Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H) Easter Monday

matty2094

So having taken a look there's probably what, around half of the away end that's not sold yet in the whole stadium? Not sure how many Cambridge have sold but my guess is less than 1,000

So wouldn't that indicate about at least 26,000+ sold? Surely will surpass the Derby gate 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

So having taken a look there's probably what, around half of the away end that's not sold yet in the whole stadium? Not sure how many Cambridge have sold but my guess is less than 1,000

So wouldn't that indicate about at least 26,000+ sold? Surely will surpass the Derby gate 

Tremendous.

Need to generate some noise from the off and get behind the lads. Some tired legs may need a boost.

30 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Correct. October 1971. 42,039. 

Correct. If my memory serves me right, when we played Blackburn and there was 33,000 on, i think it was our only home league defeat of the season, 0-1. We need to make sure we turn up on Monday in front of another fantastic crowd, which im sure we will.

10 minutes ago, woolli said:

Correct. If my memory serves me right, when we played Blackburn and there was 33,000 on, i think it was our only home league defeat of the season, 0-1. We need to make sure we turn up on Monday in front of another fantastic crowd, which im sure we will.

Think John Byrom was injured and missed the match, dropped a brick on his foot. Charlie Wright made a mistake for their goal. If my memory hasn’t gone completely!😊

5 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

When you consider whats happened to us as a football club just since we beat Preston North End in the 2000/01  season and look at whats happened to preston ... 

2000/01 Lost play off final to Bolton 

2004/05 Lost another Play off final 

2010/11  Relegated to League 1

2014/15 Won League 1 Play off Final 

It makes you appreciate how fortunate we are to have some excitement in our football lives ...

Yes its been bad for us at times , but would not have it any other way  

Thought about this occasionally over the last 22 years, remember taking the kids to the park the day after we had won against Preston at Cardiff. Had a brief exchange of views with a Preston fan who was there with his kids, he wasn’t very complementary about us and said we were lucky to have won. A few times since I’ve wondered how the two teams would have fared had the result been different.

15 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Thought about this occasionally over the last 22 years, remember taking the kids to the park the day after we had won against Preston at Cardiff. Had a brief exchange of views with a Preston fan who was there with his kids, he wasn’t very complementary about us and said we were lucky to have won. A few times since I’ve wondered how the two teams would have fared had the result been different.

Remember a couple of days before the as talking to Preston fan, he was cock sure they’d win, I kept pretty quiet but all the things me was thinking we were a class above them and I expected comfortable win.. just as it transpired. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remember a couple of days before the as talking to Preston fan, he was cock sure they’d win, I kept pretty quiet but all the things me was thinking we were a class above them and I expected comfortable win.. just as it transpired. 

Yeah, never felt we would lose it all through the game. Remember Matt Clarke making one good save and they had a bit of pressure but having rickets on the bench and like you say we played with a bit of class, as the last two goals showed.

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We did all we needed to do from memory. We finished miles ahead of em in the league too. PNE are a strange breed. 

Of all the local rivals they probably register the least on par with fleetwood or altrincham 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

How sad.

Disappointment is one thing, but having been comprehensively thrashed there wasn't really any room for debate.

37 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

I was working in Preston at the time. Good banter during the build up. Luckily we drove over to France after the match for a weeks holiday so missed any animosity that could have come my way. We were sat near the segregation in the upper tier. My wife, who never goes to a match, leaned over me after we scored pointing and shouting “you’re not singing anymore” I never took her again.😊

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Think John Byrom was injured and missed the match, dropped a brick on his foot. Charlie Wright made a mistake for their goal. If my memory hasn’t gone completely!😊

Always need a scapegoat 

42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I watched the game back the other week , we were the better team but they had a good chance at 0-0. A header. Then Matt Clarke made a good save.

Our 2 late goals flattered us IMO. 

The joy on Nats face the end was brilliant. Sharon was similar last week. 

19 minutes ago, Manchester_whites said:

Only single seats available around the ground. The other half of the South Stand Lower needs opening 

Be doing well to get extra stewards and concourse staff at this stage, but it would be great if the momentum continued. Hopefully a repeat of last weekend with the team more than matching the fans!

2 hours ago, woolli said:

They scored at the Lever End as well , think it was Fazakerley their centre-back from a corner.

We had the last laugh though going up as champions.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

Just bought one. The massive shit fan i am.

Don't think I've ever been in west upper. Do i need flask and blanket?

Out of interest and im not judging as you clearly care about bwfc, but why are you buying today?