Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton


batton carrier

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Pablo said:

He is not very good at all, but we can see the situation he has been put in by the club…selling best player and not replacing him, and not being able to give him much backing.

Hands tied behind his back really at this point.

But as much of a nice fella he seems, he is just not very good.

Agree that it seems bigger. Everton job was way too big for him. I’m genuinely not sure who you go for next as you had world class in Ancelloti and he couldn’t really dent it. It reminds me a bit of the gold fish bowl of Newcastle in terms of pressure cooker etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I think it probably highlights why a fan on or influencing the Board won't ever work at a multi million pound business level. 


and he is why we will end up with moyes back, or even dunc.

its like we cant see past ex managers or players.

Even players we sign….we have had 3 respected directors of football, and apparently have more world wide scouts than any other prem team…yet we sign over prices British or British based players from Burnley and Watford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pablo said:

He is not very good at all, but we can see the situation he has been put in by the club…selling best player and not replacing him, and not being able to give him much backing.

Hands tied behind his back really at this point.

But as much of a nice fella he seems, he is just not very good.

As much as I agree with you about the poor running of the club, lack of overall leadership or plan etc. I do think that if you take a step back and just look at the squad you’ve got, a competent manager would be doing better than you are. I’m not saying fighting for Europe but there’s enough in that squad still IMO to be mid table.

I thought avoiding relegation last season was the key as I really didn’t think you’d be back in a genuine relegation fight again, but if you were to actually go down then I can only imagine the financial trouble you’ll be in!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
15 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

 

You do realise that Domestic abuse happens against both males & females ?

That report has no breakdown of the gender of the abused.

Again, nothing to do with inadvertently shooting women and girls, which is the point I made.

Gun crime is largely gang related and not heavily linked to domestic issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As much as I agree with you about the poor running of the club, lack of overall leadership or plan etc. I do think that if you take a step back and just look at the squad you’ve got, a competent manager would be doing better than you are. I’m not saying fighting for Europe but there’s enough in that squad still IMO to be mid table.

I thought avoiding relegation last season was the key as I really didn’t think you’d be back in a genuine relegation fight again, but if you were to actually go down then I can only imagine the financial trouble you’ll be in!?

Squad is ok but lacks goals.

we cant score and never really creat.

richarlison is a massive loss and they replaced a top class player with Brightons 4th choice striker…

Lampard has to take blame, nobody denies that…its just people are trying to get to the root of the problem to try and stem the flow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I have worked, in Industrial Relations, in Liverpool for much of the past 40 years. I feel entirely justified in dismissing these fuckers, collectively, as complete workshy, rule-bending, self-absorbed, utter wankers.

 

*& those are the ones WITH jobs !

Ahhh that settles it then 👍 they’re all the same, course they are, how could I have thought any differently? 

 and we wonder why they don’t sing the national anthem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Squad is ok but lacks goals.

we cant score and never really creat.

richarlison is a massive loss and they replaced a top class player with Brightons 4th choice striker…

Lampard has to take blame, nobody denies that…its just people are trying to get to the root of the problem to try and stem the flow.

If you go from a guy who starts in WC to as you say Brightons 4th choice it can not be good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

If you go from a guy who starts in WC to as you say Brightons 4th choice it can not be good 

And thats the result of the prev 6 years of no organisation or plan from the top of the club.

We know sacking lampard and bringing in a moyes or dyche is papering over the grand canyon sized cracks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

they'll stay up , their GD is ok compared to some nearby, things might need tweaking a bit. 

lampard can probably do it. 

many other batshit teams have stayed up looking miles crazier. 

fluke it for another season, and stop buying players the manager might not need or want. 

if they can stop meddling too much theyll be ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

And thats the result of the prev 6 years of no organisation or plan from the top of the club.

We know sacking lampard and bringing in a moyes or dyche is papering over the grand canyon sized cracks.

 

I think you'd be at least 6 points better off if either of them two had been in charge since the beginning of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Pablo said:

And thats the result of the prev 6 years of no organisation or plan from the top of the club.

