is. Yet I went on and shared data with you, it clearly showed that...

1) Black African, Chinese & Indian groups do better at school than white 

2) Whites are the least likely to go to university 

3) Chinese and Indian groups earn a higher wage than white people in the UK

4) Chinese and Indian British live longer than white British 

I honestly can’t see anywhere in the data where white people are at the top of any meaningful league table in the data, certainly one that would indicate a system that’s rigged in favour of people with white skin colour. I would genuinely welcome you sharing the ONS data that you are looking at that gives you a different opinion 

Again - look at the percentages on the ONS, its not difficult.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Coming to that conclusion myself.

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The sad thing is, this is not what this site was ever about. I just thought we'd be better than this.

Anyway, I think its best leave you to your little group think.

Woooooah... hang on you pair of soft pansies.........don't be going because the nasty orange man has called you out

Toughen up and get back in the ring...........I've bought some popcorn you mard twats 😃 xx

PS - Actual life experience is better than reading books 😉 

• Site Supporter

At the end of the day, if footballers want to express their anti-racist views for 4 seconds before kick-off, you must have some sort of issue if you immediately think they're promoting vandalism and graffiti (or Marxism ffs!) rather than the cause they're obviously advocating. Surely it's Common Sense that they're not kneeling to promote anarchy and violence? Not saying it makes you a full-blown racist if you disgree with it, but you're just not on my wavelength.