Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accy tickets

Ani

• Site Supporter

This appeared today on Stanleyways:

From the Managing director 

(1 of 3) ASFC has been fined £5k for discriminatory chants at the game v BWFC on 22nd October - we also have to implement an action plan at some considerable ongoing cost - we play BWFC again in 3 weeks on TV and we WILL be observed and monitored..

(2 of 3) We can't afford for any discriminatory behavior (and therefore fines) to be repeated EVER - if it does there will be zero tolerance from the club and the offenders will be removed from the stadium & banned, and the management of home matchday's will become more stringent

(3 of 3) The club will not fund unnecessary match day cost increases - they will be passed on, including the cost of more policed games, tickets, etc. - please take note and EVERYONE please behave like the 99% of ASFC fans already do....loud, proud and enjoy the matches #asfc

Is this the second time a fine has happened for the same sort of chants?

Now, if those amongst us who’ll be in their end could start some ‘discriminatory chants’  🤣

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

This appeared today on Stanleyways:

From the Managing director 

(1 of 3) ASFC has been fined £5k for discriminatory chants at the game v BWFC on 22nd October - we also have to implement an action plan at some considerable ongoing cost - we play BWFC again in 3 weeks on TV and we WILL be observed and monitored..

(2 of 3) We can't afford for any discriminatory behavior (and therefore fines) to be repeated EVER - if it does there will be zero tolerance from the club and the offenders will be removed from the stadium & banned, and the management of home matchday's will become more stringent

(3 of 3) The club will not fund unnecessary match day cost increases - they will be passed on, including the cost of more policed games, tickets, etc. - please take note and EVERYONE please behave like the 99% of ASFC fans already do....loud, proud and enjoy the matches #asfc

Is this the second time a fine has happened for the same sort of chants?

Now, if those amongst us who’ll be in their end could start some ‘discriminatory chants’  🤣

What did they sing that was perceived to be discriminatory?

Genuine question.

I know that we sung ‘Come on you Whites.’

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Genuine question.

Ah, just read that it was aimed at Dion Charles, but no specifics mentioned.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Genuine question.

The two responses thus far:

1 - So what is/was chanted differently at the Bolton (and Morecambe???) game(s)

I hear 90% of the same songs when I go and some tailored - Jim Harvey - at a minority???? (on that note, the Jim Harvey song is in bad taste - I.M.H.O.)

2 - Who knows but we've had another fine and have to come with some agreement, and looks like costing will go up if it continued Which I agree with. This never used to happen. Only lately started.

They’re as clueless as we are.

16 hours ago, Steejay said:

Ah, just read that it was aimed at Dion Charles, but no specifics mentioned.

14 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

According to Lancs Telegraph, it related to sexual orientation

Looks like it was Bolton who made the complaint...

image.png.6e305274700b9064bf892f0aaf5b7e66.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure it does. Can be interpreted that way, but it could simply mean he doesn't feel there is any mileage in taking it further. Which, in either circumstance, is probably the best course of action.

how else would you interpret the bit in bold?

"I have discussed this with the player in question and he confirmed he did hear the chants, was not happy with them but he does not wish to provide a statement or proceed with any claim himself"

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

how else would you interpret the bit in bold?

"I have discussed this with the player in question and he confirmed he did hear the chants, was not happy with them but he does not wish to provide a statement or proceed with any claim himself"

Well, frankly if you think that can only suggest he's gay, then I won't bother disagreeing.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, frankly if you think that can only suggest he's gay, then I won't bother disagreeing.

ah, sorry, I thought he meant any truth in the fact it was being chanted

not whether he actually takes it up the arse

for the record though, men can enjoy having things inserted anally and not be gay

• Site Supporter

It seems someone at our club became fashionably upset about the song which DC heard but thought was ‘banter’ from Accy fans towards an ex-player.

It isn’t too long ago our own supporters chanted towards Brighton fans about us being able to see them holding hands. We couldn’t, of course, but that wasn’t the point.

I’m not sure Ryan Giggs really is illegitimate.

Or that every single opposition goalkeeper is shit every time he takes a goal kick.

It’s all terrace banter designed to put a player off his game.

Move on.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zico said:

ah, sorry, I thought he meant any truth in the fact it was being chanted

not whether he actually takes it up the arse

for the record though, men can enjoy having things inserted anally and not be gay

Fair play.

He can play with things inserted for all I care. Just keep scoring.

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

It seems someone at our club became fashionably upset about the song which DC heard but thought was ‘banter’ from Accy fans towards an ex-player.

It isn’t too long ago our own supporters chanted towards Brighton fans about us being able to see them holding hands. We couldn’t, of course, but that wasn’t the point.

Or that every single opposition goalkeeper is shit every time he takes a goal kick.

Move on.

Agree.

Though some won't.. 

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It seems Neil Hart became fashionably upset about the song which DC heard but thought was ‘banter’ from Accy fans towards an ex-player.

Move on.

The Lincoln keeper got some right stick at Christmas, but no complaints made.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

The Lincoln keeper got some right stick at Christmas, but no complaints made.

I wondered about this.

I even searched online but couldn't find anything to give the impression of him being a nonce

• Site Supporter

As I said; terrace banter. Problem is, Neil Hart or whoever else complained will now open the floodgates for players to complain when it happens to them, especially from Bolton fans.

This isn’t me condoning the songs but being a realist. These songs have appeared sporadically for every one of the 50 years I’ve watched Bolton for.