Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Home

Ani

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Makes no difference in this team whether we finish 6th or 7th. We will prolong the season by 2 weeks at best

Probably, but they are a bit of a lottery.

Ipswich were better today, but it could count for sod all come the reckoning. 

Johnston back, the right midfield, round pegs in round holes and maybe a bit of form and who knows.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Probably, but they are a bit of a lottery.

Ipswich were better today, but it could count for sod all come the reckoning. 

Johnston back, the right midfield, round pegs in round holes and maybe a bit of form and who knows.

We shit out against top 6. Evatt comes unstuck time and time again.

Dover Athletic would of been better than us today. 

Johnstone is a loss but he won’t make a difference.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

We shit out against top 6. Evatt comes unstuck time and time again.

Dover Athletic would of been better than us today. 

Johnstone is a loss but he won’t make a difference.

We have so far, and I agree re Evatt today- not sure what he's seeing that we're not. 

That said, it's not always the "best" team that wins the play offs, it would be a bit of a free hit for us given our lack of results against the top teams.

No meltdown from me but when things aren’t working at 0-0 then it’s no good waiting until we’ve been one down for 20 minutes before thinking of making changes. Far too many collective off days and nobody really capable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. In a similar way to Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the season, Ipswich had done their homework on us and we had no idea how to respond to that. Those goal kicks were an absolute farce.

It was like being transplanted back to the start of the season with such fragile confidence across the team. As soon as the penalty was missed, it was like every single head hit the floor and all semblance of organisation went with it.

Big ask on Friday but we travel in hope.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We have so far, and I agree re Evatt today- not sure what he's seeing that we're not. 

That said, it's not always the "best" team that wins the play offs, it would be a bit of a free hit for us given our lack of results against the top teams.

Hope you are right pal. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Hope you are right pal. 

Got to hope mate.

Coming out in a bastard snow storm had me longing for the warm weather and some cricket.

Cricket isn't your thing, but the season has to be worth something and can't peter out before the warmth of the summer. Please! :)

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got to hope mate.

Coming out in a bastard snow storm had me longing for the warm weather and some cricket.

Cricket isn't your thing, but the season has to be worth something and can't peter out before the warmth of the summer. Please! :)

Cricket! You’ll give me depresion

One other factor today was that from the first minute we the fans were as flat as a pancake.  It shouldn't make a difference but it probably didn't help with the slow start.  For some reason we weren't up for it, not as if we've had too many games recently.  Playing Ipswich doesn't feel like a big game compared to playing Derby or Sheff Wed, and I think the Wembley factor is playing a part, its all anyone talks about (understandably).

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that 3 weeks ago you were saying we are going up automatically?

Not like you to be argumentative.

I thought all season we would. I’m disappointed in what has prevailed and fail to move past Wembley being a distraction 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

One other factor today was that from the first minute we the fans were as flat as a pancake.  It shouldn't make a difference but it probably didn't help with the slow start.  For some reason we weren't up for it, not as if we've had too many games recently.  Playing Ipswich doesn't feel like a big game compared to playing Derby or Sheff Wed, and I think the Wembley factor is playing a part, its all anyone talks about (understandably).

I think folk were a bit pensive given the recent performances. With much justification. 

The players were way off and gave little to be enthused by.