Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton's finest (kebab)

Not a big fan of the kebab so don't often get them. But I had one from the Night Bar in Horwich after a night out. It was just what the doctor ordered. It was ace. Now then, I appreciate that when you're pissed most food tastes like food for the God's. So 9 months later after work I called at the Night Bar again. Sober and lucid I ordered another. To my surprise it was just as good as I remembered. The Night Bar in Horwich is my nomination for the Kebab Oscar.

On 25/03/2024 at 22:26, Underpants said:

Not a big fan of the kebab so don't often get them. But I had one from the Night Bar in Horwich after a night out. It was just what the doctor ordered. It was ace. Now then, I appreciate that when you're pissed most food tastes like food for the God's. So 9 months later after work I called at the Night Bar again. Sober and lucid I ordered another. To my surprise it was just as good as I remembered. The Night Bar in Horwich is my nomination for the Kebab Oscar.

ooh, you're so close to Pasha on Winter hey Lane which usurps anything the night bar has to offer They have a minted mild chilli sauce which is fantastic

Edited by Gonk

• 3 weeks later...

Went to some Afghan place in Rusholme yesterday. Had this monster kebab - lamb and chicken, huge pitta. Salad. Tray with chilli and yoghurt sauce. Immense! My “part-time” veggie status had it’s “meat day” for sure! Meat was cooked on the skewers dropped into the clay ovens. Prefer it done that way. Chargrilled onion on the side. Drooling thinking about it.

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Smiley said:

Went to some Afghan place in Rusholme yesterday. Had this monster kebab - lamb and chicken, huge pitta. Salad. Tray with chilli and yoghurt sauce. Immense! My “part-time” veggie status had it’s “meat day” for sure! Meat was cooked on the skewers dropped into the clay ovens. Prefer it done that way. Chargrilled onion on the side. Drooling thinking about it.

Just reading that makes my mouth water!

Those tandoors definitely help with the meat, and also when they wang chapatis on the side too, they have a great texture.

As an aside, are there any women working there?

2 hours ago, Smiley said:

Went to some Afghan place in Rusholme yesterday. Had this monster kebab - lamb and chicken, huge pitta. Salad. Tray with chilli and yoghurt sauce. Immense! My “part-time” eggie status had it’s “meat day” for sure! Meat was cooked on the skewers dropped into the clay ovens. Prefer it done that way. Chargrilled onion on the side. Drooling thinking about it.

Charcoal Pit 

on Daubhill do them like that