Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Been saying it for months.

Only young George talks.

Me too, just watching him at Wigan makes me certain that he's the man for the job.

Getting in the defenders face when we got the pen. and dragging Williams away from the Wigan fans. The general attitude of the lad is great to see.

He still gets too many cards for my liking, but we're more of a handful with him than without.

7 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Look at where Coleman is . There is just no need to be off his line there. No need whatsoever. 

Screenshot_2024-03-09-20-35-44-912-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

I don’t understand why he keeps doing it, it’s like he’s dying to impress and is continuously going too far. If this was the first time then you’d just say that it’s a mistake and he’ll learn from it, but there’s usually at least one example per game (3 at Blackpool!) so he’s clearly not learning.

He made some really important saves in the last 20-30 mins and he should take some credit for that, but the long and short of it is that if he just stays on his line there then the striker probably doesn’t even get a shot off, we wouldn’t have conceded within 10 seconds of the restart and maybe the following shit show would never have happened.

He is a L1 sub keeper and that needs to be remembered, he is making some really good saves and generally he’s doing the sweeper keeper role to a decent standard but making the same stupid mistake over and over that is costing us massively with our promotion chances is just really fucking annoying.

I know it looks tough after recent results but we’ve still shown in games that when we’re on it we can beat anyone. However much we complain about the defence it’s our lack of striking force that is costing us games. If we can sort that we shouldn’t be worried about anyone in this league, including Derby.

4 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Me too, just watching him at Wigan makes me certain that he's the man for the job.

Getting in the defenders face when we got the pen. and dragging Williams away from the Wigan fans. The general attitude of the lad is great to see.

He still gets too many cards for my liking, but we're more of a handful with him than without.

Sorry I disagree , getting into the face of a Barnsley player when we were awarded a penno is disgraceful. Disrespectful to a fellow professional footballer, disrespectful to his bwfc team mates , if the ref had seen it he'd have been yellow carded. 

You can show passion on the field without doing things like that . 

It's all about respect , we all love our club , you cannot behave like that . Would you do that to a fellow co worker in your place of work ... ?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Sorry I disagree , getting into the face of a Barnsley player when we were awarded a penno is disgraceful. Disrespectful to a fellow professional footballer, disrespectful to his bwfc team mates , if the ref had seen it he'd have been yellow carded. 

It's all about respect , we all love our club , you cannot behave like that . Would you do that to a fellow co worker in your place of work ... ?

childish is the word I'd use.. 

would have looked even more an arse if RW hadn't scored the re-bound. 

2 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Shut up you pussy! Hes not a fellow co worker, hes an enemy!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Fair enough Nottm and Swanny, perhaps it's Holts talking a bit.

I still think he would be a great captain though. We need someone showing a bit of (may I say) enthusiasm.

6 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

I still think he would be a great captain though. We need someone showing a bit of (may I say) enthusiasm.

Cant beat an Holts bitter pal. COYWM!

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, woolli said:

Shut up you pussy! Hes not a fellow co worker, hes an enemy!

No he isnt. He's an opponent. 

Thomason simply has to be more controlled and clever in how he goes about winding opponents up.

We all love the passion, and yes it made us chuckle, but he also got lucky. We'd have criticised him if he'd got another yellow and consequent red.

14 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

You’re right, don’t apologise.

Balls, grit, leadership & mental strength.

Call it what you will, very few of them have it. 

And possibly the reason he was so animated at Barnsley was because he was at fault for their first goal. 

He got over it and and set the 2 goals up

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
Just now, captainmed said:

You’re right, don’t apologise.

Balls, grit, leadership & mental strength.

Call it what you will, very few of them have it. 

And possibly the reason he was so animated at Barnsley was because he was at fault for their first goal. 

I do wonder if part of his issues are related to a lack of shouting/leadership at times.

Not sure he needs the captaincy at the moment though.

I read a while back that Baxter’s injury is a hand tendon injury.

Looking at the NHS they say it takes approx 12 weeks for that type of injury to heal but it can take up to 6 months. Maybe that’s why Evatt can’t put a specific time on it.

If we are in the playoffs, I’d hope he’s back for those.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I do wonder if part of his issues are related to a lack of shouting/leadership at times.

I'm sure it is, but who's going to do it out of todays team ?

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You’re right but I’m not saying he’s captaincy material yet.

He’s probably having to overcompensate for the rest at the minute. 

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No he isnt. He's an opponent. 

Thomason simply has to be more controlled and clever in how he goes about winding opponents up.

We all love the passion, and yes it made us chuckle, but he also got lucky. We'd have criticised him if he'd got another yellow and consequent red.

Yes, correct mate. He is a powder keg, but his passion is something to behold as a Wanderer. He will learn, and mature, and, in time he will prosper.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, woolli said:

Yes, correct mate. He is a powder keg, but his passion is something to behold as a Wanderer. He will learn, and mature, and, in time he will prosper.

I agree. 

I think he's a great player, albeit with stuff to improve.

We just need to leadership when a goal goes against us- someone to get hold of the team and get them switched back on, and not seemingly feeling a bit sorry form themselves.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Have the club said how soon Baxter will be back?

Last friday i was told, month

By somebody who is in the first team group

18 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I read a while back that Baxter’s injury is a hand tendon injury.

Looking at the NHS they say it takes approx 12 weeks for that type of injury to heal but it can take up to 6 months. Maybe that’s why Evatt can’t put a specific time on it.

If we are in the playoffs, I’d hope he’s back for those.

The rumour is he’s out for the season this backs up that rumour.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The rumour is he’s out for the season this backs up that rumour.

Or you could believe me

As of last friday, month