Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"no To Yes"

globaldiver

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest squidgy66

A handful of wins before Christmas with a push for mid-table mediocrity and it will be all but forgotten.

There was similar negativity when we went on a losing streak last year and the way he shafted the fans over the UEFA cup games. As soon as he got it together fans all but forgot the reason why they didn't like him in the first place.

I really don't care for the bloke much, but if he turns it around it'll be a carbon copy of last year and no doubt the cycle will be repeated by him or different managers in seasons to come.

I had the most depressing thought leaving the ground that only relegation will mean the departure of Megson. So here it is the future prospect of negative uninspiring football for years to come. <_<

Or the happy thought of watching our academy players play exciting free flowing football against teams full of other young players or hasbeens, oh & we can all pick where we sit. That is until the land gets sold for more shops on the Middlebrook!

Happy Days!

After recent games either Riga or Ricky is a positive. I'd like to see both on at the same time again to. =D>

I think he only put them on together this game due to the number of folk who thought they were one and the same person and somebody'd pocketed a phantom transfer fee!

Nothing yesterday thats for sure. Can't understand why Gardner is not an automatic choice. Goal scoring will always be a problem with any Megson side

Cos he's not one of MG's favourites - he only came on because Riga was injured.

GM has a lot to do to win my support back. Yesterday has bought him another 3 weeks in his job. We've got Hull, Liverpool, Boro and then sunderland to play. If we don't get good results at those away games he'll be back where he was at 4.00 yesterday.

Cos he's not one of MG's favourites - he only came on because Riga was injured.

GM has a lot to do to win my support back. Yesterday has bought him another 3 weeks in his job. We've got Hull, Liverpool, Boro and then sunderland to play. If we don't get good results at those away games he'll be back where he was at 4.00 yesterday.

We are stuck with Megson for a fair while yet. There's too much experience in this side for us to go down. My scenario still is 40 points with 2 games to go.

A manager with a few attacking ideas could get us up to mid table no problem, but there is no chance for the foreseeable future.

We are stuck with Megson for a fair while yet. There's too much experience in this side for us to go down. My scenario still is 40 points with 2 games to go.

A manager with a few attacking ideas could get us up to mid table no problem, but there is no chance for the foreseeable future.

I predict Megson will get more money in January, even if we do get relegated he,ll still have the Bolton job to get us back up next season. IF he does fail to win us promotion in that season then he will get the sack.

Then again IF we stay in the Prem he will continue like we are for at least his contract.

Edited by Ands1

I predict Megson will get more money in January, even if we do get relegated he,ll still have the Bolton job to get us back up next season. IF he does fail to win us promotion in that season then he will get the sack.

Then again IF we stay in the Prem he will continue like we are for at least his contract.

So if he gets more money how much will he get and who does he buy?

So if he gets more money how much will he get and who does he buy?

I really don't know who he'd buy. I,m pretty sure Megson knows who he'd want just like all the Wanderers fans, but the likes of world class players are way out of our reach, we really need a creative midfielder & a sharp front man. I,m still willing to give Elmander time to settle, we really need him to be a live wire right now. I know we've no chance of these two but Johnson & Zamora are looking a good front pair for me.

I really don't know who he'd buy. I,m pretty sure Megson knows who he'd want just like all the Wanderers fans, but the likes of world class players are way out of our reach, we really need a creative midfielder & a sharp front man. I,m still willing to give Elmander time to settle, we really need him to be a live wire right now. I know we've no chance of these two but Johnson & Zamora are looking a good front pair for me.

johnson with 2 goals and Zamora with 1 are worse than our pair.

That Zaki chap looks ok.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.