Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

1 hour ago, Ghana White said:

I reckon we should get August and September in the grounds to some extent, after that God knows, just hope it works out. Can see no away fans next year and loads of home ends full of bolton fans jumping up when when we score 

How come??

Boris has said all Covid restrictions due to be lifted mid June

5 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

How come??

Boris has said all Covid restrictions due to be lifted mid June

I'm just being pessimistic to be honest but once vaccine gets rid of Kent variant it's if anything replaces it, hopefully it doesn't and we can crack on, or the boosters keep us ahead of it..

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fa cup semi finals to have 4k in attendance

but this will be made up of local residents and care support workers to trial it 

Are they going to be closely monitored do you know?

Curious to see how vaccinated folk "perform" against non-vaccinated folk.

57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are they going to be closely monitored do you know?

Curious to see how vaccinated folk "perform" against non-vaccinated folk.

Not sure on that it was only a small article

but at least it’s going in the right direction getting fans back 

On 29/03/2021 at 17:06, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fa cup semi finals to have 4k in attendance

but this will be made up of local residents and care support workers to trial it 

Not sure what sort of trial you can have with 4k rattling round a 95k seater stadium

6 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Not sure what sort of trial you can have with 4k rattling round a 95k seater stadium

It's a bit of a joke really isn't it? Percentage wise, there are more folk per square foot shopping  in supermarkets - and that's indoors ffs.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members

Carabaou cup to have fans attending and FA cup semis and final  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56630189

Those games may also trial a Covid passport scheme, where passes would show if a person had been vaccinated, had a recent negative test, or natural immunity.

Covid passprt scheme https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56625307

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

How is that a test/trial event, sitting apart every 5 rows with a mask on, no singing, no food or drink being served, what will they learn from it ? It doesn't anywhere near replicate anything like reality.

Its the biggest pile of shit ever I've heard, clueless politicians making clueless decisions.

Really no food etc? I thought Brighton & Chelsea did a friendly with food on and it worked ok

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nah, they will make an excuse up for it not to happen. 

.....and

Its 2 months off, logistically you need to plan ahead for large events, catering, ticket staff, security all need to be in place etc... it won't happen.

It will go ahead just what capacities 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

How is that a test/trial event, sitting apart every 5 rows with a mask on, no singing, no food or drink being served, what will they learn from it ? It doesn't anywhere near replicate anything like reality.

Its the biggest pile of shit ever I've heard, clueless politicians making clueless decisions.

Think they’re doing a bit more of a study in terms of putting some people sat together, others apart etc and measuring their anti bodies afterwards. Or none of that and they’re just making up as they go along. 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Really no food etc? I thought Brighton & Chelsea did a friendly with food on and it worked ok

Brighton a partly outdoor concourse so got away with it. Indoor ones like ours can be opened, but is then used a determining factor that limits how many people are allowed in. Better to lose the catering revenue in return for being allowed more ticket sales. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm glad you said it, anybody else would be deemed a conspiracy theorist.

Wouldn’t be surprised if you had to take a bloody test before going next season

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Queuing up at burger vans, a.k.a Mandys munch box, again defeating the whole object and the smaller clubs will lose revenue.  

I get to some degree you have to do test events, but they didn't do any test events in schools, it was a case of 'everybody back' 🙄

Schools have always been deemed more important than football, or eating out etc.

That's never going to change.

Just now, Mr Grey said:

If that's the case, I will sack it off and save myself £350, whats the point in a vaccination 🤷‍♂️

Yep they can’t do that as it would just kill clubs