Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Barnsley win their game in hand and they'll overtake Oxford and Stevenage  - but their (and our) game in hand is us at their place.

We play Cambridge before Barnsley so they may have a game in hand on us by the time it comes round, I think 

A cup run might skew things for us as well 

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Blackpool was great yesterday. Think I just missed you in spoons 

We had a couple in The Ardwick first & got to Spoons at 330PM.

Passed on The Lifeboat Inn.

Stayed in Spoons due to the awful weather. 

Busier than the middle of Summer.

Had a good chat with the SW fans in there.

Good atmosphere.

Edited by captainmed

11 minutes ago, captainmed said:

We had a couple in The Ardwick first & got to Spoons at 330PM.

Passed on The Lifeboat Inn.

Stayed in Spoons due to the awful weather. 

Busier than the middle of Summer.

Had a good chat with the SW fans in there.

Good atmosphere.

14.28 train

Victoria 

Brew House

Mitre 

Fish n Chips

Brew House ( good pub ,but no use when we play Blackpool it's where they were formed )

Taxi to Fleetwood. 

Double Decker to the Toughsheet. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Hypothetically!

That's disappointing. 

Fwiw, I'm perfectly aware of your compliments towards him.

Dunno why, but there is the odd time when someone will make a post, or I'll hear or read something and for whatever reason it sticks.

Im not arguing or disagreeing with you, its just that you once used the phrase "for all his limitations..." during a compliment. A contradiction in one sentence.

I found it a bit odd and perhaps that's why it stuck.

9 hours ago, paulhanley said:

We need to keep churning out the wins against the Burtons/Fleetwoods etc. We've got to be absolutely relentless in that regard. No more Carlisle, Wigan, Bristol Rovers (h) type results. If we do that we afford ourselves the luxury of draws being OK when it comes to Derby/Barnsley/Peterborough/Stevenage away. 

Pompey will probably bounce back but Oxford are melting a bit and I still think Peterborough have a bit of the self-destruct about them. Barnsley are the dark horses who'll probably gather pace as winter moves to spring. We've still to play them twice. 

Another key week is Blackpool (a) and Wigan (a) within days of each other. Potential trip wire games the pair of them. 

Good analysis, agree with that.  On Peterboro "self-destruct" it was great to see how they conceded their goals v Barnsley, faffing around at the back instead of getting rid.  Definitely makes them beatable.

Those fixtures you mention, they are tough.  Its really hard to judge how we'll do as its so long since we played and scored against a top side, other than the 1-0 v Blackpool if we're counting them as challengers.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how we go on in the "tougher" games, but still another month of bottom half teams to play and we just have to make the most of those fixtures until the bigger challenges come thick and fast.