Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Record Pub Crawl

freds dad

2 hours ago, royal white said:

You’d think that would be a piece of piss to do.

Under Guinness World Records rules, Mr Ellis, who runs a wine merchant's in St Neots, had to consume 125ml of any drink at each stop, visit a minimum of 50 pubs

Not even dictating pint , no tops, a walking challenge. 

39 minutes ago, freds dad said:

It may well be but it’s finding 51 pubs that are open in the time frame, getting between them but he was only drinking coke or juice

You’d have thunk that there London with the pubs around Fleet Street and trader’s markets would be easier run.

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Under Guinness World Records rules, Mr Ellis, who runs a wine merchant's in St Neots, had to consume 125ml of any drink at each stop, visit a minimum of 50 pubs

Not even dictating pint , no tops, a walking challenge. 

11 pints?

Could be Bud Light/Coors/Carling etc and you'd still be able to drive home.

Back in the day Halliwell Rd used to be the challenge.  Not sure what the official challenge was but I failed miserably on my 18th.  Started right at the very bottom and having a whiskey chaser in each one I don't think I even made it half way.

I suspect it's a piece of piss nowadays as there's probably only a handful of pubs.

23 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Back in the day Halliwell Rd used to be the challenge.  Not sure what the official challenge was but I failed miserably on my 18th.  Started right at the very bottom and having a whiskey chaser in each one I don't think I even made it half way.

I suspect it's a piece of piss nowadays as there's probably only a handful of pubs.

Wonder if the Muslims do a shisha bar crawl?

27 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Was 13 pubs when I first was oop there in 93,

Four now?

49 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It was a right of passage for my family for years as we could then stagger home after the ainsworth. A whisky chaser is just a bit much!

On my 18th, did it and then got a taxi in town to Hawthorns, mate jumped on stage with a band, left after 20 mins and then he was sick in the taxi at the bottom of Halliwell. Did it a few times afterwards but I guess now there isn't that many pubs, especially down the bottom end.

4 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Not dramatic. Macclesfield; still a high density of pubs?

We still have quite a few bars in Macclesfield but  the problem may be opening hours as apart from Spoons none of them open until around 11.

It all depends on the definition of pub / bar as if you count places that sell alcohol in Macc including restaurants etc it won't be far off 50. I'll have a count up later and put my name down for a World Record attempt.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Once did a few along there. Like you say, not so many any more.