Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name the Bolton player (one for th'owd 'uns)

SatanGreavsie

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Getting old is better than the alternative though 🙂

I'm not convinced. All the old people I know spend all their time moaning or describing their ailments. My gaffer is only 59 and his daily advice is "Don't get old".

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Looked Dusan Nikolic up.  Died in 2018 aged 65.  

Only played 22 games for us in 2 seasons (80/81 & 81/82) and played less than 200 games in his whole career.

He scored a cracker at home to Cardiff but other than that, I don't remember much about him. I found out years later he lived in Tottington while he played for us.  His wife upset the locals by squeezing all the bread before making her choice. #bwfctrivia

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Looked Dusan Nikolic up.  Died in 2018 aged 65.  

Only played 22 games for us in 2 seasons (80/81 & 81/82) and played less than 200 games in his whole career.

Technically he was an excellent player,  joined when we were on a slippery slope, the move didn’t really work out for him. 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'm not convinced. All the old people I know spend all their time moaning or describing their ailments. My gaffer is only 59 and his daily advice is "Don't get old".

“Getting old, it ain’t for cissies”. Said by the late actress Bette Davis.

Tad Novak, I remember just laughing at him. Unfortunately, he and the team just weren’t compatible or couldn’t communicate. I don’t know if it was a language issue but he’d make runs down the wing when he should have stayed, then stayed when he should have run. 

it just didn’t work for either party.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So which one is he ?

He's not in the pic! But he was playing in that game. It's the one referred to the BEN article:

"Nowak had been given the nickname “Ferrari” by the Polish press after his starring role in a UEFA Cup game at the San Siro, which is thought to have prompted AC Milan to make an unsuccessful bid for his services a few years before the Bolton move."

In the end he was more like one of them Ladas the team would advertise than a Ferrari.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Only one way to find out 

I'm all for it 

TBF the tractor clue was a bit of a giveway.

I mean if it was a picture of a set of footie shirts and some footballs there's only one player I'd be thinking of.

Or a bootlace tie.

Or a bog roll.

But it would help if the players were actually in the picture.

37 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I remember Novak coming on as sub (think it was Ipswich) and bombing down the wing at about 100 mph. There was an audible intake of breath until we realised he had left the ball about 20 yards earlier🙈

😂 who can forget him. Poor Dave Clement, he didn’t know whether to give and go, play it long or just come inside.