Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Spurs

Happy Wanderer

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the starting 11 were superb, and the substitutes were inspired!

McCann was inspired? He could have lost us the game!

I personally would have bought Gretar on for Lee. However, I can't moan, a great game with a performance to match

Good performance today.

Most enjoyable game for a while. Good point in the end against a decent team. Thought we deserved to win based on our first half performance.

Well done to the players and management.

Come on you WHITES!!!

Just spoke to a Spud mate & he reckoned they were lucky to walk away with a point.

Some of the flicks, tricks and backheels from Lee today was something we have not seen in a while. Outrageous back heel for our 2nd and a nice volley that led to Bibi's goal

Good performance and an entertaining 2-2.

This season we are having problems with corners, if we are going to have 11 men defending a corner we really need to make sure we don't lose our markers and give space in the box.

Steinsson needs to be brought back, Ricketts is not as good as him and cost us today.

Davies played very well, our 2nd goal was fantastic.

Some of the flicks, tricks and backheels from Lee today was something we have not seen in a while. Outrageous back heel for our 2nd and a nice volley that led to Bibi's goal

Good performance and an entertaining 2-2.

This season we are having problems with corners, if we are going to have 11 men defending a corner we really need to make sure we don't lose our markers and give space in the box.

Steinsson needs to be brought back, Ricketts is not as good as him and cost us today.

Davies played very well, our 2nd goal was fantastic.

The second goal ricketts lost his marker and therefore that was his fault. The first goal though is unfair to blame on him. Crouch won the header because he was better in the air, not because ricketts lost him. The more pressing issue is who was marking Kranjcar. Whoever it was stopped tracking him so it's their fault.

Overall though a good game and a good point. If we keep that level of performance then we'll win a fair few of our home games.

The second goal ricketts lost his marker and therefore that was his fault. The first goal though is unfair to blame on him. Crouch won the header because he was better in the air, not because ricketts lost him. The more pressing issue is who was marking Kranjcar. Whoever it was stopped tracking him so it's their fault.

Overall though a good game and a good point. If we keep that level of performance then we'll win a fair few of our home games.

Cahill

Kranjcar came from deep to run on to the header i think so it would have to be a central midfielder who let him get a free run into the box.

Cahill was stood next to Ricketts when he lost the header, if he was in the middle he would have been in a postion to clear the downward header

Guest bwfcdan

Good point...thought the lads played better...but we still need someone up front to partner Davies...lost count of how many times he won the headers but his knock down's went straight to a spurs player.

A few more added points. Thought Muamba was non existant, thought Ricketts played poor, was poor defending on a whole for the goals. Chong Young looked promising in the first half but tired quickly in the second. I still dont think Cohen does enough in the match.

Even though Jussi spilled the effort from Defoe i thought his save from the rebound was excellent.

People can give stick to Crouch but i'd love him in a Wanderers shirt, has got great control for such a tall player.

Even though he's scored goals i'd take Cohen out the side and put Klasnic up front because, just so there's someone there to get the ball from Davies's knock downs.

Overall one of the better performances this season but still a lot of room for improvement.

Edited by bwfcdan

Housemate's a Spurs fan and he's as happy with the point as we are. We're still conceding too many (I can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league) but at least we're scoring now. Good times suddenly seem to be rolling (crosses fingers and hopes he hasn't put a massive curse on us now)

I thought it was a big improvement from the Stoke performance, and some good individual performances, namely Kevin Davies and Cohen, some nice cameo touches from Yong but overall I would not say it was a blinding performance or a great match, happy with the point though and nice to stretch our unbeaten run, and full credit to Megson for playing a very attack minded midfield.

• Site Supporter

well im gutted.

i thought the game was poor for the most part, with a few splatterings of decent passing.

poor defending for all the goals, davies looked tired and lacked effort for me though a brave header for his goal. muamba had his worst game of the season. lee should of done better on a couple of occasions.

spurs were REALLY shite, but they still managed 2 goals. we gave them FAR too much space in midfield and crouch was a problem all game.

it bemuses me why people think just because we completed more passes than usual, attempted a couple of backheels and scored a couple of goals, that we played well?

i'd have taken a draw before the match, but leading after twice we should have won.

give me a scrappy, long ball 1-0 win every day of the week.

well im gutted.

i thought the game was poor for the most part, with a few splatterings of decent passing.

poor defending for all the goals, davies looked tired and lacked effort for me though a brave header for his goal. muamba had his worst game of the season. lee should of done better on a couple of occasions.

spurs were REALLY shite, but they still managed 2 goals. we gave them FAR too much space in midfield and crouch was a problem all game.

it bemuses me why people think just because we completed more passes than usual, attempted a couple of backheels and scored a couple of goals, that we played well?

i'd have taken a draw before the match, but leading after twice we should have won.

give me a scrappy, long ball 1-0 win every day of the week.

I also left the ground gutted.

A draw v any of the top 4 clubs would be an achievement but I consider this two home points dropped.

It was good to see that Megson had finally picked an attacking side after the horror shows against Sunderland and Stoke.A pity that poor defending let him down.

• Site Supporter
Not being funny Homer and Mounts, but if you didn't think that was an exciting game to watch I'm not sure exactly what it is you expect :pardon:

Mexico 70?

Dutch total football?

FFS you're setting the bar pretty high.

im not arsed about the total football, im arsed about defending properly and winning games (especially against teams that are there for the taking as spurs were today).

Good point...thought the lads played better...but we still need someone up front to partner Davies...lost count of how many times he won the headers but his knock down's went straight to a spurs player.

A few more added points. Thought Muamba was non existant, thought Ricketts played poor, was poor defending on a whole for the goals. Chong Young looked promising in the first half but tired quickly in the second. I still dont think Cohen does enough in the match.

Even though Jussi spilled the effort from Defoe i thought his save from the rebound was excellent.

People can give stick to Crouch but i'd love him in a Wanderers shirt, has got great control for such a tall player.

Even though he's scored goals i'd take Cohen out the side and put Klasnic up front because, just so there's someone there to get the ball from Davies's knock downs.

Overall one of the better performances this season but still a lot of room for improvement.

Wrong about Muamba - superb without being showy. The main reason that Spurs didn't play well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.