Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sacked In The Morning?

globaldiver

• Members
huh, if we win out game in hand, rovers are 1 win above us?

suppose theyre on a bit of a cup run too.

Assuming nothing changes at the Reebok or B'astard Rovers, which would you put your money on to finish higher in the table.

No contest.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing

Darren Ferguson

That would be an example for the "be careful what you wish for" brigade.

A bloke who resigned/got sacked from a club at the bottom of the Championship in his only season at that level.

A poor man's Owen Coyle,Simon Grayson or Roberto Martinez.

Please no.He has not done enough to be awarded the Bolton job.

On the slightly positive side it would get rid of the stinking atmosphere surrounding Megson and his band of losers and he might get some good loan players from his dad.

• Site Supporter

Aye, always end on a positive. There's plenty of both up and coming and past their best players at United who would walk into our team right now.

Giggs can't have many seasons left, Scholes, Neville, plus probably any number of youngsters.

Nah! Balls to that. I don't think I could stomach becoming United's Youth Academy!

• Moderators
We will get beat on Saturday. Megson will get grief from the stands. People will be on here defending him because City have spent billions.

correct

I doubt we'll get a result on Saturday anyway

City only lost once this season and have marginally better players than us

as for the run we're on

it don't look good

We will get beat on Saturday. Megson will get grief from the stands. People will be on here defending him because City have spent billions.

We wont get relegated because of City beating us at the Reebok. It'll be because of losing against Hull, Wolves, Blackburn etc.

We simply have to beat West Ham and Hull to have a chance of staying up. If we lose one of those games I think we are f*cked.

• Site Supporter
getting beaten at home by city will not result in sacking.

west ham at home the following week is a different matter.

The problem is, in the eyes of the fans he's as bad as the last result and in the eyes of the board he's as good as the next result.

• Site Supporter

But once the defeat is out of the way, the board is again going to give him until the next match to get an improvement from the team. Then, eventually we'll get lucky and we'll get a point or three and the board will give him three games.

He isn't going to walk and he isn't going to be sacked.

Anyone know a contract killer? :unknw:

• Moderators
getting beaten at home by city will not result in sacking.

west ham at home the following week is a different matter.

a 1-0 closely edged game may not

a 4-0 trouncing where the players don't look interested or up for it might and probably should

I have been one of the biggest opponents of Megson's initial appointment and then took a fairl pragmatic view once it was too late and he was actually appointed. I defended the players after the Dingles game and tried to stop my lad joining in with the Megson Out chants towards the end of the match. But finally I cannot toe the line any longer! He must go and he must go now!!! Furthermore, Gartside made this fateful appointment and I said at the time that if it went wrong(and it probably would) he should fall on his sword. Well it's certainly gone wrong, spectacularly so. The fans are deserting, the funds are depleted, the players demotivated and no longer behind the manager. We have more full backs than we need and little creativity. We can't defend even with all of our funds being spent on defenders, and we have a ?8.2m striker who's true value is about ?2m. We are not picking up points and are firmly in a relegation battle . What is amazing Gary is that we were in the UEFA cup when you arrived and now look at us.

MEGSON GO NOW AND GO QUICKLY!!!!!!!

I have been one of the biggest opponents of Megson's initial appointment and then took a fairl pragmatic view once it was too late and he was actually appointed. I defended the players after the Dingles game and tried to stop my lad joining in with the Megson Out chants towards the end of the match. But finally I cannot toe the line any longer! He must go and he must go now!!! Furthermore, Gartside made this fateful appointment and I said at the time that if it went wrong(and it probably would) he should fall on his sword. Well it's certainly gone wrong, spectacularly so. The fans are deserting, the funds are depleted, the players demotivated and no longer behind the manager. We have more full backs than we need and little creativity. We can't defend even with all of our funds being spent on defenders, and we have a ?8.2m striker who's true value is about ?2m. We are not picking up points and are firmly in a relegation battle . What is amazing Gary is that we were in the UEFA cup when you arrived and now look at us.

MEGSON GO NOW AND GO QUICKLY!!!!!!!

Well summed up.

We're in Megson-land. It's exactly what it said on the tin. Most fans read that 2 years ago & didn't want him. When he was appointed, we hoped he'd prove us wrong. And here we are, exactly where we feared we'd be. It's not always such a mad, mad world; sometimes it's perfectly logical.

• Moderators

When he was appointed, did you really fear that we'd still be in the Premier League 2 years later? Fuck me, I feared we'd be in League Two. You make it sound like he was the worst possible appointment ever, I could spend my lunch hour listing worse.

When he was appointed, did you really fear that we'd still be in the Premier League 2 years later? Fuck me, I feared we'd be in League Two. You make it sound like he was the worst possible appointment ever, I could spend my lunch hour listing worse.

I don't want to jump on the bandwagon and have still never booed Megson, but I would be very interested to see your list of worst managers than Megson.

I don't want to jump on the bandwagon and have still never booed Megson, but I would be very interested to see your list of worst managers than Megson.

Had a brain dump in the office and..................

John Barnes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.