We know sacking lampard and bringing in a moyes or dyche is papering over the grand canyon sized cracks.

 

But if it’s the thing that buys you more time to sort the Grand Canyon sized cracks (which I’d imagine are only possible to sort if you have the Prem money) then do you not reckon it’s a necessity - almost a case of some short term decisions to even give you the chance to make long term changes.

I appreciate this should have been the case a long time ago by the way, I just don’t think you’ve ever been as close to being fucked (without obviously knowing the finer details).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

But if it’s the thing that buys you more time to sort the Grand Canyon sized cracks (which I’d imagine are only possible to sort if you have the Prem money) then do you not reckon it’s a necessity - almost a case of some short term decisions to even give you the chance to make long term changes.

I appreciate this should have been the case a long time ago by the way, I just don’t think you’ve ever been as close to being fucked (without obviously knowing the finer details).

I think a manager change before the world cup start would have probably been better, time for him to work with them and plan some players for him to go for in jan…

Any change now and manager may be good, but its also about who we can bring in to help on the pitch now…lamprd players or new panic manager players for us to change again in 6 months!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

And thats the result of the prev 6 years of no organisation or plan from the top of the club.

We know sacking lampard and bringing in a moyes or dyche is papering over the grand canyon sized cracks.

 

One bit of light has to be 7 teams including you lot are averaging less than a point a game, and Forest are NOT one of them. So a run of 3 or 4 unbeaten probably sees you moving up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Ahhh that settles it then 👍 they’re all the same, course they are, how could I have thought any differently? 

 and we wonder why they don’t sing the national anthem 

Coz they're twats.

Not all the same. I know a good dozen I'd trust with your wallet.

I have a fuck site more knowledge of them as a group than I dare say you do though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Ani said:

One bit of light has to be 7 teams including you lot are averaging less than a point a game, and Forest are NOT one of them. So a run of 3 or 4 unbeaten probably sees you moving up. 

Yea it is very close…but 3 or so of them teams look to be adding good players to improve them…im not sure we will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Pablo said:


and he is why we will end up with moyes back, or even dunc.

its like we cant see past ex managers or players.

Even players we sign….we have had 3 respected directors of football, and apparently have more world wide scouts than any other prem team…yet we sign over prices British or British based players from Burnley and Watford.

But overseas players from Watford are fine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

But overseas players from Watford are fine?


Doesn’t show creativity and trust that massive scouting network does it!?!

Its almost like they are ignoring the scouts and making rash reactive recent form based decisions!!

We have been given lists of players that have been recommended to the club by scouts and DOF for us to sign, for the owner and certain managers to veto, whats the point in dof if this is going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Coz they're twats.

Not all the same. I know a good dozen I'd trust with your wallet.

I have a fuck site more knowledge of them as a group than I dare say you do though.

Right, to finally reply to this from my own personal point of view.

Fair enough you have a view of a concentrated group in a city centre and I would say thats the same for many city centres.

For me, my family is split half Liverpool and half bolton. The bolton half is split over 3/4 areas of the town, the scouse  side over 2 areas… and its not the scousers that I dont trust and are full of jobless druggy cunts, its my family in this town. Not a pair of jeans or trousers between them…trackies and sports direct shite from head to toe.

On tag/in prison, drug addicted, cash in hand, lend me a fiver losers….all from my Bolton side in all the areas the live in.

one of my scouse lot even comes to bolton games now n again and some of you have met him….not 1 of my bolton family even support this towns club, in between the crying to social, robbing and begging for the sympathy…they have no time to go the game.

All but 1 or 2 of my scouse family work, and go to watch their team every week.

Some in this thread throwing names at scousers i know for a fact are much worse than my scouse family, and have been utter scruffy, tax dodging benefit loving, piss pot, trouble making drug taking thugs

not many can take the moral high-ground.

Thats your bite, thats all your having.

 

😁

Edited by Pablo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.