Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Blackpool


gonzo

Recommended Posts

Good game. Always looked like we’d win it but one of those that could have been a frustrating 0-0

Massive gripe though. Never really been one to moan about refs as I get that they have a tough job but fuck me all I would ever ask is consistency. No way is the yellow card count a reflection of the game. Just baffled me with how card happy he was with us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Good game. Always looked like we’d win it but one of those that could have been a frustrating 0-0

Massive gripe though. Never really been one to moan about refs as I get that they have a tough job but fuck me all I would ever ask is consistency. No way is the yellow card count a reflection of the game. Just baffled me with how card happy he was with us

There lad dived no yellow, maghoma yellow for same offence, Sheehan fouled 6 times no yellow, first foul from him a yellow… and the liner on east lower hadn’t a clue. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

Re Sheehan  …

Has he really stepped up or is he just fully fit now?

Both

Although he's really begun to shine since we changed the shape of our midfield three, allowing him to play deeper

If memory serves, it was his performances in that role for Newport County that got him attention

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Both

Although he's really begun to shine since we changed the shape of our midfield three, allowing him to play deeper

If memory serves, it was his performances in that role for Newport County that got him attention

There were times today when he had a bit of the Bernardo Silva about him, those little turns and jinks out of tight spaces then good carries of the ball or probing passes. He's going to need a bit of protection though as season rolls on and he's targeted for the ale house stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Both

Although he's really begun to shine since we changed the shape of our midfield three, allowing him to play deeper

If memory serves, it was his performances in that role for Newport County that got him attention

I remember latter stages of last season, Sheff Weds away, Sheehan played deep and absolutely took the piss of their midfield, Bannan and co, he ran the show.

Him deep, Maghoma or Gomes to bring the ball forward and take shots and Thomason or Dempsey to kick the shit out of everybody, that's the template folks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH I didn't think there was that much between the teams overall. They had enough presentable chances to score a few goals and we had roughly the same number ourselves, George's sweet strike being the difference.

First half in particular their midfield won everything - headers, second balls, tackles - the lot according to the HT stats - and I think it unsettled us as we started giving the ball away cheaply, but we rode it out and played a bit better second half.

They're tough games the against the better teams in this league, and I'm am chuffed to bits we came out on the right side of it, although I'm still a bit miffed about the ridiculous and one-sided bookings which may yet bite us in the bum later in the season. Ref was an arsehole.

Bit of a negativity meltdown on the Blackpool site and a few venting about Critchley but they've got plenty to build on and maybe if they give their manager time to develop his squad as we have done, they could be a force again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, TM Trotter said:

That's a lad who is living the dream... and there's still so much more to come. He's such a pleasure to watch.

Hairs up on the back of the neck stuff. Another key victory.

Had a discussion with extended family in the south of Spain recently and a jibe was directed at me (by one of the flatdicks) along the lines of "you seem to love Bolton Wanderers more than your family". My response was "BWFC is my family. I loved it way before I even knew most of you"

Onwards and upwards. KTF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Good game. Always looked like we’d win it but one of those that could have been a frustrating 0-0

Massive gripe though. Never really been one to moan about refs as I get that they have a tough job but fuck me all I would ever ask is consistency. No way is the yellow card count a reflection of the game. Just baffled me with how card happy he was with us

Ref was laughable really.

Booking Baxter after warning their lad twice was the worst for me.

Assuming Evatt was booked for losing his rag over the inconsistent decisions. 

Hope he asks the efl to have a look at this but know they won't do a thing.

Bloody loved that win, be a bit smug in work tomorrow 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

TBH I didn't think there was that much between the teams overall. They had enough presentable chances to score a few goals and we had roughly the same number ourselves, George's sweet strike being the difference.

First half in particular their midfield won everything - headers, second balls, tackles - the lot according to the HT stats - and I think it unsettled us as we started giving the ball away cheaply, but we rode it out and played a bit better second half.

They're tough games the against the better teams in this league, and I'm am chuffed to bits we came out on the right side of it, although I'm still a bit miffed about the ridiculous and one-sided bookings which may yet bite us in the bum later in the season. Ref was an arsehole.

Bit of a negativity meltdown on the Blackpool site and a few venting about Critchley but they've got plenty to build on and maybe if they give their manager time to develop his squad as we have done, they could be a force again.

Er, you’re back on a Bolton forum now. No need for the patronising stuff about how good our opponents were. No shots on target says they weren’t that great. OK, they hit the post but didn’t we as well? 
Oh, and for the record, at half time we bossed the possession stats 61% to 39%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

League table looking very good this morning so we’ll done IE & the boys (casino I can be complimentary at times😀)

good thing now is we can go to Oxford & Portsmouth and get draws anything more fantastic, didn’t realised Charlton equalised until later on

Nothing game Tuesday so good little rest period until 25th, all good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

The intense rivalry between us and Blackpool has been largely forgotten but for older folk, we can't forget the cup final debacle and they can't forget that we murdered one of their fans.

 

19 hours ago, Moots said:

I was there that day along with a few thousand others and we didn’t murder anyone. It was a lunatic with a knife who served time and left a family grieving. 

Fwiw no one served time for the murder.

The case against the suspect was dropped due to lack of evidence.

I went to school with the suspect, he certainly wasn’t a lunatic and he wouldn’t talk about the incident - ever.

Such a tragic loss of a young life.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.